View Poll Results: Are you going to collect the Disney Star Tours Figures?

Voters
890. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, these look great! I can't wait to get 'em!

233 26.18%
  • Yes, I'll get them if I don't have to visit a theme park.

355 39.89%
  • No, I don't think I'm interested in these items.

212 23.82%
  • Maybe. I'm not sure they're going to be part of my collection.

90 10.11%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have gone cold turkey on collecting SW so I will not ge them. But if I still was. I would.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I will not buy these since they did not appear in the movie therefore I find them to be worthless pieces of crap. Plus I've never been on the ride or if I went on the ride I don't remember it meaning that it must not have been very good. I'm pretty sure I've never been on it though.

I will not buy these since they did not appear in the movie therefore I find them to be worthless pieces of crap. Plus I've never been on the ride or if I went on the ride I don't remember it meaning that it must not have been very good. I'm pretty sure I've never been on it though
    I agree with him,there pieces of worthless crap,And Im not going to disney land to buy them.
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb
    a pill to make you anybody else
    but all the drugs in this world wont save her from herself

the chorus form Marilyn Mansons "Coma White"

hey I accidently voted for the wrong one. I'm going to get them but not by going to the park, Im not a big fan of the looks of em but I'm a completetrisset. I want to take away my vote and vote for option number 2 instead of option number 4.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

HAHA!!!!!!!

Since I already work for the mouse. I'm gonna buy as many as I can with my sweet 35% discount and put them on Ebay and suppliment my income the same way I did with those cheesy Indiana Jones figures. HAHA!!!!! Collectors will be helpless.

Just Kidding. This is what alot of Disney "Cast Members" do. Maybe "The Mouse" should pay those people a little more so they don't have to do that.

Disney sucks. All the people there are from other contries and are very nasty. The park is overpriced and extremly hot. you guys can keep your figs. i'll survive.
    wipe them out ...... all of them.

My brother, and his family are going to Disney in the beginning of September. I asked him if he could try to pick me up at least the four figs (and maybe a ship?). He is going to try. . .but who knows. If I don't get them, I may be slightly upset, but I definitely won't be paying scalper prices on eBay either.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Originally posted by Tycho
    I might use these droids to add to a Geonosis droid factory scene and have them working on battledroids, though I think Rex looks like he could assist the Kamino Cloners in something like ACPin's massive cloning facility diorama. To me, I want them really bad because they're totally EU droids and we can use them for whatever we want, right down to an expresso maker from Dexter's Diner!
    I voted maybe ... and then I read Tychos post and got all excited and wished that I had enough room to build stuff like that. So, I'll probably drive the 15 miles to Downtown Disney and pick one or two up. Sure they're cheesy and so is Disney in general, but they're also novel and it is honestly a cool ride.

... and what's with this incredible cynicism?

Originally posted by reebo1
    Disney sucks. All the people there are from other contries and are very nasty. The park is overpriced and extremly hot. you guys can keep your figs. i'll survive.
    You don't want the star tours figures because there are foreign people at Disneyland and it gets hot out? That's a little absurd. What ... there aren't any foreigners in NY anymore and it's not hot there this summer? You may as well stop leaving your house all together.

I'll get them if I don't have to go to Disney World to get them. But they look awsome.
    "This Party's Over!"- Mace Windu

Well, if one or two show up in online stores like the accessory pack 'exclusives' have then i might be tempted just for custom fodder but these aren't exactly works of art as far as action figures go so I'm not breaking a sweat over them. Captain Rex and G2-4T are the two that strike me as most original but they're hardly star wars in style. More like short circuit "number five is alive!! Stephanie - stephanie - number five is alive!!!"

The R3 droid looks over painted in bright kiddy colors but then, that's why he was made - to appeal to kids visiting the ride. The dalek one looks too dumb to spend more than this talking about.

Rebelscum had a report tonight about an R5 and an R4 droid possibly being the next two to be produced. The R5 isn't the same as R5-D4 though it has diferent sensor eyes. R5-D4 has three across his face and the star tours R5 droid has two close together dead center of his face. Like a tinny pair of binoculars. But either way it's still be cool to get an R5 droid somewhere along the line whichever one it is. I'd buy that one in multiples if i could find it.

Over all though i would have to say no, i won't be collecting the series. Too expensive for one and a pain in the arse for European collectors to get hold of for another.