Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Star Wars Names You Hate

What names do you hate in Star Wars, I personally hate names that are just taken from the acters name such as John D and Wicket W. Warwick. I also hate names like Elan Sleazbaggano which is sooooooooooo obviously meant to be Sleazbag. I'm also not too keen on Coleman Trebor because Coleman origionates from someone that works in a coal mine, for those that don't know Trebor is Robert spelled backwards, Robert Coleman. If they'd have called him Nameloc Trebor (Nam-El-Lock Tre-Bor) then it would have sounded way better.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

The name I HATE, basically because it is so annoying to type, is the name of the six breasted dancer - Yarna D'al Gargan. I suppose it'd be alright if I just called her Gargan, but you know me I have to use full names .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Let's see...Dooku, Yareel Poof, Dexter Jettster, Yaddle...all of those strike me as corny and lame. That Sleazobaggano thing or whatever is rather stupid-sounding, too. I also disliked "Panaka", and "Tyrannus" isn't so hot either if you ask me. Thankfully though Lucas didn't call the character "Darth Rage" or "Darth Hate" or any of the other idiotic names that lots of fansites were reporting back before AOTC came out.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

I hate Jek Porkins. Jek sounds like someone coughing up a phlegmball and Porkins is so derogatory.

I hate all of the names thought up in the EU and all of the names that Lucas' kids have contributed to the saga.

Does Jorg Sacul count?
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

Sly Moore. Sounds like another regular actor's name.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'm not big on Jek Porkins either. I mean, come on....
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

How about Bubba Fat-guy?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

He might as well be named Lards Fata-ss
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I only dislike names that are all too obvious as jokes:
    Porkins
    Elan Sleazbaggano
    Bib for Tuna
    Mon Calimari
    Admiral Snackbar
    Mom Mothman
    Amana Man
    4-LOM
    and pretty much anything from EU

Tyranus is cool, mainly because it is a take off of the Celtic god, Taranus. Dooku is Japanese for 'poison' so that one is cool, too.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis