Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

When U C Vader do U C Anakin??

Before Episode 2 was released whenever I seen Vader in the classic trilogy I could never see Anakin, just a mechanical human. Now after seeing AOTC and getting to know the adult Anakin, when I see Vader I see a (tortured) Anakin below all that machinery. I have a new sense of sorrow for Anakin knowing what pain he must be going through under all that machinery. Episode 2 has really changed the way I look at the original trilogy in many ways. But I don't have any sorrow for Palpatine though, thats for sure.

Never, not even when the mask was coming off at the end of ROTJ, only when the mask was all the way off and Sebastian Shaw was talking was there an "Anakin" there. That's probably why I accept what Obi-Wan says about "a point of view" so easily, he's right, Anakin doesn't exist when Vader is in the house. Eps 1 and 2 haven't changed that for me at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I couldn't have said that better myself, JT! That's exactly what I think when I see Vader.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

No I can't see it, maybe at the end of ROTJ I do a little.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'd have to disagree on that. Anakin is under all that, Luke himself sensed the conflict in Anakin in ROTJ. Anakin broke himself free when he seen his son being killed. Vader would call luke "my son". I understand what your getting at and can see it that way too. In fact thats the way I used to see it.

Man oh man I can't wait for Episode 3. It's gonna be very interesting.

I see him as Vader until the Emperor is killed. Until then he is an evil, malicious, lethal Sith...Which is why he rules. When he kills the Emperor I consider him Anakin once again. I dont feel sorry for Palpatine either. Why would I feel sorry for the most awesome (As Sidious, anyway) powerful man alive?
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

from the moment that the emperor asks "are you sure you're feelings are clear on the matter..." the conflict is there. the conflict is there on endor when luke surrenders on the landing platform. this is the way i've always seen it. ep 2 went a long way to support my feelings on the matter, but i feel that throughout ROJ he is questioning his actions on behalf of the emperor.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

When he's chasing Luke down the trench I keep thinking of the Boonta Eve podrace.

Hmmm, I haven't watched the OT since seeing AOTC, but when I see Vader choking people from now on, I still won't think of Anakin under there. Right now I remember Ani as a tormented soul, much different from the ruthless Vader. I'll have to wait to see E3 before I know how that will pan out for me.

However in the meantime, when Ben talks about Luke's father, I'll probably think of their shenanigans from AOTC . . .

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Never, not even when the mask was coming off at the end of ROTJ, only when the mask was all the way off and Sebastian Shaw was talking was there an "Anakin" there. That's probably why I accept what Obi-Wan says about "a point of view" so easily, he's right, Anakin doesn't exist when Vader is in the house. Eps 1 and 2 haven't changed that for me at all.
    What are "Eps 1 and 2"? Are those Star Wars movies?

I never saw this poster before, but just found a pic on eBay. It's kinda cool, I may have to look for it in stores . . .

Anyway, I thought it might be germaine to the discussion (and it's for stillakid's amusement - just wait'll Hayden takes that mask from his left and slips it on! ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anakinposter.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	3084