Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Would you agree??

If GL suddenly felt like making a new version of OT... with new actors, and new speccial effects...

I know it sounds liken but some things could be improved big time, including lightsaber fights.

BTW i don't think I would agree but just maybe if we knew for sure it's going to be good, i'd consider it.

And it would open the possibility of making another trilogy... or just one last film. WITH Luke, Han and Leia, who wouldn't look wasted on screen.

The lightsaber battles in the OT are fine. You seem to be comparing them to much to the fights in the prequels. That was a different time. All those young, well trained Jedi's that kept their skills honed daily.

Just remember that Darth Vader is a crippled old man by the time of the OT. Obi-Wan Kenobi is old and out of practice. And Luke never got as much in depth study or training with a lightsaber as the original Jedi Knights did.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah they're fine but not great. Lightsabers don't look too good, neither do blaster shots.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but still felt curious about the acceptance a new version of OT would have. And I'd like to hear the pros and cons about it...

I was thinking they might be doing that when the official site started asking questions about who you would cast as... if they were to remake the trillogy. I really hope they're not considering it!!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    The lightsaber battles in the OT are fine. You seem to be comparing them to much to the fights in the prequels. That was a different time. All those young, well trained Jedi's that kept their skills honed daily.

Just remember that Darth Vader is a crippled old man by the time of the OT. Obi-Wan Kenobi is old and out of practice. And Luke never got as much in depth study or training with a lightsaber as the original Jedi Knights did.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I'm with Jar Jar on this. I agree...when GL said in one of the making of videos for Episode I "The Prime of the Jedi"...that he wanted to show the Jedi in their Prime...and that all we had seen upto that point was an old man, a man who is part machine, and a young man (boy)...thus the lightsaber battles are going to be much more dynamic and exciting in the prequels...as they should be. The only real BEEF I have with the lightsabers in the OT is in ANH when Luke ignites and shutsoff his (seemingly white lightsaber) and the rotoscoping effect on Ben's lightsaber when he fights Darth Vader. I love the slow igniting effect of the lightsabers in ESB when Luke first meets up with Vader and all you see is the lightsabers igniting next to their silouettes in the carbon freeze chamber. Cool!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I still think the lightsaber duel in ESB is the best. So, I definitely would not want them to change that one.
    "Asteroids do not concern me, Lucas. I want those DVD's, not excuses."

Yeah Darkross i forgot about that... maybe that would be a good reason to leave the duels untouched.

The only problem I have with OT duels is the one between Vader and Ben. When Ben parries his hilt faces directly into the camera and the blade is tiny. Also, when Luke blasts the door to cut off Vader, his saber blade is white instead of red.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I'd like to a Jedi in Prime...Optimus Prime!

How come there is no Cybertronian delegation in the galactic senate? Sounds droidest to me...

I think redoing the entire OT just because you want to beef up the lightsaber battles is ludicrous.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Captain Trips
    I don't know...maybe I'm getting old, but I grew up on the OT. One of my earliest movie memories is of ANH when I was about 6-7 years old. This whole thing just sounds like blasphemy to me.
    Has the world gone mad?