Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chewie Death

I read this book just to read that scene - and I felt it was done in a very "Marvel Comics" way. I would not be surprised to find out the big lug had somehow gotten out of that scrape.

I think I'm going to go ahead and start a "Bring back Chewie" petition!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I read this book just to read that scene - and I felt it was done in a very "Marvel Comics" way. I would not be surprised to find out the big lug had somehow gotten out of that scrape.

I think I'm going to go ahead and start a "Bring back Chewie" petition!
    Technically, they already have. The thing about the SW EU is that now that the 6 films are done, holes in the continuity can be filled in. Tatooine Ghost was published after Vector Prime, even though the story occurred before VP, and Chewie was mentioned.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

5 years late...

If you haven't read the next chapter, Eulogy for a Friend, than you may or may not get why it was done. Essentially something had to change and make it personal for the core characters. Essentially, some one had to die for the other characters to grow. It's easiest to kill the one who's next to impossible to write dialogue for than one who actually speaks.

Plus read on into the later books in the story. Everyone points out to Han that this is the way Chewie chose to go because of the life debt he had with Solo.

I wouldn't be suprised in the next story arc, Betrayal that some major character dies yet again towards the end which would help precipitate the Galactic Alliance's downfall into the events of Legacy.

And he's not coming back into the plot (books/comics set earlier are free to use him).

"Chewy Death" would be a great name for a heavy metal band.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Or a terrible way for a cookie eater to go.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Now we will find out if the eu counts if Chewie stays dead in E7
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Interesting point. I hadn't thought of it that way.