Page 141 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1668
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Tycho, you forgot "Massive Hands Allergic Reaction" Kirk. You need him!!
    His tongue is wabbiged!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    On sale at Target this week -

Basic figs 6.29
    6" figs 8.99
    Enterprise 22.99
    Bridge playset 19.99
    Hmmm. I think I'll get my Enterprise ship now.

I will also get a price adjustment on my bridge playset. I'll have to check what they're doing with the Transporter as well - hmmm - not to mention all the figures I bought. Glad I save those receipts!!!

Tycho, I forgot to post the sale price of the Transporter. I just got back from Target and noticed it was 23.99. (bought the bridge)

the role play toys are on sale as well but I'm not sure at what price.

Hmmm. I only save $6 on each item (bridge / transporter) so that's $12 total.

I'm checking the prices I paid for the figures. I bought almost all of them at Wal-Mart.

I'll see if it's a good deal for me to price check or not.

{update} I'm probably not going to bother at this point. My returns would require me to visit another retailer all to save around $12-14.

For $12, I would go to all that trouble but that's just me, Tycho.

So I bought the bridge playset not so much for the Trek figures as I won't be buying enough of them to have a full crew. However, the set will be very useful to display other figures.

The pack in Kirk is quite disappointing though as his elbow, knee and ankle articulation is severely restricted.

I'm pretty sure the pack-in Kirk is the same as the basic Galaxy Collection Kirk. I didn't need to open my carded Captain Kirk yet, but the bridge figure and transporter figure (Scotty) are in every way the same as the basic figures.

Since it would take me at least an hour to go to several stores and expend gasoline in doing so - and even minimum wage is $8 an hour, for $12 I'm better off getting a McJob than worrying about the Trek stuff. But if I wind up at these stores anyway, I guess I'll take care of it.

UPDATE: I've opened my Star Trek 2009 NCC 1701 Enterprise from Playmates. Unfortunately, Playboy's Playmates didn't bring this ship to me, but Playmates Toys company did. Now that this misperception has been cleared up and we've taken note of the absence of scantily clad ladies surrounding me while I post this, I'll review this beautiful ship.

The 1701 is almost the exact same proportions as Art Asylum's stunning 1701-A: the saucer and warp nacelles that is. Curiously, the secondary hull (drive section) of the ship is 1/3 smaller. It doesn't look wrong for the look of the movie, and with history having been changed, maybe Starfleet isn't building as large of ships, or technology has allowed for smaller drive sections. I don't know. The Kelvin (20 years earlier) had about 40 shuttlecraft in its hanger. Was it larger than the 1701? I guess it could have been.

Anyway, the sound effects are cool and clear, right from the movie. However, Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto's voices are just not iconic at this stage. Too bad AA didn't make a ship with Shatner and Nimoy's voices. (It could have said, "Starfleet: this is Kirk. We've discovered new bargains at Priceline.com.")

However, I'm very glad I bought this ship. There are plans (no pictures that I've seen yet) to bring out the Narada (Nero's ship). I also heard the Kelvin is going to be made. I have hopes for the mining platform (that connects to the Narada??? - that'd be sweet!) But the Jellyfish fighter (Original Spock's ship) is also coming out - but I hope that is made for the 3 3/4" figures (along with a Starfleet shuttlecraft).

DST has moved the Enterprise-D's release date to June 3rd, but Rick posted at TrekToy that they should arrive in the U.S. in 2-3 weeks as the boat has left HK.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

picked up McCoy today to find out that his arm was broken in the package. will have to return him tomorrow and hope to get another
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Dark Artist: which McCoy? (and sorry about your trouble)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    There are plans (no pictures that I've seen yet) to bring out the Narada (Nero's ship).
    There's a pic here, Tycho

The mulched peacock

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...ada#post669634
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.