Page 121 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1680
    I like the bridge toy just for being what it is - but I agree the set-up is not that impressive and the toy is rather flat. The TNG Bridge Playset was very solid. This is more like a playmat that you stand the pieces on. Still, I might buy.

I don't know what the clear things are. The doors onto the bridge are transparent? Maybe for just the toy? But why? And why would there be work stations in the hallways outside the bridge then? The clear things must be something else, then. But what?

The Barbies... well, why not? I won't be buying those however.

The news on buying Gowron by himself is cool. However, I wonder if they'll let you buy Dukat by himself? I'm getting Kira in her SF uniform, and I really want her in her Bajoran uniform, so I guess I will collect both uniform sets and don't really need to cancel by Gowron order that will come with Worf.

It really sucks that Kruuge and Malz were cancelled. I hope that is a mistake. Maybe there were not enough orders to justify production? That would suck. I want figures from all TOS movies 2-6! While I doubt the ST4 Kirk and Spock will also be cancelled, this could be signaling trouble even for them. I so hope it's not.

Anyway, to market to KIDS, there needs to be fighter craft and ships that the figures go into, weapons they can use, and so forth. The preview to the movie looks as if it might provide the inspiration for that, but you don't know if those sequences are only as long as what was shown in the trailer, or if they're extended. And will army-builder SF and badguy alien action figures be offered in subsequent waves to keep the play-pattern stimulating?

Though I gather a few here disliked it, Star Trek: Nemesis provided the opportunity for a Star Wars-like toyline and play-pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I like the bridge toy just for being what it is - but I agree the set-up is not that impressive and the toy is rather flat. The TNG Bridge Playset was very solid. This is more like a playmat that you stand the pieces on. Still, I might buy.

I don't know what the clear things are. The doors onto the bridge are transparent? Maybe for just the toy? But why? And why would there be work stations in the hallways outside the bridge then? The clear things must be something else, then. But what?
    The clear windows are apparently system displays, you can see alot more detail here:

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merc...Compressed.jpg

One thing to definitely note from this bridge is how insanely larger it is than the TOS bridge, or even the TOS-movie bridges. I'm guessing the system displays that have gray bulky bases will have lights in them.

The news on buying Gowron by himself is cool. However, I wonder if they'll let you buy Dukat by himself? I'm getting Kira in her SF uniform, and I really want her in her Bajoran uniform, so I guess I will collect both uniform sets and don't really need to cancel by Gowron order that will come with Worf.
    Not sure, but you could always email Rick and ask him if he plans on attempting to get some exclusive Dukats. I know quite a few people would like the chance to get him to customize into other Cardassians...

It really sucks that Kruuge and Malz were cancelled. I hope that is a mistake. Maybe there were not enough orders to justify production? That would suck. I want figures from all TOS movies 2-6! While I doubt the ST4 Kirk and Spock will also be cancelled, this could be signaling trouble even for them. I so hope it's not.
    So far no reason has been mentioned as to why it's been canceled, but hopefully one will be revealed soon. I was really, really looking forward to that. I mean, not only is it two Klingons and a targ, but it's Christopher Lloyd and John Larroquette as Klingons!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I want them to make generic Cardassian soldiers in light of the Dominion War - maybe with a second head included (so they're not clones) or with a running change like Hasbro is doing with the Hoth Rebel Soldier. Of course, with Diamond Star Trek, this is even less likely to happen.

But I might as well post what I want right down to a super-articulated Porthos, the captain's dog figure from Enterprise.

Exclamation

Whos going to buy the new star trek figures from the new movie? Theres the 33/4 inch figures and the 6 inch figures. From the pictures that ive seen the paint jobs look kinda bad especaily the faces on both 33/4s inch and the 6 inch. The part that i like though is the holsters. Thats going to be the best part for me when i get them. And i hope that the paint jobs gets better...kinda like the indiana jones figures. They started out horrible but then later got alot better. So i guess we will see on april 19th. And as far as the two playsets go ill probably get those but ill have to see them in person and or at toyfair next month. Im just not sure what to do yet when it comes to the figures....i could put money back when i get my income tax check for all the figures or some of the figures and the playsets or put money back and get the 6 inch or get the 33/4 inch figures. Its a little confusing for me. Cause i know that when they come out ill see them in the store and i wont have the money on me to get what i want cause i didnt put the money back. Thats how i am i guess. Or i can preorder online for them and not worry about getting them in the stores all together. What about every one else? What do you guys think? Anyone making plans for them yet?

I might wait until I see the movie first. By then, as JediMasterGeorge pointed out, the quality control might be a little better than with the early batches they'll be trying to rush out.

But I'm really tempted. I also want to see if any of the figures are in the same scale with other Star Trek lines I've collected - including Playmates figures from the past.

Yeah, the only part that has any dimensionality is the center, and instead of being sunken, they raised it. I love the Playmates TNG bridge, I have it right next to the BMF (that's been its home for at least a decade). The great thing about the TNG bridge toy is that it's really the bridge, the layout is the same, the features are the same, the doors work like on the show, there's lights and sounds, and it has walls! The walls are super important, several of them are even intentionally collapsible so you can get into play better, like a movie set.

My guess is they're information displays, but they're really just set dressing.

I suspect this was the wrong time to offer them, but my best guess would be likeness issues, either they didn't get Christopher Lloyd's or John Larroquette's likeness rights, or their approvals on the sculpts.

Though I gather a few here disliked it, Star Trek: Nemesis provided the opportunity for a Star Wars-like toyline and play-pattern.
    Funny, because the toy line did horribly at market, as did the Scorpion model kit (which I own). The problem is not many people liked this movie, and not many kids saw or even cared about seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    The clear windows are apparently system displays, you can see alot more detail here:

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merc...Compressed.jpg

One thing to definitely note from this bridge is how insanely larger it is than the TOS bridge, or even the TOS-movie bridges. I'm guessing the system displays that have gray bulky bases will have lights in them.
    Thanks for the link. Man, does that look like a lot of simple, hollow plastic on that toy.

I do get the impression that this bridge toy makes the real thing look bigger than the TOS one, but I'm not sure it's really as significantly larger as you're suggesting, it's just that without the walls it seems limitless, and the use of space is wholly different. I'd guess it's gonna be no more than 20% bigger than the movie set.

I was really, really looking forward to that. I mean, not only is it two Klingons and a targ, but it's Christopher Lloyd and John Larroquette as Klingons!
    Kruge's pet is not actually a targ, but a Klingon monster-dog, which has more lizard-like features.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Exclamation

Does any body know how to make the holsters for the 7 inch star trek figures? For the phaser atleast. I was thinking of either using cardboard and black tape or just using black tape alone. Any ideas or suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Kruge's pet is not actually a targ, but a Klingon monster-dog, which has more lizard-like features.
    Oh, well...still, much more interesting accessory than the usual bat'leth.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergeorge06 View Post
    Does any body know how to make the holsters for the 7 inch star trek figures? For the phaser atleast. I was thinking of either using cardboard and black tape or just using black tape alone. Any ideas or suggestions.
    I would suggest using sculpey. That would probably be the easiest route to make a large amount of them in one sitting, and they would likely hold up better over time.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Sculpey is basically like clay, but...easier to manage and cure, I believe. I've never really worked with it, but it's used very frequently by customizers.

There is alot of helpful info here: http://www.ffurg.com/sculpting/clays.htm

A member on a different board got a picture of the new electronic command chair Kirk, though unfortunately they haven't said much about it. At the very least, it noticeably has much, much better packaging than the first command chair Kirk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ElectronicKirk.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	19342