Page 107 of 168 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1680
    A few more (and better) pics... for those less prone to wheeled evangelism, anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50498a_05.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	18097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50498a_04.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	18098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50498a_10.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	18099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50498a_20.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	18100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50498a_15.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	18101  

McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

For those interested in the actual figures, NewForceComics will take pre-orders for Kruge / Maltz Star Trek 3 Klingon 2-pack and they look great!

Kah-plah!

I was reading in the newest Star Trek magazine that the "Star Trek Experience" had moved to the Aerospace Museum in San Diego (Balboa Park?) since June of this year. It's called something different now. Something like the "Star Trek Exibition"

I didn't buy the mag just reading it at the newstand.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

It's a temporary thing in San Diego. The Las Vegas one is still there, but it will be permanently closing in Dec. / January which really sucks. I had some fun times drinking at Quark's and riding the flight simulators.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    For those interested in the actual figures, NewForceComics will take pre-orders for Kruge / Maltz Star Trek 3 Klingon 2-pack and they look great!

Kah-plah!
    I had never looked up the character of Maltz before the 2-pack, and was quite shocked to find that he was played by John Larroquette. That is some massively insane, outrageous, and brilliant casting for KLINGONS. Lloyd...and Larroquette.

And the inclusion of the little beastie quite cool.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I am looking forward to the release of the 3 3/4 figures next year to coincide with the New Movie, I know the movie figures will be the first ones, but I wonder if they sell well we will see other characters and aliens.

Well, as far as non-movie characters goes, Playmates only has the license for the movie while DST has the license(s) for everything that came before. So, unless Playmates gets permission to make Abrams-inspired versions of characters not in the movie, they likely won't be making anything from the previous series or movies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I long for a Star Trek line like the Star Wars line, with vehicles and playsets (uh we used to have playsets, didn't we?) that the figures interact with and one can make massive battle dioramas with.

Unfortunately, I'm not thrilled by having my heroes like William Shatner's Kirk, and Leonard Nimoy's Spock re-cast. (Yeah, I know Nimoy will be in the film as the older Spock).

I would've so much preferred a DS9 Dominion Wars toy line with interactive ships for the figures to fight in. Obviously they wouldn't be made to scale, as a lot of the Star Trek ships are bigger than the Star Wars ships. But there are compromises that could be made that would still allow the creation of cool vehicle toys for the figures to fly around in.

ArtAsylum/Diamond figures are just too big to ever really see that happen.

I'm not sure I'll rush out and buy Playmates new line. I may wait until I see the movie anyway.

I don't buy ALL Star Trek: Next Gen TV series and Voyager products I will probably tend to skip.

A picture was released of the upcoming "Timeless" Captain LaForge. Looks pretty cool, I'll have to find a way to get two...

http://trekmovie.com/2008/08/29/firs...geordi-figure/

So far they're being really timid with the Voyager offerings. There seems to be a Seven-of-Nine in total Borg gear in the Borg collection (with the Queen and some other Borg). Now there's Geordi, who they can bank on TNG's popularity with.

I'm not very likely to collect Voyager figures, though a set of Captain Proton variations might inspire me. I have Playmates Voyager figures from way back. That is probably enough for me.

I didn't dislike Voyager, but it was not my favorite Trek or anything. Voyager's characters were some of the Starfleet folks I could relate the most to - as I'd be most like Tom Paris were I in the Trek universe, I imagine. Harry and Tuvok were cool, and I thought B'Ellana was sexy (and was the character who reminded me the most of someone I date). Still, the show was not as iconic as it might have been. I would have handled Voyager much differently if I were in Rick Berman's shoes.