Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Stikfas: the coolest figures ever

I just picked up a Stikfa kit today, and let me say I haven't had this much fun with a figure since..... since super-poseable spider-man, but even HE has limits- this goes beyond them.
    It's 3" tall with 14 points of articulation. and while this is a relatively low number, here's the kicker: they're ALL ball joints and they all work incredibly.
    They come with thousands of accessories, LOTS of guns, a shield, a ladder (I attached mine to the side of my moniter, so I can have him hanging off, shooting at me), etc. etc. the list goes on. And one of the coolest features is how customizeable they are. They come with this sticker sheet jam packed with belts, faces, eyes, mouths, tatoos, symbols, numbers- the whole shabang! and he comes with four different torso's to stickerfy!
    So that's great and all, but what about going a little further and mixing it up with what I think is safe to say our favorite line? Well guess what- LIGHTSABERS FIT THEIR HANDS!!! blasters too!!! So here you are with this figure that has no limits in articulation with no limits of customizeablity. And to seal it all of, guess what- they stand up. in nearly
    every

single

pose.
    unless it defies gravity, they'll do it.

Get one of these. Hell, get ten! I'm going in tomorrow for a second helping. and at $10 each, it really is a steal.

I give them a 10/10
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

I got 2 of these a while back straight from Singapore, I was their 3rd online customer. These kits are fantastic, and I've found so many great poses for 'em. My display one spent 3 months on my desk balanced on one hand in a Spider-Man leap pose.

I think these are great, and I'm glad Stikfas is getting big US distribution courtesy of Hasbro.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

$10.00 each doesn't seem like a steal. I mean star wars figures are only $5 and you can get 2 GI Joes for $7. Heck you can get spider man for $7 too. I know these things are cool, but to me the price point seems a bit to high.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

you get: one head, four torso, two fore-arms, two lower arms, two hands, one waist, four thighs, two ankles, two feet, two hats, 1 backpack, 4 pouches, 2 ammo pouches, 1 shield, 1 ladder, 1 pry bar, one magnum, one pistol, two sniper rifles, 1 shotgun, 6 automatic weapons, 84 stickers, and three post cards. Throw in the sheer ungodly coolness factor and $10 is COMPLETELY justified
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

I got 2 torsos, not 4.

Also, the packaging is rugged and has a very nice zip-lock bag to hold all this stuff. The material all the pieces are made out of is top-notch, it's just rough enough to give the joints friction to hold poses and hold any paint you want, and it's solid-through so you can carve into it any shape you want. One of the Stikfas pics was an Alpha Male that was reshaped into a girl!

IMO, this is a great toy and I'm glad I have it. I know it's not for everybody, but IMO it's fantastic.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen 'em in magazies. They're funny lookin' but look cool!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

It's been a while since anyone posted to this thread, but I don't want to start another.

I've got two of the Stikfas Alpha Male military figures in black. I didn't do much customizing, except where stickers are involved. I have one set up with a sniper rifle, or at least the gun that most qualifies as a sniper rifle, the scoped gun not based on the Steyr AUG. I took on of the sets of eyes and cut one off, so he looks like he's looking down the scope with his other eye closed. The second figure is holding the weapon closest to an M-16 and acting as his spotter, though I wish I had a spotter scope.

I also just purchased the Alpha Male Samurai. I've got my problems with this one, though they don't prevent me from wanting to get a few of them. I'm extremely unhappy with the "red" of the armor, and I put that in quotations, because it is a really sickly red. I plan to paint away that nasty pallor, though, so that's fine (I just bought some more paint tonight). A great problem I have is that the swords don't stay on the belt very well, because the armor gets in the way, knocking them off in many poses. A very small problem is that I wish the banner were larger, because I'd prefer to paint my own kanji symbols on them, which I suppose I still could do, but they would be enormously thin. That all said, I really do like this particular figure. It would be awesome to make opposing samurai for little battle scenes, though having a Stikfas samurai screams for a Stikfas figure of their notorious enemies: the ninja.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming "Warrior Monk," which uses the second generation Stikfas body for even more articulation . . . in fact for insane amounts of articulation. I liked Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and these figures have all the weapons and poseablity to make scenes like that movie. I'm also looking forward to the Omega Multi Camo figure. It's gattling gun is hugely friggin' awesome.

These really are great toys.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I got one at Wizard World a little over a year ago when I filled out a survey. It was just the basic figure, no weapons or accesories, but it was free. After seeing how much fun my son was having with it, I bought on for myself. I had hoped they would come out with some Star Wars characters staying with the Stikfa's ball joints, but with Luke and Han with the face stickers that would be awesome! I also like the customized figures I see on display, very nice! I haven't taken to customizing mine just yet. I'm supposed to get another figure free with an order I placed with EE.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Is everyone else noticing these disappearing from TRU's? The one closest to me has nothing but a few Omega Knights back with the clearance action figures(although they are still at full price), and the next closest one (the only TRU I ever saw the Delta Boy Extreme at) has nothing but a bunch of firefighters on a few pegs in one corner. Does anyone know if TRU has given up on these? It's the only place I've seen them locally.
    Who's scruffy-lookin'?

My Collection

I also have the Samurai and the dark salmon color of the armor is pretty disappointing, though I'm totally used to it now. I totally get what is being said about the armor pushing the swords off the belt. The sandals kinda kill this figure's great balance, but I am a sucker so I keep 'em on. I found some great poses for mine so I haven't played with it in a while, but ultimately I think this is a great addition to the line.

I can't wait to see the next stuff, I'm only sorry TRU doesn't seem interested in the robot that's out now. My TRUs had these things fly off the shelves pretty fast when they got 'em, except for those tan militarys and the firefighters. I would think with sales that good, TRU would want more, but TRU seems to be run by chimps.