Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

AF Battlepack repacks in SoCal Target

It's a good thing these are $6 'cause they aren't selling at any higher price. They're not terrible if you don't mind repacks, but they're really just the same-ol same-ol. IMO, the colors are a little more vibrant which I can't decide on whether it's good or not. But they're out now, read 'em and weep.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

These are gonna be selling like hot cakes when others realize there aren't pilots for the speeders.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Still nothing at the local Target, Wallyworld or Kaybee as of this afternoon. I'm getting the feeling this is going to a replay of the crappy shipping / distribution fiascos of the last few of the OT AF waves and the EP1 stuff.

If anyone sees these in a target or sees the AF ships elsewhere, and can grab two of each for me, I'd be very grateful. I may even reimburse you!

I'll check here every time before I go looking for them locally. If I do find them here, I'll post asap.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I'm planning on buying two sets so I can help out somebody else if they don't show up everywhere. I figure I can always return them if nobody needs them.

There isn't a Target for 1 hundred miles where I live !
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

I've got three Targets in my vincinity. Grif, would you like me to grab you a full set of the BPs? I'm going to be looking evey day so I'll grab a few sets if I can find them.
    Last edited by haggie; 07-26-2002 at 06:45 PM.

The localist TARGET here is exactly 17 miles away, and they suck when it comes to Star Wars. Though I'm not in a big hurry to get these BP sets, I'm sure they'll be sitting after awhile.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I found the BATTLEPACKS today, but there was only 1 set
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

no AF BPs again today at my Target...
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Unhappy I know we've been over this and over this,

but man, It REALLY sucks that they aren't making the all the AF figures like they used to. What are they thinking? This whole corporate marketing sceme of "perceived value" is so stupid. Imagine a kid getting the new "droid hunter" Battlepack and opening the escape pod, thinking, "What goes in here?" there are two very specific mounts inside for two very specific droids. That little detail (and the R2 & 3PO figures) was what turned a mediocre small ship into a really neat peice: It's so cool to see the two droids peeking out of the window. No more. Or any of the opening cockpits on the new ships. "what goes in there?" nothing. no way is this going to jump start a line that's already faltering. This really bums me out. I hate to say it but I think we're witnessing the end of a great line. Sorry for ranting and raving on a subject that's been covered extensively, but it is a source of constant irritation to me. I just can't get excited about the re-release of the old ships, and I really can't get used to the AF line without the figures.