Page 102 of 168 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1674
    The Defiant is my favorite ship in Trek!

What I would have done is copied the Hasbro Millennium Falcon.

Make the Defiant for the Playmates 5 3/4" figures (basic carded size the largest portion of the collection is scaled to - just like that Enterprise D bridge playset you were discussing).

Have the top of the toy vehicle come off - just like the back of Hasbro's Falcon - and have the interior be the bridge of the Defiant. If there's room, a back part of the ship could be engineering or a shuttle bay with a underscale 1-figure fitting shuttle pod that "launches." But at least you get the Defiant's bridge inside the toy that matches the exterior.

Maybe "EU" the ship a little and offer seatbelts like the Orinoco toy had so that you can "fly" the Defiant upside down in battle and not dump the crew out all over the place.

Then make a Jem Hadar fighter ship!

Thank you for seeing how worthwhile is DS9. The DOMINION WAR will never be forgotten.

Screw Berman. DS9 was all Ira Steven Behr as the Executive Producer almost independently in charge. The man is a genius! He was with DS9 from the start pretty much, but he got control by 3rd season and you can see the difference it made.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This reminds me of when NBC bid on ST:Enterprise before it debuted. Playmates as a company hasn't really grown with the rest of the industry, their sculpting hasn't advanced the way the other lines have, and you'll notice they have just 1 line in the aisles these days (TMNT).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes, but when I look at those figures, I can actually tell they are supposed to be turtles.

Perhaps they'd be good at making one ST:TNG alien from the outset: the Shell-i-ack.

I am so funny. Really. I am.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This reminds me of when NBC bid on ST:Enterprise before it debuted. Playmates as a company hasn't really grown with the rest of the industry, their sculpting hasn't advanced the way the other lines have, and you'll notice they have just 1 line in the aisles these days (TMNT).
    They were getting better with the last few figures they made for Star Trek. The Target Seven of Nine was an outstanding likeness. Lacking alot of articulation, but who cares? Their 12" figures were better done than Hasbro's. (I still don't have that 12" Angelina Joley Tomb Raider figure I wanted by Playmates)
    Of course nobody even now can match Hasbro's articulation. Though I think their sculpting sometimes suffers because of articulation. Some of the heads from POTF2 and Ep 1 look better than the compromised ball-jointed ones of today.

Playmates used to do the Simpsons, but lost that to McFarlane.
    I'd like to see them do well. They seemed to have suffered a few setbacks and losses of toy rights to other toy companies. But they do have potential to be great again.

In ArtAsylum's forums I saw all the new Trek figures for the older franchises.

* There are 3 Borg figures: the Queen, Seven of Nine, and some male, human Borg. (I don't think it was Hugh). The Queen has that removeable head and shoulders with the metallic spine thing going on.

It's all kind of cool, but I don't really want these. I have the original 3 alien Borgs and that suffices.

* The WOK wave is just awesome: Kirk in Away Team coat, Spock, Uhura, and Saavik.

These are essential figures I can't wait to get!

* 6 new Deep Space Nine figures...

Kira in SF uniform - nice!
    General Martok - finally! I've long wanted a figure of the general.
    O'Brien
    Bashir - 2 crew essentials

4th season Worf and Gowron 2-pack. - unfortunately this means I probably won't be able to get Gowron as I don't want Worf in his 4th season uniform. That's alright. I have 2 figures of Gowron in my Playmates collection and that will have to be good enough.

Anyway, that's what's new on the Star Trek front save for some retro stuff that includes a TOS bridge playset, but I tend to ignore the retro series.

I've seen nothing of Playmates new movie-reboot Trek stuff.

Just reading some of the inexplicably glowing posts about how "DS9 is the best Trek ever"... and maybe it's the Darth in me... but as Sam Jackson said in Pulp Fiction, please allow me to retort.

Blam Blam!

No insult intended to anyone personally, here... except to Paramount's trained minions who produced this drivel.

IMHO, Deep Space Nine was mind-numbingly dull almost all of the time. It's utterly flawed central premise of having a host of 2nd rate Starfleet officers nailed to a space station (parked by a farming planet chock full of religious freaks) was the main culprit.

Welcome to Dullsville Station... Population: You. This show was a repository for TNG's cast-off scripts and actors. How many DS9 eps were TNG retreads?

The Defiant was kewl when it finally arrived but it was way too late by then... the mould was set. The wormhole could have offered a lot more than a lethargic and cheesey soap opera every week. The show just stuck to endlessly tedious side stories and accomplished very little in 7 years.

Who gives a flying crap about Bajor's religion or politics every freakin' week? Does anyone give a rat's arse if Nog the busboy pilfered 3 bars of latinum from the Cardies? So predictably lame, week after week of bottle shows. How about a shred of pacing or real drama?

The execution was always worse: Kira was NO Ensign Ro (as originally envisioned) - just a totally appalling actress in Forbes' place. Never stops shouting her lines.

Bashir was utterly unconvincing as a Doctor, Don Juan, Milquetoast, or Bionic Bond... simply terrible all-around in any role.

O'Brien just phoned his performance in (as on TNG - someone wake him up!). Q said it best: one of the little (sleeping) people. The Kira/wife/baby menage-a-stupide was just atrocious.

Odo was Archie Bunker revisited but much less funny... he should have stayed in the bucket like a drumstick of KFC.

Sisko grew on me a bit but was generally annoying and one-dimensional... not like Kirk or Picard. Worf (and Alexander) were completely emasculated during their lame tenure on DS9, too... looked foolish most of the time.

The only characters worth a (small) crap were Dax (#1) and Quark. At least she had the good sense to bail...

The "epic" Dominion Wars eps had, like, 1 minute of actual fight footage in a 43 minute episode span. Just look at the fan edits of the Dom. War on YouTube to see I'm right.

IMHO, none of the Dom War eps even come close to Trek greats like Balance of Terror, Best Of Both Worlds, or Yesterday's Enterprise.

Apart from shameless ripoffs of SW, Dune (Sardaukar= Jem'Hadar, Spice= White) and (the really awful) Babylon 5's entire premise, this was Trek nearly at it's worse. Enterprise and Scott Spatula really lowered the bar.

Star wars really should be left to Lucas, not DS9. He's much more imaginative and can afford a decent budget for interstellar war.

Star Trek is about adventure and exploration... not navel-gazing, frickin' Vulcan baseball, pretentious Prophets, and pointless yapping... ad infinitum.

The Lounge Lizard show finale was one of Trek's lowest moments ever. Abysmal. And completely fitting for DS9.

Alright... now that I've laid utter waste to DS9, I'll give it a few props.

I've seen almost every episode over the years and I'll say it's better than most of the crap that passes for TV these days.

There were a few good episodes (Tribbles, Q-Less, Mirror Universe eps, some Dom Wars, Valiant, Kahless) where they busted out of the usual banalities. Probably about 15 episodes were up to ST snuff, IMHO.

And a few of the ships and FX were cool.

Again, all of this is IMHO. But I just couldn't take the DS9 Lovefest anymore and I just had to stir the pot...

Peace out...

I call it Deep Sleep Nine.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

I liked the cast of Enterprise better than DS9's.
    Even Scott Spatula.

Found an article at Action-figure about the new movie Playmates figures:

Well I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Playmates does indeed have the license.

"You sound pretty confident about that," I hear you say, "how can you be so sure?" The simple reason is because I got to see the actual figure lines today.

And yes, I did say lines because, there is more than one. The figures themselves were early protoypes, so keep this in mind.

Whilst I'm not entirely sure of the scale of the figures (surprisingly, scale isn't a question distributors get asked about) but personally I put the main series at 6" (and I'm usually pretty good at scales). The majority of figures had not yet had articulation put into them, but I'd be guessing that you should be looking at something similar to the old Playmates Star Trek line.

As for the line up, I saw most of the crew: Kirk, Spock, Scotty, and I think Uhuru, Bones. Most of them were dressed in their Starfleet outfits, which seemed very similar to the designs from the original series. There also seemed to be a few other outfits for characters, as well as someone who looked like Sarek, who seemed to feature in all the Star Trek lines I saw today.

As well as what I'm calling the 6" line, there was a larger line with real cloth outfits. Again I have to guess at scale and this is the one I'm least sure on, thinking it between 9" and 12".

The final line looked to me to be a 4" line. Now the figures I saw weren't articulated and I have no idea whether the final pieces will or not, but what was on show with them was a couple of playsets.

One was the bridge of the Enterprise, with the second one being the transporter room. Both seemed like they would come with some form of electronic effects, but these were early, early prototypes with the electronics still hanging out the back of them. What makes me think the 4" line will be articulated was the fact that the bridge had a Kirk figure, sat at his chair, and it seems stupid to me to have a playset with a non-articulated kirk figure in a sitting pose. But then I could be wrong.

The movie isn't out until Christmas 2008, so we have a LONG wait ahead of us, but I've seen plenty of protoypes in my time at Action-Figure and my takeaway impression was that if you're a fan of the old Playmates Star Trek line, then you're going to love these lines.

Is there a link for this website?

A playset and vehicles-for-the-figures line would be sweet.

There is a supposedly Romulan character - the main villain "Nero," who is being played by Eric Bana (The Hulk).