Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    maybe i can get it for my birthday since my b-day is 10/7!
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I love this movie. A lot of action and a very cool depiction of the Klingons!

This movie introduced the Bird of Prey ship to Star Trek as well, with the one that would become the HMS Bounty from ST IV.

The "odd numbered curse" is not a theory I've subscribed to (referring to any odd-numbered sequel to Star Trek being bad). Star Trek III is the best example of that - though I also think the TNG film "Insurrection" wasn't bad either. Star Trek III is by far a fun and exciting movie though.

There's nothing wrong with it and it even focuses on Starfleet Science Division, the Klingons, and finally Vulcan mysticism even.

It's a very enjoyable Star Trek film.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

New Post: because it's about a different topic: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

There's a lot of discussion on it in here, so I'd rather not start a new thread.

I just want to say that I love this movie and the story is great. I don't stand with the others who say it's that bad. My VHS copy's picture quality is remarkably poor - either it always was or it's degraded more than the other TOS Trek films I purchased in the same box set.

It reinforces my notion to buy all the Trek movies on DVD at last. I was going to skip 1 & 5, but now with my wanting 5, I see no reason why not to get the updated director's cut of 1 as well.

Anyway, I enjoy the lines and comradery of ST5. So sue me if you don't, but I'll reinforce my support for this film.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Until ST10, the odd-numbered issue I think held true, it wasn't a curse, just a lower level of quality. ST3 is the best of the odd-numbers, but it's still pretty low down the scale compared to the even-numbers. ST3 feels a little stilted, the Klingon side of the story is a bit flat, and the Genesis Planet stuff really doesn't own up to the cinematic aspect.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.