Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

My apologies, part 2!

Yeah. We've reached this point again...a new low. A new flame was stirred by speaking about movies.
    Several recent movies, which I had heard of but not seen, were mentioned by me. This, for some reason, prompts forumites to believe that I had actually seen the movies. Well, I'm sorry if you think I was lying.
    I'm sorry for posting in the Farscape thread...I just mentioned my thoughts on the show based on what I had seen of it.
    Jar Jar, I still don't know whether you liked me or not...although you claim you've been trying to help me out, most of your rebukes come out as insults.
    Once again, I'm sorry for unwittingly rubbing people the wrong way and hope we can all get along until the next controversy comes up.

Oh Gods, The Apology Thread 2.0 has been spawned. Quick, everyone head for the hills!! Run Away, Run Away!! Run Silent, Run Deep!!

DeadEye, seriously. If you gave some thought to what you were posting, before you hit reply, you wouldn't have so many people upset with you.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ok, everyone...step away from the thread! We don't need to start another flame war and then get another thread closed, if you don't have anything that is significant to add in a good way, then just ignore the thread. Just a quick warning beforehand...

Thank you.

Btw, DeadEye, this could be taken care of via Private Messaging, you can PM multiple people at once.
    I don't see a reason to apologize though, you expressed your opinions and mere facts that you had not seen many of those movies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I've been reading all of those posts...as for anything weird that I noticed... the discussions were WAY off the topic to welcoming MaceWindu 87 other than that....with all the smiley faces on everyone's posts, it seemed pretty light-hearted to me!

It is a bit difficult to portray one's emotions and intentions in writing, hence the common use of smiley faces to show that there is good intent...not ill-will. That seems to be the case to me in said posts mentioned above!?!?

:happy:

they're here for us.....USE 'EM
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Jonna
    Alright, just let me say that no one is out to get anyone here. We all just have different opinions and that is fine and dandy! SW, no big deal! Movies, who cares! We are not talking about any of that here, well at least I am not.

I want to say this here and now! I will probably get some flack from this , but I really don't care (this thread will be closed soon enough anyway). Movies are entertaining but they really do not amount to anything, especially life. Go out and climb a tree people. I think that the problem that has spawned this thread is the problem of clinging on to one or two things and not allowing ourselves to experience anything else with open eyes. You are not what you think you are!

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

I was climbing a tree and I was like Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh my god, I saw this thread and I was going to post then i was like WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'know, I kinda agree with Jonna. Movies and TV are pretty trivial things to get all in a tizzy about. However, unless you are just obsessed with a post count, why not stay away from threads about movies or shows you haven't seen? I don't watch Farscape, cuz I really don't like it. (Not to slight anyone who does, different strokes for.... you know the rest) So, I stay away from Farscape threads. It's as simple as that. Only post if you actually have something meaningful to add.

BTW, off topic, you're "you are not what you think you are" comment makes me think of something, Jonna. Mind PMing me as to what that's all about? You've piqued my curiosity.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It takes.....Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.......
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

hey, what da ya know it's another non apology thread. i'm sorry everyone else was mistaken...mistakes were made...i have no recollection senator....

Deadeye, I know you're a military man however there is a time to turn the other cheek - regardless of what you may have learned in basic training. People are going to respond to the posts you make. Sometimes they'll agree with what you say, other times they won't. You know that. Why then, when someone disagrees with you, do you always say that they're talking out of their butts?

It's a difference of opinion, not an attack. Your defensiveness is indicative of your real lack of confidence in what you post. Why not do as someone else said, and think - take a deep breath and think - before you post a flaming reply? Your comments are generally funny, and do add a certain ^ahem^ flavor to the discussions in the forums.

Feeling like you have to apologize for things you have said here should be a sign to you that you need to be more tolerant, and less quick to flame those who disagree with you.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008