Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

4th Star Tours Droid (DL-X2) Revealed!!

American Dream Comics has pictures of the 4th droid in the Star Tours Line. A odd looking Power Droid/Welding type of droid. So that brings the count to 4. Will they actually produce the 6 that were originally rumored? Only time will tell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dl-x2 carded front.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	2996  
    Last edited by Beast; 07-21-2002 at 03:52 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

A closer look at the droid in the bubble:

Name:	dl-x2 carded bubble close-up.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	2997  

And finally, the back of the card:

Name:	dl-x2 carded back.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	2999  

It's a security droid, it warns and then shuts down the G2 droids who aren't being productive enough since the Star Tours boarding line was diverted through their section. It's fairly hard to spot in the Disneyland version (the only one I've ever been to), it's in the lower south corner of the 2nd room in the queue (not counting that new mini-line room they added outside, what a lame idea that was!) and you have to lean over the railing to get a good look at it.

Hasbro's version is ok, but a little sloppy IMO - not sharp enough. It kinda looks like a Dalek's wimpy little brother.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Looks cool can't wait to get it!!
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I dunno, looks cobbled together to me like all the star tours droids. They look like something from a cheapo productions star wars rip off movie from the early eighties. The figures just make them look even more like that. And the plastic used to make them is the cheapest looking plastic yet. the way you get the sort of unmixed look with veins of a darker color running through. That's the cheap recycled plastic look found in black market toys that make their way to impoverished stores when they can't afford the major brands.

No, not impressed at all. These make the regular star wars line look like dynamite. bet you never thought you'd hear me say that actually saying the star wars figures are good. Well in comparison they are. These star tours figures don't look to be worth a dollar let alone whatever exorbitant sum Disney and the fan club will charge. I certainly won't be breaking my neck to try and get hold of them leaving plenty for those who will buy any old tat.

These are pointless, and they look so cheap!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I'd rather have those bird droids, the second R3 Droid, the R5 droid, or G2-9T, instead of some damn thing you can't even see! Even a frickin' Mon Calamari, or the seatbelt lady with all the hair on one side of her head, and not a trash can maintenence man!
    Oh well, at least they're making Star Tours figures . . .

this new one is a pice of junk. a little box with a thing sticking out of one side.....oy....and why are they still on POTJ cards?
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Originally posted by hango fett
    this new one is a pice of junk. a little box with a thing sticking out of one side.....oy....and why are they still on POTJ cards?
    They are still on POTJ style cards, because they were originally supposed to come out last year. I don't consider them part of the POTJ line though. Not only because that line is over, but because you notice that the "Power of the Jedi" logo is absent from the cards.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks