Page 106 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1667
    Yeah, I just need to figure out how I want to do billing on it, I fully intend to order it from NewForce.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm going to have to check if the Klingon 2-pack is up for pre-order on NewForce yet.

Klingons are cool and they might make TOS crew in their civies from ST III / IV to go with them.

Then maybe they'll make some deluxe action figures of George and Gracie. I don't think any toy line yet has had poseable humpback whales!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    ... Here's the pics Steve took, they don't really sell the size that well because there's no context, but let me assure you, this thing is MASSIVE:
    http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=3683

Notice also that it finally has the surface detail it deserves, no prior version at any scale has truly gone there until now. Hopefully the production model will match this. November cannot come soon enough!
    There is a reflection of someones foot in one of the pictures. That gives some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ncbarrett View Post
    There is a reflection of someones foot in one of the pictures. That gives some perspective.
    That's not a reflection, it's show-through from the other side of the case. But you're right, it does an ok job of giving perspective.

NewForce has the Ent-D on presale for $35. Must... take... advantage!!!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

New Johnny Lightning Star Trek Ship Waves

Here's some pics of 2 new waves of repainted JL ships coming up for pre-order:

Thanks to trekmovie.com... though their article about JL is occasionally inaccurate.

Wave 5 -
    Enterprise NX-01 (2 enormous "phasers" or torpedoes, repaint)
    Klingon D7 Battlecruiser (light grey, exploding marmalade damage, "disruptor" torpedo)
    Enterprise 1701 refit (toasted! in final death throes from Star Trek III... sniffle .... hold me)
    Shuttlecraft Galileo II (2-tone grey/white, window paint)

Wave 6 -
    Borg Cube (exploding marmalade damage and Borg energy beam)
    Romulan D7 Battlecruiser (TAS design...though the stand says Klingon)
    USS Yamato (Galaxy-class, no nacho cheese dip)
    USS Excalibur (Constitution-class, white)

I'm hoping the toasted Enterprise comes with teeny toasted Klingons... hard to see the details of the wreck...

Can't say I'm overly stoked but... I'll be grabbing the whole kit and kaboodle, I'd think... though I'll be doing some major surgery on those ridiculous missile things.

The borgified USS Voyager is delayed. And I'm surprised they went with the TAS Romulan D7 when the Remastered Romulan D7 is much kewler, IMHO.

As always, JL's paint and detailing look pretty good... and JL will be continuing the line with new ships in 2009, apparently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jlw5.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	18075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jlw6borg.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	18076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jlw6romulan.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	18077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jlw6yam.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	18078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jlw6excal.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	18079  

McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

New Trek ships from JL

A few more pics of Wave 5... should be released this month. Wave 6 (last post) is due in October, apparently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ent nx.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	18082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galileo 2.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	18083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kling d7.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	18084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toasty 1701 refit.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	18085  

I can't say I'm overly stoked either on any of these. Maybe the last 3 from wave 6. Not too into anything from the candy crystal phaser marmalade universe.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I'll probably pick up the Yamato, Excalibur, Galileo and maybe the Enterprise. The rest are...meh.

Kinda wish the Yamato was the Challanger from "Timeless" though, as there is a Captain LaForge figure coming and it'd be nice to have something to display with him.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/08/23/more...ctive-dvd-set/
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yeah, LT... the "Meh Factor" is strong in these waves... just unnecessary repaints, really.

A USS Challenger would have been kewler... it'd be hard to find a Delta Flyer in a scale small enough to go with it, though. A speck, a mote of dust.

But any episode in which Geordie wastes Chakotay is fine by me. And that one was one of Voyager's best episodes, really. One of Trek's best teasers, too.

The Yamato should come with a virus that'll affect all the electronics at your home... but then again, that's nothing new to Microsoft OS users.

On the plus side, at least I can put my diecast Starblazers Yamato next to it... just to rile the purists.

But I'm just a sucker for this scale. There are precious few these days.

Plus, they're cheap. You can grab the wave for much less than one Hallmark, though obviously they're not in the same league. IMHO, JL's paint is outstanding for this scale, overall.

I'll end up grabbin' them en masse from eBay 'cuz I'll never ever see one in a store... all I ever see are clear Romulan Warbirds from eons ago.

I'd love to see more Trek "alien" ships from JL, and an Akira-class and Enterprises B, C, and E would rock. How about a few shuttlepods, travel pods, or TNG/DS9/VOY shuttles? I could go on...

Still waiting for the Konami ship set to come down in price... kinda semi-stoked about those, too.

But they too will join the Fleet eventually... mwa-ha-ha...(insert image of deranged Commodore twirling mustache)

Man, Johnny Lightning is riding the rails to hell with those waves.