Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What next???

Question What next???

What did u started collecting after the cancellation of the SW vintage line???

For me it was MOTU (Masters od the u....), Transformers, Super Powers, Secret Wars and G.I.JOE. In that order.
    As always...........L

GI Joe, Transformers, Robotech then back to Star Wars in 1987. (all my friends were dumping their collections)
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Transformers, then after a couple years, G.I. Joe because all my friends had them and I bowed to peer pressure. Then in 1987 I started a 7 year comic book kick and amassed a collection of over 20,000 comics. Then '95 rolled around and I started in with the Star Wars again and gradually added DVDs and Movie posters and now Transformers again.

Transformers,When toys where toys
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Motorcycle parts. Posters of girls. I can't remeber buy a childrens' toy for myself between the time I stopped buying the old Star Wars figures (around 1982) and started buying the new ones again (1997).

Since I've started collecting SW again, I've also grabbed a few toys from some other lines (Simpsons, Matrix, Lord of the Rings).
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Wink Jinx! Owe me a can of Pepsi if you talk!

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Then in 1987 I started a 7 year comic book kick and amassed a collection of over 20,000 comics.
    I can almost exactly re-quote you on this one, Rollo. "Then in 1985 I started a 6 year comic book kick and amassed a collection of over 2,000 comics." I kinda collected Transformers, too, but only for 3 years or so.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Exclamation

Rollo Tomassi. There; I said your name, so you're off the hook!

p.s. I always had collections going at all times, though:

Pittsburgh sports memoribilia
    Buttons
    Pins
    Erasers
    Posters
    Ball caps
    Sports cards
    Orange juice/soda cans (over 80!)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Pins
    soda cans (over 80!)
    I guess we share the same hobbies What pins did you collect?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Exclamation

Any pins, usually sports or USA related (Olympics, VFW [Veterans of Foreign Wars, which is an organization my grandparents were in], Pittsburgh stuff, Disney, comics, etc.).

No pins of orange soda cans, though!

For me it was Super Powers (got hooked after I found the ellusive Brainiac for a friend of mine, got tired of looking at it through the bubble and opened it, then had to buy another for him). I managed to find Plastic Man in the stores but never the one I wanted most, Cyborg. I still have the better part of my collection to this day (ditched the Kirby-esque types, Mantis, Darksied, etc. and the fabricated ones, Golden Pharoh, but kept most of the line). They are proudly displayed in front of my nigh-complete collection of Pepsi Super Series glasses (Series I). Just need Green Arrow and Green Lantern! (That collection started with just the Aquaman glass from the series, found in perfect condition in my grandmother's garage.)

I also dumped far too much money into G.I. Joe and did not have the foresight to just keep it boxed up rather than ditching it a few years before the return of Star Wars to the store shelves. I also collected comics back when they were worth collecting (don't get me started), and to this day I still pick up one or two figures from all kinds of lines, but just the ones that I really love. And of course I am now hooked on The Simpsons, though like with Star Wars, I am not a completeist. Bubba Fatt just found me a Treehouse of Horror II set!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.