Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WOW 1.99!?! I wish I was alive back then.
    Even though I changed my icon, I am still the same OneArmedJango.

Lightbulb

You wouldn't have liked it back then. Hardly anyone carried guns so no one felt safe and secure, people showed respect so obviously they were weak, and kids didn't cuss as much so they weren't as grown-up and mature as they are now.

These are the sarcastic ravings of a bitter, nostalgic person growing older and more disillusioned daily...
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Originally posted by OneArmedJango
    WOW 1.99!?! I wish I was alive back then.
    Don't forget that minimum wage was a buck ninety-nine back then, too.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

How much did Vintage figures cost?

I wasnt alive in the vintage days, but I did manage to pick a few up. But thats beside the point. I was wondering, how much did they cost back then? Just wondering.

EDIT- Oops...sorry about that...I will look a bit longer next time. Someone can delete this post now, I dont mind losing one post.
    Last edited by Darth Sidious; 07-26-2002 at 10:17 PM.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

The cheapest I ever got them was for $0.89 at Bi-Mart...they were always WAY cheaper there than at TRU.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    These are the sarcastic ravings of a bitter, nostalgic person growing older and more disillusioned daily...
    Omigosh BCJ - can I just say...I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! I'm parallel with you my friend....PAR - A - LLEL!!!!!

If I got three wishes, I'd wish I was a kid again! I'll give the other two away to whomever wants them
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Question

Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    The cheapest I ever got them was for $0.89 at Bi-Mart...they were always WAY cheaper there than at TRU.
    Bi-Mart? Is this another term for K-Mart? Wal*Mart? A regional store? The four best names of regional stores I've been to: Winn Dixie, or Fisher Big Wheel (Ohio); and Zody's, or Gemco (So. California). I still have a small wire notebook with a Zody's price tag. Zody's... hee hee.

Yea I remember like $2.99 and remember that being real expensive for my poor farming folks(80s). My best friend's dad worked at John Deere made extremely good money, he got practically every single figure for SW, I barely had any, well my dad's spiritual beliefs were part to blame for that. But I am glad that alot of things happened the way they did though. Because my friend was spoiled so, he is 27 1/2 and is just now starting to move out. He is so fat he can hardly walk. He weighs about 400 pounds and is 5' 6". The only reason he is starting to move out is because his sister decided to. Because now the pressure is on him. I will be 28 in a few days, I am no hunk by no means, I weigh about 100+ pounds less I have been out on my own since October of '95. So all and all, it may have seemed trecherous when I was a kid to live like I did, but it gave me the taste of the real world and to prepare. So if your one who was mad that your folks didn't spoil you but you have good work ethic now, thank your folks.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by scruffziller
    So if your one who was mad that your folks didn't spoil you but you have good work ethic now, thank your folks.
    I can't say that I was mad that my parents didn't spoil me because I always knew that they were trying to teach me something important. But I hear you!

So far no one has talked about the highest prices they've seen for vintage. I remember Jewel (Chicago based supermarket) used to charge $3.99 during ROTJ and that was the most I've seen vintage guys go for. I thought that was so expensive. If only I knew then what I know now.
    I loved those vintage clearances that stores used to have. I got Rancor at Service Merchandise for $2, C-3PO collector's case at KB for $2, those ROTJ KB 2packs for $2, AT-ST driver, weequay, klaatu (both types), nikto, teebo, imperial commander, pruneface, chief chirpa, etc. all for $0.99. I love those figures much more than their potf2 counterparts which don't have softgoods, simple poses, excellent yet simple packaging, etc. Vintage will always be my favorite, but Hasbro came close with some POTJ figs.
    Piett

Unhappy

Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
    So far no one has talked about the highest prices they've seen for vintage. I remember Jewel (Chicago based supermarket) used to charge $3.99 during ROTJ and that was the most I've seen vintage guys go for. I thought that was so expensive. If only I knew then what I know now.
    I have mentioned that once a long time ago. I saw some POTF figures for $4.99 (what?!? ) at Thrify Drugs (now called RiteAid). I bought Lando General there, but passed on the rest.