Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New X-Wing

New X-Wing

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet but could someone tell me if the TRU exclusive X-Wing can hold any of the astromech droids or are you limited to the R2 that comes with it?

i would assume it could hold any r2........because i think they all have the same lower body structure.
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Don't know what R2 they're using, you may be able to squeeze the R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia bodies in there (R2 w/ Leia, R2-Q5, R3-T7, R4-M9) or the Red R2 unit that came with the Royal Starship (I heard it uses a different body). Then again from the looks of the R2 the only other Droid you may be able to get in there is R2-B1. It's just kinda up in the air until someone gets it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Don't know what R2 they're using, you may be able to squeeze the R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia bodies in there (R2 w/ Leia, R2-Q5, R3-T7, R4-M9) or the Red R2 unit that came with the Royal Starship (I heard it uses a different body). Then again from the looks of the R2 the only other Droid you may be able to get in there is R2-B1. It's just kinda up in the air until someone gets it.
    Exactly, it's too hard to tell until someone can try it out in person. The hole may be big enough to hold the larger astromech bodies, or it may not be.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I have the new Xwing and that is the first thing that I tried; I placed the 'new' R2 from the Saga line, which is quite a bit bigger than the re-tooled POTF2 one that the vehicle set comes with, and it fits great;

I really do prefer this 'gutted' Xwing over the Fx-styled one because of the playability in comparison.

Will the R4-M9 and R2-B1 figures fit in as well?

I'll try it and let you know later.

sounds like a very cool x-wing. i will defintly get one!
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Yes, other astromechs do fit into the droid-socket.
    The only ones I'm not sure about (since I haven't tried them yet) are the Commtech R2 (on account of his restraining-bolt) and of course our old friend R5-D4 (mine still has all his cannons and footbrace in place so I don't know how well a "cut-down" version would fit).
    The original POTF2 R2 was a bit of a squeeze at first on account of the projection at the back of his retracting middle leg, but he fitted eventually.

How is the R2-D2 unit that comes with the X-wing -- Does he come with some cool accessories? What about the little lamp and food ration box? Does the cargo hold open on this X-wing? Is there a ladder that the figures can use? Sorry for all the questions -- but this thing sounds COOL KOOL!!!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......