Page 128 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1667
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    AFX is showing off two new versions of the old Connie-
    "High Definition/Remastered" Enterprise - http://www.shopafx.com/sttrorseensh.html
    Has added details included grid lining
    Wow, that's kinda cool. I'd need to see it in person first though because it's kind of a bland sculpt and might not carry that paint detail at this scale. Still, glad to see them going for it.

Ok, so apparently Dr. McCoy is a giant. WTF? The hairy arms are hilarious.

Anybody heard from NewForce lately? I emailed and called them, no responses, and there's new product hitting now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Haven't heard anything off with Newforce - maybe they are backed up?
    Yeah, Mccoy with hairy arms is kinda funny to me.....overall, they look good - I do believe the artist for these is different than what they did waves -4, but could be wrong...just happy to get a Rand and Chapel after all this time...who would have thought?
    Real men buy Willrow

I have a Rand and Chappel from the Playmates line of the 90's, so I'm not that thrilled. But they look good and I may buy 1 or both.

I will buy the BigFoot McCoy. Rumor is the Salt Vampire is finally going to be produced, and it will be helpful to have a few McCoys that are different which I can switch around to use to make suitable substitutions for the different scenes I want to set up with my figures.

Another figure they should do is the female Romulan Commander from Enterprise Incident who romantically fell for Spock. As of late Star Trek movies, including the new one coming out here in the next several months, and Nemesis, the Romulans are very prominent now - doing Klingon movies are finally considered over-exposure for that particular race. In fact, they should do movies with the Cardassians and The Dominion (what else would you expect a Niner like myself to say anyway?).

BTW, I hope Playmates releases another wave of Star Trek movie figures with a generic Romulan or Reman Soldier (or both) that you can army-build with. If this movie is JJ Abrams attempt to "Star Wars" (vb) Star Trek, then let the toyline reflect something like Star Wars 3 3/4" line with combat vehicles and beast accessory toys. Just from the previews, I see there's a lot of potential. The starships really ought to be made off-scale with opening saucer sections or whatever, that reveal underscale bridges you can staff with a limited number of figures (of course Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov).

I'll get Yeoman Rand and Nurse Chapel for sure. Been waiting for Rand since day 1 on these figures. About time Kirk had a girl made!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    I'll get Yeoman Rand and Nurse Chapel for sure. Been waiting for Rand since day 1 on these figures. About time Kirk had a girl made!
    I know. Pike got his woman...for such a limited line, I am happy with with three main waves, a variant Mirror Mirror wave, and now this one, we have a pretty nice set of TOS 7"ers....
    Real men buy Willrow

I want more Wrath of Khan figures!

McCoy Regula-1
    Saavik Regular-1
    Terrel - red EV suit (can be reused for Spock TMP)
    Chekov - white EV suit (can be reused for Kirk TMP)
    David Marcus
    Carol Marcus
    Jaquim (Khan's son)
    Scotty Radiation Suit

There's 2 waves of 4 figures each. Then it's done. Though you could do Spock in his black Vulcan ceremonial robes. But that can be a figure from a different movie label, as he wore this at other times, too. (ST6, etc.)

I passed on all movie versions...they just did not look as good to me - aside from Khan...
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Terrel - red EV suit (can be reused for Spock TMP)
    Chekov - white EV suit (can be reused for Kirk TMP)
    This is a great idea. It makes alot of sense to do this since youd be getting four figures out of one mold.

Joachim would be a good one too. Was he Khan's son? I didn't think anything was said one way or another in either the movie or the novel. 15 years passed between Space Seed and STII. He seemed like he was more in his 20's rather than 15, so I assumed he was more of a very good friend to Khan

I was bummed that the Kruge/Maltz two pack was cancelled. I was looking forward to that one. Hope they decide to release it down the road. I'd like to see these Klingon baddies made:

Klingon Captain TMP
    Cmdr Kruge STIII
    Maltz STIII
    Torg STIII
    Valkrys STIII
    Klingon Ambassador STIV
    General Chang STVI
    Chancellor Gorkon STVI

For some reason I don't like the scale of these figures. I want 3 3/4 figures from the old movies. (maybe on a retro mego TMP-type card, but different for each movie. Like toys from an alternate universe where the Trek 79 line was the big Star Wars success they were hoping for)

Kruge and Maltz got cancelled? Oh that sucks! I still really want Captain Koloth.

"Ahh my dear Captain Kirk."
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett