Hybrid View

Hollywood out of ideas: Santa Clause 2

Holy Cringle:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney...taclause2.html

Now, the first movie was a pretty good family film. My aunt sent me the movie as a Christmas present once. I thought it was pretty good, and was a neat premise. But I don't know what to think about a sequel.

The trailer made it look decent, but trailers can be deceiving. The thing I'm most worried about is that the 'fine print' is once again the catalyst for the plot. We saw this already in the first film, couldn't they do something else? Or at least down play it. I mean, if this is a success, what's the third one going to be about?

"Even more fine print, Santa. You need to protect the Earth from invading space spiders."

Oh well, I'm sure the kiddies will love it.

I watched the trailer for that yesterday and I WANNA GO SEE IT . I liked the first so will probably enjoy the 2nd. After watching the trailer I felt all christmassy!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Re: Hollywood out of ideas: Santa Clause 2

It gets worse DeadEye, as The Santa Clause 3 is currently slated for a 2006 release.

And the winner for digging up the oldest thread is...

CAESAR

Step up Mr. Sar and claim yer prize.

Over 3 years. Not to shabby Cae.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    And the winner for digging up the oldest thread is...

CAESAR

Step up Mr. Sar and claim yer prize.

Over 3 years. Not to shabby Cae.
    Well Slick he seems to have taken that idea and ran with it since there are about 5 new posts on 3 yr old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    Well Slick he seems to have taken that idea and ran with it since there are about 5 new posts on 3 yr old threads.
    It's Caesar. It's what he does.

Every so often, late late at night, Caesar will plunge deep into SSG's ocean of long forgotten threads, and resurrect them. He not only brings back memories of old threads, but old forum members as well. In this case, one of SSG's most infamous, and subsequently banned, members.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    It gets worse DeadEye, as The Santa Clause 3 is currently slated for a 2006 release.
    I say instead of SC III they should remake the 1964 classic: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

I wonder if DeadEye will catch SC3 if Natalie Portman plays an elf. . . ?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I wonder if DeadEye will catch SC3 if Natalie Portman plays an elf. . . ?
    According to imdb there isn't anything on Nat being in SC 3 but Judge Reinhold is.

I only watch two christmas movies every year: Scrooged and National Lampoon's christmas Vacation. ...and maybe the original How the Grinch Stole christmas.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)