Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your Best playset

What is the best vintage playset??? I only had the Ewok village, so for me that was it, i didnt count the Falcon, cuzz i put that in the ships section.

Your thoughts??
    As always...........L

That's easy. Death Star Playset. (Although the Cantina and Ewok Village were cool, too )

Im putting a list of all the places i know so u can choose from there, if i missed some just include them:

Death Star
    Ewok Village
    Cantina
    Cantina (sears exclusive)
    Land of the Jawas
    Dagobagh
    Hoth Attack base
    Hoth Rebel base
    Droid factory
    Star Destroyer (im not sure if this should be here, but i'll put it)
    Jabbas Dungeon
    Jabbas action playset (the box said it was a playset)

Those are the ones i remember, i have all the list but its back at home, so there.
    Last edited by Lobito; 09-20-2001 at 08:27 PM.
    As always...........L

Death Star Playset, no contest. I got one for Christmas when I was in 2nd grade and I loved it!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I have that land of the Jawas set and the cardboard fell apart on it right after I got it. I remember layer after layer of clear packing tape holding that thing together. And then they recycled the plastic base not once, but twice, once witha Rebel hangar backdrop and once with an AT-AT backdrop. Even when I was five years old, I knew I was getting hosed by Kenner. My mom asked me if I wanted the AT-AT version one day, and I told her no. I don't remember what I got instead, but I knew it wasn't that LOTJ rehash...

I like Death Star,Ewok Village and the Cantina because they are funky
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Exclamation

Only playset I had was the Land o' Jawas. I won it at a company picnic (yeah, I was a working slave at age 5!) for my dad, after trading a remote control race set instead. The stickers came off the escape pod quickly, because it was too water-like to keep out of the bathtub. The cardboard Crawler is long gone, several of the figure foot posts are broken (and still in Sand People or Greedo feet!), and it's really scratched up. So what! I still like it.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I liked the plastic base, too. That little cave in the corner and the divot in the sand that was the perfect size for escape pods. It's like Kenner KNEW I would have it land there...

Death Star playset... nothing more needs to be said on the subject!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Death Star playset, definitely. For the money, it was a perfect size with lots of different play areas...which is exactly why I preposed a new one for the next generation of collectors. We need this!

A close second is the Cantina. Small, yet cozy. Better as a display stand kind of thing, but seventies-cool nonetheless.