Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I've just downloaded the trailer for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and it looks really good. Is it just me or is anyone else looking forward to seeing it? I haven't got round to reading the book yet, I'll wait 'till after I've seen the film so it doesn't spoil it, but I've been told it's better than the 1st.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Yea, I've seen the trialier. Looks a lot creepier. Has the mystery aspect, but it seems to involve death or worse. I too haven't read the second book. Finished the first one last week. I hate haveing movies spolied. My fiance' is a big HP fan and has read all of the books a couple of times. She bugs me every day to read the second one. I told her "I look forward to movies, not books." I'm sure I'll read the second book sometime after the movie comes out.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Haven't seen the trailer, but I've read the book. Should be really good if they hold to the story line from the book.

I'm looking forward to the new flick. But I'd say read the book 1st.

As a general rule of thumb, movies that are based on books aren't as good as the books. Read them first, because if you don't all you'll see when reading is the movie's version of the characters, creatures, etc. Having your own imagination create images and comparing those to the movie is where the real fun lies!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I'm gonna go with the opposite thinking in this case. See the movie, and then read the book. I read the 1st Harry Potter novel before seeing the movie, and ended up not enjoying myself as much as I would have. I was anticipating things I had read in the book, that needed to be dropped for time issues.

I would prefer to see the abridged movie, and then read the book to get an idea about all the stuff that was missing from the movie. And things like what goes thry charecter's mind, and what was their motivations. That's why I made sure to avoide reading the LOTR's novels so far.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Camber of Secrets looks really good. Dobby was not what I expected but the movie looks really cool. I will read the book soon.

I agree with Jar Jar. No matter what the movie is probally going to be a let down in some way compaired to the book. So, if I read HP 2 now I'd be amazed, but then when the movie comes out in Nov I'd be let down. Why would I want to do that to myself? When I can see the movie in Nov and be amazed and then read the book and be amazed again.

The book I read befor HP 1 was Tom Clancy's "Patriot Games" an amazing book. I was so hyped to see the movie, because I never had even though it's like 10 years old. Anyway, the movie sucked compaired to the book. I was so let down by the first 10 minutes of the movie that I couldn't really enjoy the rest of it. I won't be doing that again any time soon.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Yea I can't wait till it comes out.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Geonosian
    Camber of Secrets looks really good. Dobby was not what I expected
    Dobby looks like complete PANTS and he sounds awful too.

On the other hand, the rest of the movie looks to be coming along great. WB's history of PERFECT casting for the Harry Potter movies is continuing with Kenneth Branaugh as Gilderoy Lockhart. That's got me really excited.

I also love the darker tone and the fact that the actors are a little older. One of my favorite movie sites my the comment "What's next? Harry Potter and the Hair Down There? "

The only other thing I noticed about the trailer is that it was really poorly done. Usually even if the movie is crap, the studio can edit together a good trailer. This one looks like it was edited by a deaf, blind mute with no sense of timing whatsoever. Or maybe it was Chris Colombus
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by pthfnder89
    Dobby looks like complete PANTS and he sounds awful too.

On the other hand, the rest of the movie looks to be coming along great. WB's history of PERFECT casting for the Harry Potter movies is continuing with Kenneth Branaugh as Gilderoy Lockhart. That's got me really excited.

I also love the darker tone and the fact that the actors are a little older. One of my favorite movie sites my the comment "What's next? Harry Potter and the Hair Down There? "

The only other thing I noticed about the trailer is that it was really poorly done. Usually even if the movie is crap, the studio can edit together a good trailer. This one looks like it was edited by a deaf, blind mute with no sense of timing whatsoever. Or maybe it was Chris Colombus
    I don't think Dobby looks all that bad. He looks like he was described in the novel, as well as the sketch that starts that chapter. The voice isn't as high pitched as I figured it would be, thank gods.

Agreed, the casting has been excellent. Kenneth Branaugh makes an excellent Gilderoy Lockhart. I only wish they would have shown a lil more of him in the trailer. And how can you not love Alan Rickman as Snape.

Agreed again Pthfnder89, I also enjoy how the books keep getting darker and darker. As long as the movies continue to do the novels justice, the series should do well. I'm not happy with the directing change for Azkaban though. Can't wait to see how ILM does the Dementors though.

I don't think the trailer was all that bad, but I hope that they do a second trailer and that just turns out to be a teaser. It jumps around a bit to much for my tastes. It definatly isn't as good as the original film's teaser.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-24-2002 at 04:28 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.