Page 100 of 168 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1680
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    Blue2th :
    Damn, the super-macro on my camera sees it as a major flaw. I advise not removing the STUPID phaser-torpedo effect. Looks like I'll be opening another. This one might sustain major battle-damage, like crushed under a giant foot!

Thanks for the pic, Blue...
    Doesn't look that bad to me... better that way than with the SP-TE hangin' out of it. A bit of model putty or globby superglue and a dab of paint might help, I'd think. Then again, there's always your Bambi Versus Godzilla approach...

I might try using a dremel tool to cleanly cut it off, rather than tearing it out, though. I can't stand the freakin' thing... idiotic idea... radical surgery is definitely required, IMO. Why did JL do it? It doesn't match any other ship in the series.

I've got a little box full of stupid brightly coloured torpedoes from assorted ships... they will be joined in the box by their new amputee SP-TE friend.

Does the Defiant look like crap without the STUPID blue phaser effect (SBPE) attached? At least it's removable, (somewhat) in scale, and it's not shooting through the bottom of the saucer section.

The Defiant's phaser comes right out, and is not glued in. Silly me I thought the 1701-A was the same, WRONG!
    I think with a magnifying glass and a little Chinese micro toy painting know-how I might be able to do a paint repair.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

My figures came today: Kirk, double-cross Kirk, Terrel, Khan.

I like the double-cross Kirk the best.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Nice job. Here's what's new there:

"Evasive: Starboard!" and the battle sounds that go with it.

"For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

What kills me is that last line really demands to be with the previous line in the regular ship, "From hell's heart, I stab at thee." Those 2 intrinsically go together, even if they are taken from a longer passage in Moby Dick.
    You can even hear the torpedo bay cadets who are on fire.

JL wave 4

I finally got my set this week... I'm quite impressed with them... the aztec-ing on the hulls is great. JL's paintjobs are unbelievably detailed, if not always correct.

The 1701-A was involved in a freakish mishap... that SP-TE came right the frack off during an ion storm. Nice job, though.

Luckily, my Voyager doesn't suffer from nacelle erectile dysfunction but the landing struts are a little underwhelming.

The Marmalade Majestic is now being phasered by the Defiant on my shelf... they line up nicely. Shame about the font on the Defiant, though... bad like Furuta's Enterprise A.

The Nacho Enterprise looks ok if they're separated... the stardrive's pretty kewl and the cheesy part isn't quite as bad as it looked in the pic. My Romando Enterprise E's also in sep mode so it works for me.

The Borg Cube/Sphere is good but I wish they'd chosen another colour for this wave. How about a Tactical Sphere instead? The WL borg cube went for $79 US on eBay... just nutz.

I think JL does put a lot of thought into these ships... they're quite well-made if not heavy on actual diecast metal.

BTW, I saw the new BSG "Razor" episode at a friend's place last night... great! Ensign Ro/Admiral Cain blows her first officer's head off... now why didn't Riker, Kira, and Chakotay meet the same fate?
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

How did you get the SP-TE off the 1701-A without breaking it DT?

How did you watch the Battlestar Razor? I thought it doesn't debut for a couple of weeks?

Question, questions.

Jl & Bsg

Blue2th, I just held the end of the SP-TE tightly and slowly corkscrewed the 1701-A back and forth and it came off clean... left the tiniest microscopic hole. Looks great without the whale penis attached... I'm leaving it as-is and won't bother to touch it up, methinks.

BSG Razor was leaked onto Bittorrent about 10 days ago, apparently... it's an 87 minute screening copy of the full episode that'll be broadcast on the 24th... decent quality, too. It has no station logos or bumpers but has all of the opening flashbacks, titles, and end credits. That's all I know... but it looked fine on my friend's jumbotron tv.

My friend got it from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from Bittorrent. I saw a DVD copy at my friend's place, who didn't tell me what we were going to watch beforehand... a very nice surprise for me. Whoo-hoo!

You should be able to find it on many file-sharing sites... the real McCoy is out there. You're in for a few surprises, especially if you're a fan of the original 70's show.

Plus, Cain makes Picard and Adama look like pansy-arsed boy scouts... No "Suggestions, Number One?" from her... good times. The Vader School of Management.

There's also an extended version of the episode which will be released on DVD on the 4th of December that runs 101 minutes. I'll be buying it.

Apparently, the extra material focuses on the first Cylon War, young Bill Adama in a viper (mk II?), and some horrific moments in Cain's childhood. Some more extra stuff is already on SciFi's website as mini-episodes cut into 2 minute chunks, apparently. Most of this stuff is not in the 87 minute version that I saw, I think.

I'm dying to say more but I don't want to cough up spoilers for anyone... Cain's execution of her first officer was already talked about on the show. I will say no more.

It's such a frack-off that the show doesn't resume until April and we don't know whether we're getting 10 or 20 episodes next year. They may drag it out to 2 years.

The effects and ships look top-notch... feature film quality. I can live with 2 years if the rest of the episodes will be this good.

It bodes well for the Star Wars live-action tv show, if this kind of quality can be created on a tv budget.

Outstanding science fiction.

Well maybe I will try to open another one and see what happens. Though i think I will wait till I find one on the pegs. Nobody has seen hide nor hair of the JL Star Treks around here except for mail order.

Cain (Ensign Roe was it?) is a bad-a**! I'm glad we get to see more of her story and the Pegasus. I want to see Cain make those black and white tough ruthless decisions a military leader sometimes has to make.

I saw the previews on TV and caught a glimps of a vintage Cylon Raider.

I love BSG, and even sat in the audience last year at Comic-con for their Q&A. Of course that's all old news now.

I'm going to wait for the 24th, and will definitely buy that DVD. I have all of the previous season sets.
    I also have all the Titaniums, even the Ultra BSG, and the Centurion.

They can drag this thing out as long as they want, as long as they keep it alive.
    Maybe they will make a movie to end it like Firefly. That would be choice.

Rick McCallum said the live-action Star Wars TV series would be more grittier "like Battlestar Galactica" so it's good that the series has been noticed by the Lucasfilm boys.

There's a BSG thread around here somewhere, but it's been kinda dormant.
    Probably get a little life back in it after the 24th.

Cain is played by Michelle Forbes who yes played Ensign Ro in TNG.

JL WL and Battlestar

Saw a WL Voyager from the new set on eBay, and a closeup of the sphere from the WL Borg cube which went for $79 on eBay. The WL Voyager looks armoured, almost.

I've got all the BSG Titaniums and Ultra BSG (except the Cylon figure- I don't do figures but I'd buy that one) too... looking forward to the Titanium classic BSG the wave after next. They're all great. Would love an Ultra Pegasus.

Didn't get to go to Comicon but I got the Titanium set from it... my CC Mk II viper has no red stripe on part of one wing... variant/error I guess.

Got the Konami BSG set and a painted resin Ultra-sized classic BSG too. Working on the rag-tag fleet, though.

Here's a pic of the new $100+ Viper coming out next year. Looks great... a little larger than Action Fleet... horrible price though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3073s.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	16290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3074s.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	16291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BSG_MarkIIviper.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	16292  

My Deep Space Nine figures arrived yesterday. They're in my apartment complex office and I'll update everyone when I go and pick them up.

Whoo-hoo! DS9 rocks!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.