Page 124 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1668
    By 2020 we can surely look forward to finally seeing this beauty:

Captain Sisko with Defiant command chair-
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=14041
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hmm, the side panels are too big, but I like that they're trying this. On the other other hand, what's the damned point if the figure can't even sit in it without looking like he's expecting a dental drill in a second?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Packaging for Playmates' Trek line was revealed and if you look closely in the center, you can see the figure in it's natural habitat. Careful not to spook it, as it may retreat further into the packaging and never be seen again.

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merc...p_375_kirk.jpg

Here's the rest:
    http://trekmovie.com/2009/02/10/firs...ng-from-japan/
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

The bridge set shows an interesting craft on the view screen. I'm guessing a Romulan ship?
    Looks close to the Romulan ship on Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Careful not to spook it, as it may retreat further into the packaging and never be seen again.
    Hahahahaha. OMG, that's some serious empty space.

Still though, I'm getting more and more excited about all of this. New film, toys... I'm even excited about the 12" figures.

(I dig the new uniforms, but am I the only one that thinks the phaser looks kind of stupid? I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me.)

Playmates always did make halfway decent 12" figures. I'm tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Packaging for Playmates' Trek line was revealed and if you look closely in the center, you can see the figure in it's natural habitat. Careful not to spook it, as it may retreat further into the packaging and never be seen again.

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merc...p_375_kirk.jpg
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! For a second, I didn't get your joke, then I looked at the picture and man, no kidding, it looks totally tiny in there, Playmates is the master of screwups! It looks like they used the 6" figure packaging for the 3.75" line as well.

That is some fugly packaging too, bland and sad and saying nothing.

Thanks for the link. Man, what a bunch of junk. Looks like the phaser goes from stun to kill by simply flipping the emitter around from the red side to the blue side. Is there ANYTHING in this film they haven't gotten wrong??? And the clamshells on the role-play items seem way out of place. And the vac-metalizing on the phaser and tricorder looks especially dimestore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    The bridge set shows an interesting craft on the view screen. I'm guessing a Romulan ship?
    Looks close to the Romulan ship on Nemesis.
    Yes, that's Nero's ship.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It looks like they used the 6" figure packaging for the 3.75" line as well.
    There are actually some pointless differences between the 6" and 3 3/4" packaging (such as around the peg-hole), but they do look like they're about 99% the same. Considering the darkness of the packaging as well as the figures, I'm thinking we'll often be seeing the 3 3/4" and 6" mixed together on the pegs.

Looks like the phaser goes from stun to kill by simply flipping the emitter around from the red side to the blue side.
    I hope that's just a play feature, if it's in the movie then that would be incredibly messed up. It reeks of Power-Rangerness. Granted, in the Cage they twisted around the emitter housing to get to different settings for their laser pistols - but it was all fully contained in that housing, unlike this fragile looking design.

Is there ANYTHING in this film they haven't gotten wrong???
    The tunic colors are mostly correct.

Also, DST has revealed an incredible amount of new product at Toy Fair:

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=123460

-McCoy (Medical t-shirt top)
    -Nurse Chapel
    -Romulan Commander
    -Kirk as Romulan
    -Salt Vampire (Not shown, though)
    -Mirror, Mirror Command Chair pack
    -TWOK Communicator
    -Silver 7 of 9
    -Spock (not entirely new, but the one that will be accompanying Romunlan-disguise Kirk in the 2-pack has a new head)
    -Green casual tunic Kirk (different tunic than the one on the AA Series 1 Kirk)

Good call on the peg hole, one is a J-hook and the other ain't. The tray on the 6" figure is corrugated while the 3.75" isn't. There's also a significant depth difference on the outer border.

Ha! Power Rangers-esque, I totally see that, now that you mention it. I like The Cage pistol, Playmates did a really good version of that, it makes sense there. This is such a floppity, silly-looking concept.

Fabulous link on the new DST stuff! I had no idea the interior of the WOK communicator sucked so bad.

I didn't want to buy another version of the WOK phaser, Playmates did it in the TMP colors, but theirs didn't have the removable type-1 style and this does, so thank you DST.

Spock's TOS Tricorder, yay! $50, boo!

Locutus of Borg looks kinda stuffy in that costume, it's not right.

The chest on the second 7 of 9 figure is ludicrous.

Why is the Borg Queen a crosseyed inbred?

The right side of Dukat is barely recognizable, the left side not even that.

Gowron's eyes aren't crazed enough.

Hairy-armed Bones McCoy!

Mark Lenard's Romulan Commander is perfect.

Enterprise Incident Spock's expression is funny, it kinda works, that hoity toity thing.

Those Icons busts are really good. Not sure who gives a crap about Pike or Archer, but the likenesses are spot-on.

The Quarter Scale figs, they're creepy, it's the long necks and ill-fitting clothes, they look sickly. And the likenesses are NOT there.

I just got my ArtAsylum / DST First Contact Data coming to me all the way from Australia. They shipped him in a SideShow box so at first I thought it was my Utopau Clone Trooper, hehe.

Data's awesome and comes with 2 heads - one has his ripped open face, and the other is normal, except for a part of his hair being removed so you can plug in a download cable (included). But he also comes with the hair part to add back to make the perfect Data.

Included additionally, Data has an extra right arm with his mechanics exposed from when the warp plasma burned away the flesh the Borg Queen had added. But I can't get his regular right arm off so I can put this one on instead. Anyone have this figure and any tips?

I might try the boiling water method, but I don't know how AA/DST figures are painted and if I'll damage his finish by doing that. I only know it works for Hasbro SW figures.

Any help would be appreciated.