Page 146 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1668
    I'll keep my eyes open - pretty sure I've seen a few Spocks around here.

Just let me know but don't buy it. I don't want to pay shipping for a Trek figure that may show up around here (maybe even by a store return). Plus I like to pick out my paint job if at all possible.

My guess is that the regular uniforms of Kirk and Spock, probably Uhura and Sulu, and Scotty, will all re-ship again with the newer waves.

I haven't been buying any of the new Playmates figures, but I do notice that Spock is pretty much been wiped out at most stores in my area. He's a popular figure.

At the recent DST Question & Answer they mentioned they are thinking of doing a smaller line.
    I think they could save a lot of plastic, but would the detail and quality suffer?

Question:

Hi. I wanted to say great job on all that you have done. I am very impressed by your company. Everything that I have seen you do is top notch. I especially like your star trek figures, and everything you have done in minimate form. I liked the new Star Trek movie, but have to say I am disappointed with the 4″ line and play sets Playmates has offered us. I am more of a fan of the 4″ scale and 12″ scale compared to any other size, especially since you can have more room for displaying and could do more scale play sets/vehicles. Now my question is could you do a 4″ scale line of star trek figures/vehicles/play sets etc? I love the detail and articulation in your figures and know no matter which series/movie you would make from I would collect them all!

Answer:
    DSTChuck: Hey two happy fans in a row — I’m on a roll! We have considered the $” scale for Trek and there are some folks internally really pushing it. Me I am not convinced yet and if we did, do we still run the larger scale..I just don’t know BUT we’re thinking about it.

I just opened my Shran, and I must say the detail is really nice. I like a few of these figures and plan to open the ones I have (mostly Enterprise figs)
    If they could somehow emerge the detail of the 6" into the 4" (3.75 actually), I don't think anyone could resist them.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I'd buy 3 3/4" from DST.
    I would too.

However, I want my DS9 crew complete in the 7".

But the figures could be sold for far less because the shipping weight of the 3 3/4" line is that much less than the 7".

And I've long wanted to have a massive Trek line with ships and playsets for the figures to interact with and with which I can start a war!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

My guess is that the regular uniforms of Kirk and Spock, probably Uhura and Sulu, and Scotty, will all re-ship again with the newer waves.
    Man you sure are optimistic... given the huge amount of first run product I've seen at stores, I can't imagine those newer waves being any easier to find than were the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom wave last year.

Notice how he called it the $ scale. They must realize it's a big money maker.

I think they could definitely give Hasbro a run for the money if they kept the detail.

My new interest in the 7" line, I'd like to complete my Enterprise figures. Have the bridge set, but doubt if I can get pricey T'Pol and the science station.
    I think you can still get Tucker in blue uniform over at Newforce.
    DST said it's doubtful any Enterprise figures will be made again. Which is no surprise.
    It is kind of a niche thing, as many haters as there are lovers. Good for me, maybe I can fill in the gaps pretty cheap.

Might get a few Movie figures. Got to have an Admiral Kirk. Wouldn't mind some of the crew from FC.

I also read that DST cancelled the Borg line. That's something I'd have bought, especially 7 of 9 as Borg and brown uniform. Maybe Data and the Queen. Everybody likes Borg's but I guess they didn't get enough orders from retail to justify production.

I just got rid of all my old Playmates 4" and 6" figures in one swoop. Over 87 of them loose. I kept my silver 7 of 9 which is a better sculpt by old Playmates standards and a couple of Transporter figures and stands. I'll miss them a little but I think a few DST figures will fill the void ok.

I'm keeping my old Playmates figures (the 5 3/4" size and some variant sizes - Deep Space Nine ran larger figures for example - 8" I think).

I intend to set up dioramas with them as well. Man I've got to get that house!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm keeping my old Playmates figures (the 5 3/4" size and some variant sizes - Deep Space Nine ran larger figures for example - 8" I think).

I intend to set up dioramas with them as well. Man I've got to get that house!
    I had about 20 of those larger figures, Warp Factors. Some had action features like Picard and Q could sword fight. Then there were the First Contact figures that were larger also.
    I almost kept them...not! They were in storage some in baggies, most on the card in the garage for years and years, but after looking them over once again, I just couldn't get over how cheesy they were. I remember when they used to be the shizzle, but now ugh. So I put them all on the bay in three groups of, larger figs, TOS, and TNG and some guy in England feverishly bid and got them all, so that was easy. You couldn't do that with carded figures.
    No way I made my money back, I thought they were worthless. Some fan in another country is probably giddy with this huge load of figures he got, he could otherwise have a hard time getting individually.

No way I'll be parting with my 9" inch and 12" nearly complete collections of Playmates figures though. I simply love those. Just missing POTA Spock and Kirk 12" that are still pricey to get.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    A new wave of TOS figures showed up for pre-order on TRU's site the other night, including the first brand new character to TRU's waves.

Kirk (Mirror, Mirror) - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3531475
    Spock (Mirror, Mirror) - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3531470
    Kang - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3531476
    Kang is great news...sculpt looks great. Between this, the salt vamp, and the new tos classic wave, I am digging these trek items. Playmates can drop dead as far as I am concerned.
    Real men buy Willrow