Hybrid View

More 12 inch bombs!

Well, I just saw the new 12 inch Han Stormtrooper.

What a piece of junk!

Was that white thread I saw holding his "Armor" in place? It's times like this I'm glad I don't collect the 12 inch stuff.

Hasbro, PLEASE do us all a favor and leave the 12 inch stuff to Marmit. This will leave you more time to work on the 3.75 inch stuff.
    May the force be with you.

The only 12" figures that I have really liked from Hasbro have been the Queen Amidala Portrait Editions. Just awesome details on the costumes even if the faces were a little "Barbie-ish."

As a whole I think the Ep1 12" figures were the best ones made. Especially Darth Maul, Mace Windu, Qui-Gonn from the Defense of Naboo 2-pack, and Queen Amidala from said 2-pack. Plus the Portrait Editions I mentioned above.

For some reason the quality of the 12" figures has actually gone down since then, while the 3 3/4" line has improved by leaps and bounds. I agree with sith_killer_99, Hasbro should retire the 12" line and focus on the standard figures.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

all the stormtrooper armor is sewn onto the body suit on the 12 inch figures. and if you didn't notice, hasbro finally got the shoulder armor correct on this figure. he could be better, but he's not the worst thing out there.

now the death star trooper is another story. but if you have $20 extra bucks, buy the gi joe M.O.P.P. soldier, swap out the death star troopers clothes and you have one kick butt trooper. the M.O.P.P. soldier comes with gloves that are perfect for your improved trooper.

and i have no complaints what so ever regarding the death star droid. the only improvement would be to make it out of metal
    Last edited by derek; 10-13-2001 at 05:03 PM.

C'mon.. Luke with pink hair? David Duchovny as Han Solo? Who doesn't want these classic "dollies" to play with?? Dollies are crap. R2-A6 was pretty cool though...he'd be even cooler in the 4" line (HINT HINT hasbro...)

They're all too short and the heads are too big. R2-D2 and R5-D4 are great though.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Lightbulb

I pick up the ones that I like, lately that has not been that many. I hope they pick up with the quality and selection on the 12 inch line.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

ThomasLane, you have a point. In all fairness to Hasbro, I do like the 6 inch (12 inch scale) figures.

The only exception being the aweful EP1 Anakin!
    May the force be with you.

I dont collect the 12" line, however there are lots of guys who collect the line, i liked the Dewback and the Han Solo with Taun Taun.
    As always...........L

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    When compared with other 12" lines, including other Hasbro lines, the Star Wars stuff seems wanting...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."