Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How did Palpy escape Jedi detection as a baby?

When most Force sensitive children are born, the jedi find them and take them away to become jedi Knights. However, Emperor palpatine, as far as I know (and there's no evidence to prove otherwise), was never a Jedi. However, he obviously has a strong sensitivity to the Force. How did he escape Jedi detection?
    C'mon, Anakin! Every time I fight a Dark Lord of the Sith on my own, I get my butt kicked! ~ Obi Wan

Well he could have been born somewhere remote like.....like..Tatooine .......hold on!!... that could make him shmi's DAD!!!!??????HOLY CR@P!!!!

Originally posted by Darth Vellner
    Well he could have been born somewhere remote like.....like..Tatooine .......hold on!!... that could make him shmi's DAD!!!!??????HOLY CR@P!!!!
    Interesting point. I doubt it though. I can't imagain a sceene with Palpy and Anakin where Palpy says

"Your mother never told you what ever happened to your grandfather, did she? Anakin I am your grandfather!"

Just doesn't have the same ring to it as what Vader told Luke in ESB.

I do think that either Palpy was born on a remote planet or he was concieved on purpose by another Sith and thus trained from birth by sith lords. This would make some since, because he is very powerful.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I think maybe Palpy was discovered by a Sith before the Jedi and trained by the Sith without the jedi knowing the Sith existed. Remember one of the Sith's secrets is patience so they were hiding away until the time was right to strike. Palpy's master probably died (by Palpy?) and Palpy took on a new apprentice (Maul).

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by Pendo
    I think maybe Palpy was discovered by a Sith before the Jedi and trained by the Sith without the jedi knowing the Sith existed. Remember one of the Sith's secrets is patience so they were hiding away until the time was right to strike. Palpy's master probably died (by Palpy?) and Palpy took on a new apprentice (Maul).

PENDO!
    True...but wasn't Palpatine born or at least from Naboo? Depending on when Naboo joined the Republic...Palpatine could have been a toddler or even a teen when that happened and thus may not have been discovered by the Jedi. For all we know he could have trained with a Sith Master on Naboo while at the same time serving as a Senator to the Republic. All will be revealed in Episode III.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Well, no one is sure where Palpy is from. You don't have to be from Naboo to be a Senator. He's actually the Senator for a couple other systems too, I think. I'm sure he lives there, but he more than likely not from there.

I would like to know who was Palpy's teacher/master.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Maybe someday we'll know. A lot of the facts about the sith arn't talked about in the movies. I know some EU has disscussed such things, but as we all know that doesn't exactly count. Perhaps we'll learn more in Episode III becasue it's about Anakins fall into darkness, but it's not as if Anakin is being recruited. He's not going away to a Big 10 school to play football. I mean, he doesn't have to know the grand history of the Sith to join. I think he'll see that he has no other choice than to join Palpy and from his point of view he's fighting for the right side. But that's a discussion for another day.

For more Palpatine info follow this link:

click here
    As always...........L

I don't think that the movies should delve too far deep into the background of the Sith, they should be kept an evil mystery.

However, he may not have been trained as a Sith, he may have just developed his own skills, leading to him using them in the wrong way, and as he worked his way up the political ranks he could have come across Sith Holocrons and used them to learn more.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008