Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Originally posted by odb
    One film I missed off that anyone should at some point see is Metropolis. It may seem a rubbish now but considering it was made back in the 30s, so you can see how many films it has inspired since then. Truly a Grandaddy of Sci-Fi films.
    Metropolis is definatly an often forgotten movie classic. And was pretty much one of the first real serious sci-fi movies. It's hard to believe it was made back in 1927. It's so sad that so much of the film is lost to time, thanks to the Nazi regime. But they keep turning up more footage all the time, and there is a 2-disc DVD S.E. of it coming out next year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

there is a 2-disc DVD S.E. of it coming out next year.

Finally someone might do it justice. This film has to be some of the most cut, re-edited and messed about films, with numerous versions ranging from a dubbed version to a special short version to keep audiences happy. Although a directors commentary may be missing

I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention this one, but "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" deserves to go on my list (and hopefully yours too). This one is just so out there, but "cool sci-fi" is definitely a very accurate description of this flick.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anyone see Signs yet? It definately deserves inclusion on this list. An incredible film.

Oh my- I cannot forget to mention:

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

For you young ones, I would not recommend it for many reasons. First, the content is too graphic and the movie really slows down in the second act, when the philosophical issues are delved into. But talk about hard SF that leaves you pondering the imponderables! Crime- how should we deal with it? Should we punish or reform? Is reform more cruel than punishment, contrary to popular belief? This is what SF is supposed to do. A real gem.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car