Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Gearing up for the next waves or clearing the pegs for good?

I just stopped at my local K-Mart about 20 minutes ago. I walked back to the toys only to discover that there were NO Blue card figures on the pegs. They had a few role play items, card games, the unleashed figures and the nexu deluxe wave. The only figures they had left there were the Ketwol wave POTJ figures!

I could hardly believe my eyes! I have seen sparsely stocked pegs in order to reduce their inventory, but this was just amazing! Has anyone seen this occurance at any of their local retailers? I'm hoping they are just waiting for the next waves to hit the pegs! Yow!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

K'Mart had their big sale, last week wasn't it? And maybe their stock got depleted.

In my area, every store has pegs upon pegs of figures hangin'. Nothing too new, like the Anakin Tat. Attack, but figures O'plenty nontheless.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

sounds like my k mart wait that about how the stock level always look at my k mart nerve how many figrue expect after april when then new line came out heck when it comes to my collection have only bought three figrues there.

Re: Gearing up for the next waves or clearing the pegs for good?

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I just stopped at my local K-Mart about 20 minutes ago. I walked back to the toys only to discover that there were NO Blue card figures on the pegs. They had a few role play items, card games, the unleashed figures and the nexu deluxe wave. The only figures they had left there were the Ketwol wave POTJ figures!

I could hardly believe my eyes! I have seen sparsely stocked pegs in order to reduce their inventory, but this was just amazing! Has anyone seen this occurance at any of their local retailers? I'm hoping they are just waiting for the next waves to hit the pegs! Yow!
    I don't use KMart as a yardstick to measure the overall availability of SW figures. Mine didn't have jack squat since April until this week's sale for some weird reason. Target and Wal-Mart seem to be getting the lion's share of new figures so unless you only have KMart in your area I wouldn't worry.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Re: Re: Gearing up for the next waves or clearing the pegs for good?

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

I don't use KMart as a yardstick to measure the overall availability of SW figures. Mine didn't have jack squat since April until this week's sale for some weird reason. Target and Wal-Mart seem to be getting the lion's share of new figures so unless you only have KMart in your area I wouldn't worry.
    Plus, with the finacial(sp) woes that K-Mart is experiancing, they are not receiving as much product as everyone else. That, plus the sale let to a barren wasteland in K-Mart's aisle.

Heck, even my WM is getting low!!! Since we price matched on the K-Mart sale, we got hit hard as well, b/c we had all the new stuff. But i don't think that the recent empty pegs in any sign of a pull out so to speak
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

My local Wally-Mart was doing rather well on selling Saga figs, even those pesky earlier peg cloggers such as Kit Fisto, C-3PO.

But this week they innundated the pegs with gobs of the Han Solo Endor Raid Wave plus the Djas Wave. And I mean innundated. They never had an endcap of SW stuff until this week. Over the weekend they put out a bunch of the wave. I went Monday with my K-mart ad in hand and hoped to pick up a Chewbacca and some army builders (battle droids, clone troopers). Instead they had tons of the Solo wave minus Chewied (no surprise). I settled on a Djas, Dex, and Massif.

When I went today they put out even more of the Djas and Solo waves. They had tons of Chewies too but I couldn't afford to get one even though I really wanted to open one (damn Luke X-wing's financial constraint). Where was he Monday when I had my K-mart ad?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Like I said somewhere in an eariler post, when WM gets figs in, it looks like someone puked them all over the toy dept. The thing is that they(WM) does not like to have a lot of stuff in the backroom, and if they know something will sell well, they will put as much as possible out to get rid of it. Hence the "Puking" effect
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

disgusting this puking effect is, but better then releasing them one case a day, then we'd (we being the comman customer) never see the figures (ala Yoder).
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

What sale at K Mart?
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

$3.99/each on the 3 3/4 figures
    I forgot all about it and after I hit walmart in a couple minutes, Im gonna check to see if it's still on