Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doll Stands

Hybrid View

Will they make 12" figures which are easy to stand up?

Unfortunatley, I've noticed thet the episode II 12" figures have been a little hard to keep them standing up. I cant even get Jango to stand up and I have to lean him agaist the wall to make it look like he's standing up. Will Hasbro make these 12" figures easier to stand up?
    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge."

Darh Maul-Episode 1

Two words, ... Doll stands.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

From what i hear , the new design is going to be the gi joe type, which should mean they should be eaier to use and stand to answer your question nlike the previous post... (not what u should use to make them stand easier)

Question 12" Figure Stands

We all have those 12" figures that love to take a dive off the shelf. My Red Clonetrooper is my most recent addition to the Jumper Club. I've been looking for a stand to keep these guys upright and allow for some better posing. I've tried the doll stand that grips the figures around the waste but with no luck. The 12" figure waist is too low causing the stand's clamp to lift the figure off it's feet. Figures with armor or belts are too bulky to use this type of stand in my experience.

What is a good stand for these guys? I've seen the version that grips a figures leg around the calf. If anyone has one of those, does it work pretty good? Can they be used on figures with armor such as the stormtrooper? Are there any other types available for the 12"? I would love to free some of my "leaners" from the back of the shelf and let them stand tall with out fear of them diving for the floor.

i've got "doll"stands from michael's that work very well. never had one dive while using one.

there are "Y" stands that work well. they can be purchased from a company called www.elitebrigade.com

edit:

i just checked their site, and they are sold out, but more are on order.
    Last edited by derek; 07-03-2002 at 02:46 PM.

Try here for some good info. The Intoyz stand got some good marks in several reviews. I don't own any personally as their a little pricey, but I may pick up a couple when I start my new displays...

Stand in the place that you are...

Thanks, that answered my questions. I agree that they are a bit pricey but I'll take the hit. Anything to stop the shelf divers from littering the floor each morning.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I bought a few of the Action Stands, and I've been using them for a few months. http://www.intoyz.com/xtras-actionstand.htm They're not bad, but they get a mixed review from me.

It can be a pain in the *** to get them positioned where you want them. They have four points of articulation (Hey, an accessory with articulation! ), three of which you tighten with screw knobs. The height is adjustable, and each stand comes with a short and long post to make the height further variable. The clamp that holds the figures calf is spring loaded. You can't set it where you want it; you just slip it on, and it grips the figure. It also has a support piece the fig's leg rests against. The clamp is on a rotatable joint. All the joints make them pretty manuverable. You can spend a good while farting around trying to find the perfect pose for an action oriented character.

And that's what they're made for; action poses. They're pretty much designed to be placed on that one leg, and the base isn't wide enough for a static standing pose. Not with both feet on the base, anyhow. Rotating the bottom post to just the right angle, I was barely able to fit both of Bossk's feet on the base. I've had him on it for a while, and like it pretty well.

Bossk, though, is a character with accessories on his ankles. It's pretty tough finding the right place for the clamp on him. These things were made with 12" human soldiers in mind. They're not gonna fit all aliens, robots and characters with bulky accessories on the legs. It was a pain trying to get around Jango's shin armor. The stand is actually working out pretty well for him, though. I've got him in a cool action pose with his guns drawn. He's taken one header already, but that's because he's on my desk and I tend to pump my leg in front of me like someone on a crack IV. So keep them on something steady! He's also top-heavy with the jet pack on...

Another problem I've encountered is stripped screws. But I only have one so far that's stripped, and think it was defective when I bought it.

So the bottom line is these are not the end of your 12" stand shopping, but they are a good alternative to the traditional doll stand. I would recommend trying one.

Thanks, I think I'll pick up a couple and give them a test run before I commit to getting anymore. I have the first 6 Monty Python knights who are totally impossible to stand on their own. These stands sound like a fix for these type of figures even if the SW ones are to bulky.

Thanks for the testamonial vadersfist! Anyone else got one?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Doll Stands

I was just wondering what eveyone uses to display thier 12 inch action figures? I was going to use doll stands. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and they had some but they were almost $3 a piece. I would like to find a place a could buy them online in bulk for less than $1.50 each.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Do or Do Not there is no Try.