Page 142 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1680
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The 1701 is almost the exact same proportions as Art Asylum's stunning 1701-A: the saucer and warp nacelles that is. Curiously, the secondary hull (drive section) of the ship is 1/3 smaller. It doesn't look wrong for the look of the movie, and with history having been changed, maybe Starfleet isn't building as large of ships, or technology has allowed for smaller drive sections. I don't know. The Kelvin (20 years earlier) had about 40 shuttlecraft in its hanger. Was it larger than the 1701? I guess it could have been.
    The Kelvin doesn't have an official size, but assuming the saucer and secondary hulls are the size of the newEnterprise, then the Kelvin and this new Enterprise are nearly 2.5 times the size of the TOS 1701, the newEnterprise is actually larger than the Ent-E if you can believe it (it's longer at the bow, and thus much wider and a remarkably taller keel).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks. It's hard to visualize the Narada as a toy, but I guess that's the picture. And I definitely want it!

I just saw the movie again tonight.

Anyone know if there's a second series of 3 3/4" Trek figures planned? I'll be needing at least the following:

Kirk in the black undershirt he wears for most of the movie
    Kirk in his skydiving gear
    Cadet Kirk
    Academy Spock
    Blue Shirt McCoy
    Yellow Shirt Chekov (considering it's the only outfit we see him in in the movie)
    Academy Uhura
    Sulu in skydiving gear
    Scotty in his Delta Vega duds
    Keenser
    Academy Pike
    Admiral Pike (with wheelchair)
    Sarek
    Ayel

...and it would also be nice to have:
    Kirk in civilian clothes
    Vulcan Spock
    Delta Vega Spock Prime
    Amanda
    McCoy in civilian clothes
    Red Shirt Keenser
    Admiral Barnett (planning a custom Madea figure..)
    Cadet "Cupcake"
    Olson in skydiving gear
    Captain Robau
    George Kirk
    a generic Romulan thug
    generic Red Shirt (male, female or both)
    generic Blue Shirt (ditto)
    generic Yellow Shirt (and again)
    and it'd be nice to have a figure of that alien Enterprise crew member

I was planning on making some easy customs of the main crew with simple head swaps, but I'd rather save the time and money if I knew they were already planning on releasing those versions. I wanted to use the Starfleet cadet body to make Academy Spock and Pike, but I noticed that they uniforms are considerably different.

Also, just wondering - why was this thread merged? I had been hoping to find a discussion of the Playmates figures, but I have absolutely zero interest in the Art Asylum/Diamond Select figures.

There has to be. There's 18 stations necessary to complete the bridge playset, and while they could re-release the same figures with new parts to sell more (a good back-up strategy - and I already needed an extra Spock and Uhura in their duty uniforms anyway) - I think the plan was to keep the line going. Your suggestions are great and they echo mine...

Bring them all on!!! I'm buying!

They also have to make the 2 Delta Vega beasts, a Jellyfish fighter for Spock, and a Starfleet shuttlecraft to take the new recruits out from the Academy and for orbital skydiving launches with Pike at the controls and Kirk and Sulu jumping!

ADDED HOURS LATER: Man I am so glad to have this many Star Trek figures and playsets and ships to collect. I hope the line sells like a hit and it can continue with beasts and vehicles for the figures to fit in (Jellyfish, Starfleet shuttlecraft). Star Trek rocks and TOS crew is the greatest:

Archer - Kirk - Picard - Sisko - Janeway
    T'Pol - Spock - Riker - Kira - Chakotay
    Reed - Sulu - Data - Worf - Tuvok (though competition for 2nd officer, though)
    Mayweather - Sulu - Ro - J. Dax - Paris (Dax has to win best pilot here since she's got so much more experience and combat training)
    Sato - Uhura - Data - O'Brien - Kim (Androids are just superior in many ways. That's all there is to it.)
    Reed - Chekov - Worf - Worf - Tuvok (Klingons kick butt, and Worf became disciplined and quite a complete moral compass, too)
    T'Pol - Spock - Data - J. Dax - HoloDoc (best scientist is too tough to call. I'll have to think on that one.)
    Phlox - McCoy - Crusher - Bashir - HoloDoc (easily since he's programmed with everything the other ones know already)

Hmmm. This did end up with TNG having the most talented crew between Worf and Data. That surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Dark Artist: which McCoy? (and sorry about your trouble)
    Thanks Tycho,

i picked up Cadet McCoy from the 3.75 at Walmart yesterday but returned him today and got a replacement. just frustrating that figures sometimes get damaged on shipping.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I've been noticing recently that (what appear to be) the later shipping figures seem to have much improved paint jobs, and the likenesses actually seem to be improved because of that. Now, if only they could release an improved sculpt of Kirk - I'd be more than happy to buy him again if they did.

I've organized my dioramas with the existing figures that are out now. Yes I bought duplicates in some cases:

3.5"

BRIDGE: (at the end of the movie)

Kirk
    Spock
    Sulu
    Scott
    Uhura
    (scene needs McCoy in blue duty uniform, Checkov in yellow)

TRANSPORTER: (Leaving for the Narada away-team mission)

Scott
    Spock
    Uhura
    (scene needs Kirk in black)

RESCUE ABOARD THE NARADA:

Nero
    Capt. Pike
    (scene needs Kirk in black coming to the rescue, possible Romulan pirates)

HOPING FOR A STARFLEET SHUTTLECRAFT FOR THE FIGURES:

Cadet McCoy (he was actually in street clothes though)
    Cadet Checkov (he was never shown there)
    (scene needs Kirk in street clothes, Uhura as cadet, maybe Pike in formal uniform)

6" figures

IT'S A ROMULAN ATTACK! (set on the bridge of the USS Enterprise)

Capt. Pike
    Spock
    Cadet McCoy
    Sulu
    (scene needs a 6" black shirt Kirk)

RESCUE ABOARD THE NARADA:

Nero
    Capt. Pike
    (scene needs Kirk in black coming to the rescue, possible Romulan pirates)

Yeah: I'm doing this scene twice. It's an important piece of the reason Kirk becomes promoted to Captain.

SPOCK MEETS SPOCK ("Good luck.")

Ambassador Spock
    Commander Spock

ACADEMIC BOARD MEETING (at Starfleet Academy):

Cadet Uhura
    Cadet McCoy
    Cadet Checkov
    (scene needs 6" Cadet Kirk, Admiral Pike, formal Spock)

Leftover figures I can save for the next movie:

3.5" Kirk, Ambassador Spock (except he won't be in the next movie and so I might have to use him in a scene from this movie. Should I buy another 3.5" Spock?)

6" Kirk, Scott - easy to use for the next film that might come around.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Anyone know if there's a second series of 3 3/4" Trek figures planned? I'll be needing at least the following:

Kirk in the black undershirt he wears for most of the movie
    Kirk in his skydiving gear
    Cadet Kirk
    Academy Spock
    Blue Shirt McCoy
    Yellow Shirt Chekov (considering it's the only outfit we see him in in the movie)
    Academy Uhura
    Sulu in skydiving gear
    Scotty in his Delta Vega duds
    Keenser
    Academy Pike
    Admiral Pike (with wheelchair)
    Sarek
    Ayel

...and it would also be nice to have:
    Kirk in civilian clothes
    Vulcan Spock
    Delta Vega Spock Prime
    Amanda
    McCoy in civilian clothes
    Red Shirt Keenser
    Admiral Barnett (planning a custom Madea figure..)
    Cadet "Cupcake"
    Olson in skydiving gear
    Captain Robau
    George Kirk
    a generic Romulan thug
    generic Red Shirt (male, female or both)
    generic Blue Shirt (ditto)
    generic Yellow Shirt (and again)
    and it'd be nice to have a figure of that alien Enterprise crew member

I was planning on making some easy customs of the main crew with simple head swaps, but I'd rather save the time and money if I knew they were already planning on releasing those versions. I wanted to use the Starfleet cadet body to make Academy Spock and Pike, but I noticed that they uniforms are considerably different.

Also, just wondering - why was this thread merged? I had been hoping to find a discussion of the Playmates figures, but I have absolutely zero interest in the Art Asylum/Diamond Select figures.
    I hope there is a second wave of figures coming. these are really decent figures and I would love to see a better likeness of Pike and Kirk in the black cadet shirt.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Any new version of Kirk would be great. The likeness just sucks.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I finally saw a Warp collection Uhura today so I bought her along with Warp Kirk.

The week long sale at Target seems to have had a positive effect as the pegs at my local stores are quite bare and ready for a restock. They even sold quite a few playsets.