Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I never got Transformers. They're cars that transform and fight crime. What's the fun in that?

The story was like this:

There was a planet on which all the transformes lived...(i forgot the name of the planet!! )...anyway...there were two lifeforms in those planets...the Autobots and the decepticons...these two "races" were at war, after a while the planet on which they lived exploded, (im not sure about the planet exploding) so they were sent in ships to another planet..."Earth". Now this happened several yrs. b4 actual time. After some time the robots awakened and they continued their war only this time they were on earth.

Go to Blockbuster and rent the video of the first episodes...u wont regret it!!
    Last edited by Lobito; 10-16-2001 at 12:24 PM.
    As always...........L

I thought that they went back to Cybertron later in the series. It was my understanding that the Autobots (good guys) were in hot pursuit of the outlaw Decepticons when they crashed on earth. The Decepticons wanted to rape and pillage the planet, and the Autobots vowed to protect earth from them. Both groups needed enough energy to get back home.
    ubi mel ibi apes

The Autobots and Decepticons were fighting a civil war on Cybertron. The vastly outnumbered Autobots were running out of energy to continue fighting, so they concocted a bold plan to escape their home planet in search of a world rich with resources. The Decepticons got wind and launched and interceptor ship immediately after the Autobots left in The Ark the giant command ship. In the biggest coincidence of all time, two giant asteroids collide with each other right in front of the Autobot ship, knocking it off course. They have to deplete all their energy blasting a path through the maelstrom formed by the collision. The Decepticons, who have been flying behind in the path already cleared decide this is an oppurtune time to attack and blast their way into the ship. A huge fight ensues and the Ark crashes into a volcano on a barren planet. 4 million years pass, the volcano shifts enough to activate the onboard computer Teletran-1. it sends probes out into the world and finds life has sprung up. Turns out it's Earth. It begins scanning vehicles, thinking they are the dominate lifeforms on the planet, and repairing both Autobot and Decepticon indiscrimanately. With both factions up and running, they pick up trheir long standing fued here on Earth. Eventually, Megatron and the Decepticons develop a "Spacebridge" to get back to Cybertron and at one point manage to bring the entire planet to Earth...

Thumbs up

I stand corrected. Thanks Rollo I need to acquire that first episode soon.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Originally posted by Lobito
    The story was like this:

There was a planet on which all the transformes lived...(i forgot the name of the planet!! )...anyway...there were two lifeforms in those planets...the Autobots and the decepticons...these two "races" were at war, after a while the planet on which they lived exploded, (im not sure about the planet exploding) so they were sent in ships to another planet..."Earth". Now this happened several yrs. b4 actual time. After some time the robots awakened and they continued their war only this time they were on earth.

Go to Blockbuster and rent the video of the first episodes...u wont regret it!!
    I don't know. It sounds like a cheesy rip off of Superman to me. Plus I hate japanese art..

Originally posted by master jedi
    I don't know. It sounds like a cheesy rip off of Superman to me. Plus I hate japanese art..
    Read Rollo's summary on the basic storyline. It's a lot closer to the actual TV show plot. No offense Lobito.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Buggs and the whole gang were and still is my choice. I also liked Star Blazers if anyone remembers that one.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Thumbs up

No prob BB I saw the transformers first episode almost 15 yrs. ago aprox. And Rollo's post is the way it really was. Thanks Rollo!!
    As always...........L

Thumbs up

I have to go with the 80's. I liked heman, transformers, and GIjoe. Man that brings back a lot of memories!