Page 134 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1668
    Some pretty interesting news from DST today, as another wave of figures will be making their way to TRU including an exclusive.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/

- McCoy (TOS rerelease)
    - Spock (The Cage)
    - Kirk (Exclusive - Dress Uniform - Rerelease from the 2-pack with Khan)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Went to toysrus today and saw a whole section filled with every thing for the movie. Picked up the tranporter and took it home and then later took it back...its not all that great...to me its not worth 30 bucks..maybe when it goes on sale or clearance some time down the road and when it comes to the bridge same thing..ill wait.

With the bridge and transporter sets, I'm just waiting until I discover good paint jobs on Kirk and Scott.

Depending upon the store (Target at least) you'll have a 90 day return priviledge. So keep your receipt. Get a good paint job when you see it. Then buy it again on clearance but return it with your old receipt.

This message has been brought to you by Timothy Geithner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Nice pic JB...
    Remember Kirk as Romulan 12"?
    The pattern on these shirts kinda reminds me of a Romulan weave. They probably did that on purpose.
    Thanks, blue...

Yeah I do remember that figure...I would have never made that connection...I think the difference here is that the pattern is tiny Starfleet emblems. That means Playmates had to lay out for special fabric for these shirts...

Went back to TRU today...all the small figures were gone, the main characters in the 6" were gone and just McCoy remained in the 12"...

Think I'm gonna pick up a Spock figure if they turn up again up here...

Here's another couple shots of Kirk...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIRK09-08.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	20004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIRK09-02.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	20005  

A closeup of his face might be nice, so I can see how good the quality is.

I've never seen the 12" in person.

There are some really good closeups in Crawford's 12" review.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_041709a.htm

I think the 12" looks pretty close to Pine, at least alot closer than the smaller scales. Still quite a bit soft, though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I got out to Toys R Us tonight and purchased the bridge and transporter sets, along with Terminator products, and saw the Trek 12" for my first time.

They DO look quite good. But there's not much interesting about them yet.

Interesting 12" Trek would include:

Nemesis Remans and the Viceroy
    Nemesis Romulans
    Data with multiple access hatches and accessories, alternate heads
    Jean-Luc Picard with removeable uniform top and the vest underneath
    Worf with multiple accessories, and possibly with spacesuit from First Contact
    Odo with multiple shape-shifting arms, legs that could be attached
    Quark with detailed clothing
    Gul Dukat with detailed uniform, alternate red eyes, or battery-lit ones
    The Borg (multiple sculpts, different phases of assimilation)
    The Borg Queen
    various Klingon characters in uniform
    Jem Hadar
    The Founders with multiple variant legs and arms that simulate shape-shifting
    Gorn
    Mugato
    Salt Vampire
    Horta
    Shran (and other Andorians)
    Captain Archer (his pocketed jumpsuit uniform is more interesting than reg SF)

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    He took some really nice shots of these figures in that review. It makes me even happier I bought them.
    They are nice shots, but the figures look like crap in a hat. Nero could fit in with some SW guys, but the rest look downright sad.

I know I've been watering mine. Yoda still seems stunted for some reason, though.
    I think you've just forfeited your right to speak from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Remember Kirk as Romulan 12"?
    The pattern on these shirts kinda reminds me of a Romulan weave. They probably did that on purpose.
    Actually, in Crawford's review of the 12"ers, he shows that the pattern is the Starfleet Arrowhead, which my first impression is that I think is kind of stupid. But Playmates did a good job of expressing it on those figs.
    http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_041709a.htm

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Some pretty interesting news from DST today, as another wave of figures will be making their way to TRU including an exclusive.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/

- McCoy (TOS rerelease)
    - Spock (The Cage)
    - Kirk (Exclusive - Dress Uniform - Rerelease from the 2-pack with Khan)
    Oh man, what a bummer. That Spock really should have had the Cage-era head design, that would have been an instant buy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergeorge06 View Post
    Went to toysrus today and saw a whole section filled with every thing for the movie. Picked up the tranporter and took it home and then later took it back...its not all that great...to me its not worth 30 bucks..maybe when it goes on sale or clearance some time down the road and when it comes to the bridge same thing..ill wait.
    Yeah, the commercial linked in this thread made the thing look pretty lame. Sorry it cost you $30 to find out it sucks. What about it don't you like, specifically?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh man, what a bummer. That Spock really should have had the Cage-era head design, that would have been an instant buy from me.
    Not only that, but also his left hand is doing the Vulcan salute with no extra hands apparently present, he has TOS accessories and his insignia shows command instead of science. The color of the uniform is about the only thing right with the figure.

spotted these today in a TRU run. look alright, might get a few, not sure about the playsets yet, but they do seem interesting.

would definately get a Sulu figure and see if I can make a decent custom of Harold for a Harold and Kumar set. (just need to see if I can find a figure close enough for Kumar)
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks