Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone ever been to the Toys'R'US in Freehold raceway?

If you've been to the Toys r us in Freehold raceway,whats your comments on it?
    I Think it ok,doesnt carry anything rare,there just thrown in a big crate and placed small shelves.
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb
    a pill to make you anybody else
    but all the drugs in this world wont save her from herself

the chorus form Marilyn Mansons "Coma White"

Jonna
    I have been there before, but it was quite some time ago. Sorry, I can't help. You could check out the one by Monmoth Mall and see if that one is any better. I use to find a lot of rare stuff there years ago.

thanks,I know this walmart some were in monmouth,I cant remember were but I have it ritten somewere.
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb

freehold tru

usually i think the freehold tru is pretty lousy. but i managed to find 20 or so dexters with background inserts there. that is the only place i have ever seen them....

stephen

The TRU by the Monmouth Mall is closed.

I've been to the Freehold one a few times.....always looks messy, and haven't seen anything worth buying in there in a long time. Same thing for the TRU in East Brunswick, although I hear the reason they never have anything there is cuz of crooked management. Apparently all the new figs go to the store manager who sells them at a flea market in northern NJ. Scalpers for store managers - the absolute worst enemy of the collector.

Jonna
    Originally posted by tagmac
    The TRU by the Monmouth Mall is closed.

Told you it has been a while since I've been there! Sorry!

yep,Im better off with Walmart,thats ok
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb

Anyone ever hear of Zapp comics,its in the Raceway mall across from the food court next to Jonny Rockets,the store is overpriced,they sell Star Wars figs and japanese mini sw figs,from 5$ to 200$,I found a Count Dooku once,15$,I bought it.Its overpricced but its still good
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb

Well. . .well. . .well. . .some people have been around my neck of the woods.

First things first. . .the Eatontown(Monmouth Mall) TRU is not closed, its just moved down the street, and it is much better at finding figures than Freehold.

As far as Freehold goes. . .you shouldn't even waste your time. Not only are there a few collectors that work there, there are also a lot of scalpers in the area who are in cahoots with these workers. It is next to impossible to find anything here. I actually used to be an employee here (some time ago), and still found it hard to get stuff because everything would be hiden right off the truck, and scalpers would reap all the benefits. If you are in the area, it doesn't hurt to check out the store. . .but don't be dissapointed.

If the WalMart you were thinking of is the one on Route 9 in Howell. . .don't bother. It's dirty, an absoulte mess, and there is NEVER anything there. A comic book store down the street usually gets all of what comes throught the doors of this WalMart.

Zapp Comics is a joke. . .don't even get me started. But what do you expect from a comic store that also has to pay rent in a pretty pricey mall.

Your best bet in the area is the newly opened Target on Route 9 in Malalapan. It is usually pretty decent for figures. . .exclusives. . .well we all know thats a different story.

Well. . . I hope I haven't scared you all away from the beautiful Freehold area. . .and maybe I'll see you guys around. I actually prefer shopping up north for my figs. Woodbridge TRU has always been pretty good to me, as well as East Brunswick TRU. Good luck, and happy hunting.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

bobafett07728

hey bobafett07728,

i just sent you a pm.....

stephen
    "cohens4"