Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile New Snaggletooth

I don't know what anybody else thinks about the new Snaggletooth figure , but I think that figure is really cool looking. What do you guys think?
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

I think its nice to see snaggletooth after so long(One of myfaviourite characters) and with a very nice sculpt
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Re: New Snaggletooth

Originally posted by Huckleberry Josh
    I don't know what anybody else thinks about the new Snaggletooth figure , but I think that figure is really cool looking. What do you guys think?
    I am sooo glad Hasbro finally decided to make Zulton, as well as Takeel. Zulton has aways been one of my favorite Cantina Aliens. Now, maybe they'll make the second Duros. I would custom make one. But i have never seen a full body Photo of him. Has anyone else?

He seems to be more of a nod to the vintage line than anything else, which is fine by me. With the new Luke X-Wing, Snags and R5 it seems we will finally have updated versions of the original 21.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Are you kidding? This creepy lookin' big headed freak got made before Madine? What the heck is Hasbro doing at these R&D meetings? Somebody please tell me? SirSteve said they were listening, but I still don't see Madine and Imperial Dignitaries and Wooof, and Cloud Car Pilots. I don't remember anyone clamoring for a midget snivvian. Get with the program Hasbro!!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Aliens are always more popular and interesting than peripheral human characters like Madine: Hasbro is only reacting to the trend it sees in the Fan Choice selections. I agree that Madine should be made, and Rieekan as well, but Zutton is WAY cool, and as mentioned above is a nice nod to the vintage line.

Bring on Bannis Keeg!
    Mond urynn ac alanna, vos ac ceredigion, sleyn vos vuul.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Are you kidding? This creepy lookin' big headed freak got made before Madine? What the heck is Hasbro doing at these R&D meetings? Somebody please tell me? SirSteve said they were listening, but I still don't see Madine and Imperial Dignitaries and Wooof, and Cloud Car Pilots. I don't remember anyone clamoring for a midget snivvian. Get with the program Hasbro!!
    EP,
    Though I agree that Madine and others are, at best, long overdue, the presence of Zutton (albeit another Snivvian) suggests that we will get just about everyone in time. You need look no further than BoShek to see that is the case. If they are making BoShek, they will make anybody. I had started a thread on one of these forums, this one or Dear Hasbro, called "Hooray for Zutton!" in which I elaborated on this fact, so I will not repeat myself here.

In the end, the lack of Madine, Wooof, and others that we all want ensure that the line will perpetuate. There has been speculation that the POTJ line (or whatever it may be renamed by then) cannot possibly survive to the release of Episode III. But if you really give it some thought, there is not a great shortage of characters needing to be done (as you've pointed out here), plus a need for QUALITY resculpts (which is to say figures that cry out for a resculpt like R5-D4, a call that has been answered, and Hoth Han Solo or Dr. Evezan). I say trickle out the human background characters so we can allways have a good flow of alien characters with a mix of new humans, infrequent resculpts, and even the incorporation of EU into the POTJ line. This has begun to some degree with the (unfounded in EU canon) Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul figures, so perhaps many of the characters from novels and comics will follow in the future, fleshing out the line.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Thumbs down Re: New Snaggletooth

Originally posted by Huckleberry Josh
    Frankly I don't understand everyone's big fascination with Madine. He has a horrible hairstyle that looks as though he's balding, and is trying
    to cover it up by flopping his hair over, and a stupid beard. I'd much rather have interesting aliens, as well as droids made.

It all goes back to the vintage line.

There are some real die hard fans who would like to see all of the old vintage stuff redone before Hasbro gets too far into new ground.

I agree that Hasbro has been doing a bang-up job of rounding out the new line. Unfortunatly this includes making more Jar-Jars and Han Solo's along the way. I can live with that. I even like some of the EU characters, though I would prefer to see characters from the comics and books!
    May the force be with you.

Re: Re: New Snaggletooth

Originally posted by squee666
    Frankly I don't understand everyone's big fascination with Madine. He has a horrible hairstyle that looks as though he's balding, and is trying
    to cover it up by flopping his hair over, and a stupid beard. I'd much rather have interesting aliens, as well as droids made.
    I couldn't agree with you anymore than I do now,Useless character he is
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious