Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

What other He-Man characters deserve new figures?

So far we have:

He-Man (X3)
    Skeletor (X2)
    Battle Cat
    Panthor
    Man At Arms
    Stratos
    Teela
    Orko
    Mekanek
    Ram Man
    Beast Man
    Mer Man
    Whiplash
    Triclops
    Trap Jaw

Who else do you want Mattel and the Four Horsemen to tackle?

First, Evil Lyn! We can't forget her! Nor can we leave out Sorceress.

Hordak would look pretty wicked done in the new style, as would Cobra Khan. Ninjor, Jitsu, and Blade might be sweet, too, and the Four Horsemen might even be able to pull off Man-E-Faces.

And for my weird idea, Faker. He was supposed to be an imperfect evil duplicate of He-Man. So do him not as an exact duplicate only in blue, but as a completely warped version of He-Man. I'm talking claws, protruding veins, five o'clock shadow, broken sword, slightly disproportionate body, sharp teeth, crazed expression, wild hair, maybe even a touch of drool.

Who else?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's been so long, I really can't remember a lot of characters. The few I did remember, you already tackled, El Chuxter.
    The only other that I can think of, has been a constant "joke" with Toyfare magazine. They keep saying stuff along the lines: "What if Fisto from He-Man was in Star Wars instead of Kit Fisto?" So, I'd have to go with Fisto.
    This is my childhood here (the 80's), so I'd want to see just about everything re-made. The only figure I don't have from the current releases (not counting the Deluxe) is Mer-Man. My Wally World sold out of them, and now they don't even have a place for them. As soon as I get some more money, I will have to hunt down a Battle Cat and Panthor and the Deluxe (just for the heck of it).

Oh, oh, wait, I just thought of something typing this! How about Stinkor?! We need him remade! And I'd really like to see how they'd do the stench this time. Yep. I want a Stinkor.

Let's do it!

End....
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Stinkor would be cool. I'm only chiming in cause I remember that figure so well. Him and the snake guy that you could put water in, was it King Hiss? Both those need to be made. They were 2 of my favorite figures. A scale Orko would be nice as well, instead of the giant one that the old series had.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Kobra Khan was the squirting figure JJB. Also there already is a newly scaled Orko, here's a pic

http://www.he-man.org/toys/orko_new_press.shtml

With new figures the ones I really want to see made are: She-Ra and Hordak. I think most other figures will be revisited at some point.

Based on some educated speculation I think we can expect to see in the future: Clawful, Prince Adam, King Randor, The Sorceress, Evil-Lyn, Buzz Off, Keldor (Skeletor's original identity) and possibly Queen Marlena.
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

I want a new Snake Mountain as well. I picked up some new figs today, and they f'n rock.

Stinkor would be cool, and I like that Idea for Faker. Other cool ones would be Prince Adam and his parents. Clawful and Zodak would be cool too.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
    Kobra Khan was the squirting figure JJB. Also there already is a newly scaled Orko, here's a pic

http://www.he-man.org/toys/orko_new_press.shtml

With new figures the ones I really want to see made are: She-Ra and Hordak. I think most other figures will be revisited at some point.

Based on some educated speculation I think we can expect to see in the future: Clawful, Prince Adam, King Randor, The Sorceress, Evil-Lyn, Buzz Off, Keldor (Skeletor's original identity) and possibly Queen Marlena.
    Thanks Darth Nihilus, I forgot what the name of the figure was. Good lord, why are they making Orko so huge? He never was that tall in the cartoon series. I think they need to scale him down a little more.

Keldor was Skeletor's original identity? I don't recall that at all, I don't remember it from any of the cartoons. Was it in one of the pack in comics with the figures, or somthing? Care to enlighten me, exactly who the heck is Keldor?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Moss Man! One of my favorites, I'd love to have this master of camouflage redone. A lot of the ones mentioned above are pretty good choices, but I gotta go with Moss Man. Oh, and Leech, any figure with suction cups is good in my book.

Funny, but NEVER have I EVER wanted a resculpted Orko... ok, that's not entirely true, I wanted an Orko w/ removable hat and underneath is a head similar to Hamburger-head Spawn. (wasn't that a ToyFare gag?)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Stinkor, Fisto, Spikor would all be great, as well as Clawful and Moss Man.

How about Cyclone? Only without the goofy thing on his chest . . .

Those rock guys, the transforming rocks - what were they called? Okay, I don't really want to see them on the pegs, but I want to know their names.

Trap Jaw was my fave as a kid, I LOVED rigging a string and flying him down thru that little hitch on his helmet.
    Imagine my heartbreak when it broke.

Blade (?) from the movie would be cool, I say that seriously because Mattell did do a few movie figures . . . may as well incorporate a few into the new line - but not Billy Barty's character.

Maybe He-Ro ? Wasn't he one of the rarest vintage figs?

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Keldor was Skeletor's original identity? I don't recall that at all, I don't remember it from any of the cartoons. Was it in one of the pack in comics with the figures, or somthing? Care to enlighten me, exactly who the heck is Keldor?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Skeletor formerly being called Keldor was hinted at in a pack in comic called 'The Search for Keldor'. It starts off with King Randor saying he wanted to find his missing brother (Keldor). Skeletor, watching through a crystal ball says that they must never discover the truth to Keldor or it could destroy him.

That was the only hint given at the time. Though a staff writer on those mini's did say that's where they wanted to go at the time, unfortunately that's around the same time they cancelled the original toyline and it was never further explored.

However, according to the original cartoon series 'bible', Skeletor was supposed to be a demon from another dimension with no specific origin. This highlighted a problem with MOTU, there was never a specific canon to follow. The DC/Star/Marvel comics contradicted each other, the cartoon contradicted the comics and at times its own 'bible'.

But in the new series it has been confirmed by Michael Young Production (the creators of the new show) that Skeletor will be revealed as Keldor. What has not been said is whether or not Keldor will be Adam's/He-Man's uncle as they were originally intending to write.

A lot of people have cried foul over the Star Wars inspired familial treachery device, but I like it a hell of a lot more than 'nameless demon from another dimension who is evil for evil's sake'.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Funny, but NEVER have I EVER wanted a resculpted Orko... ok, that's not entirely true, I wanted an Orko w/ removable hat and underneath is a head similar to Hamburger-head Spawn. (wasn't that a ToyFare gag?)
    Fear and Loathing in Eternia - Toyfare #46 2001. That was hilarious. X-Entertainment also has some really good MOTU satire on its site.

Maybe He-Ro ? Wasn't he one of the rarest vintage figs?
    That's an understatement considering he never actually got made. Around 87/88 Mattel planned to introduce a spin off toyline called "The Powers of Grayskull". It was supposed to center around the adventures of He-Ro and his mentor Eldor. Some dinosaur vehicles were released but that's as far as it got before Mattel cancelled the MOTU line altogether. Oh yeah, the premise was that it took place in Pre-Eternia, before He-Man.

Those rock guys, the transforming rocks - what were they called? Okay, I don't really want to see them on the pegs, but I want to know their names
    Rokkon and Stonedar. After seeing what the 4HM have achieved so far they can remake any character they like as far as I'm concerned.

Trap Jaw was my fave as a kid, I LOVED rigging a string and flying him down thru that little hitch on his helmet.
    Don't know if you've seen this or not. http://www.he-man.org/toys/trapjaw_new_front.shtml

Moss Man! One of my favorites, I'd love to have this master of camouflage redone
    That's a strong possibility. One pattern the redesigns have followed is that most of the re-releases have already been made. He-Man (duh), Skeletor (duh), Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops, Beastman, Merman, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Stratos and Whiplash have been redone. Also Evil-Lyn is in the new toon, as is Buzz-Off (there's an episode titled Buzz Off's Pride), Prince Adam and Clawful. The only ones we haven't seen so far are - Faker and Zodac. This is relevant as Moss-Man was the exclusive in the 2nd 5-pack, so I think his reappearance is almost a given.

Whew
    Last edited by Darth Nihilus; 07-27-2002 at 10:19 AM.