Page 129 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1667
    Art Asylum did Cmdr. Kor (John Callicos of BattleStar Galactica fame) for TOS Klingons, I think. Kang and Koloth would be nice additions!

Of course the original actors all came back to reprise their roles on DS9, so they could do them in the modern Klingon style as well).

Snowtrooper, DST should love getting 4 figures out of one mold, indeed!

And I totally agree with your list of movie Klingons they could make.

I'd add ST5's Capt. Klaaw and Vixis, General Korrd, and ST6's Azetbur and Worf, as well as Col. West (Rene "Odo" Aberjenaus) in Klingon Disguise, too.

Star Trek Playmates Toy Commercial

The transporter toy looks like fun: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=14279
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Yeah it does look like fun. Could kids get into Star Trek? Can JJ Abrams be sparking the firey rebirth of the franchise?

Let's see:

1) Star Trek starts on TV
    2) Star Wars starts at the movies
    3) Star Wars moves to TV
    4) Star Trek moves exclusively to the movies

However, if kids access TOS Star Trek, and Trek then-on, hyper-sensitive parents will start to get upset because the program is too sexually loaded (especially when compared to Star Wars) and it brings into question Creationism and most of religion - and shows other cultures (Vulcans and Romulans to certain degrees) to be superior to our own (but not in many ways). Other "objectionable things" include one world government (of earth).

I think the capitol of the Earth is in France (Deep Space Nine reference) while StarFleet Headquarters is in San Francisco of course.

The transporter looks like fun? I'm not seeing it, I would have been really annoyed with that toy, it's a cheap magic trick, you still know the figure's inside. The Playmates transporter was way cooler, it was a better magic trick and didn't require putting your figures in a coffin.

So, DST has pushed back the Ent-D yet again, now May 20th. At this rate, I'm confident this toy will never get released.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw the commercial for the movie star trek toys and it really excites me....It brings back memories from the early 90s when the next generation stuff came out. I cant wait. I know i will get the 3 3/4 inch figures but ill have see the 6 inch figures in person to determine if i want to get those. Im going to a toyshow on the 19th and the new stuff comes out around that time so i might see these there and deterime then if i want to get them.

Just finished the 4 part comic book prequel: Countdown. Color me excited....cant wait!
    Real men buy Willrow

They're courting disaster with "random build a bridge/transporter" pack ins.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Saw the roleplay phaser, tricorder & "scotty" transporter playset today at my local Toys R Us. I saw the info about the add-on environment pieces.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Did you by any chance note how much the role-play items were?

EDIT: They have 'em on the website, $16 each for the communicator, tricorder, and phaser. To be honest, none of them look worth it, the tricorder closest but it seems like it's pretty small.

They have the DST TOS Role Play stuff listed out of stock or preorder, but the only in-store piece, the phaser, is half-off which is a terrible sign.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    Saw the roleplay phaser, tricorder & "scotty" transporter playset today at my local Toys R Us. I saw the info about the add-on environment pieces.
    Uh-oh. I think a trip to my Toys R Us might be in order. I plan to look and only maybe buy (because of the return priviledge) at this time.

The movie is out May 8, so it is now 30 days prior. I guess the toy release makes sense. I don't think I'm going for this stuff until I see the film though - which might be a week or two later than its release because of personal reasons.