Page 147 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1667
    More bad news, the Sisko with Defiant Command Chair set has been canceled. I emailed DST's Chuck for verification, and he confirmed it.

This is even more infuriating than the previous cancellations as I actually had two on preorder.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Tomorrow I plan to phone Rick at NewForce and find out what the heck I ordered that I can still expect to be coming:

Kirk and Spock from ST IV?

The M-113 Salt Vampire?

And maybe he has some inside info on whether Playmates will be actually releasing the continuation of its Star Trek 2009 collections (and Terminator Salvation stuff, for that matter).

STIV Kirk & Spock seem to be okay, DST's blog had carded pictures of the set, which always seem to be a sign that they're being produced.

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/voy...ure-packaging/
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I talked to Rick at NewForce on the phone today. He said they'll probably receive and ship the Kirk-Spock set in 2 more weaks (ST IV, Voyage Home).

He also said that NOTHING has been cancelled permanently yet. (Klingons from STIII, Dukat/Sisko, Borg Build-A-Diorama, etc.)

He said DST told him they are looking for other ways to bring about the products that were shown in new formats.

I don't know if that means we'll be able to buy Dukat by himself, or Kruuge will ship with another Kirk and Maltz will come with Scotty or Sulu. Who knows?

The greatest movie figures so far were from WOK. I so wish they would do 8-10 MORE figures from that movie and complete it! I'll be asking at Comic Con, you can be sure.

FYI! NewForce has the Enterprise D opener in stock for $33.99!

Got my order placed for that and a Salt Vampire.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Very nice get, but is the Salt Vampire ready to ship? I thought that one was months away still.

Michael Crawford reviewed the DST TOS Tricorder, not entirely favorable but mostly acceptable: http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070309a.htm
    I'm hoping to pick it up at SDCC for slightly under its $40.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for the 'heads up,' everyone on what is and is not hitting/cancelled
    Real men buy Willrow

For those collecting them, the new Star Trek figures have dropped in price at my wal-mart so i'd start checking yours. The 6'' figures are roughly 6.97 now; i can't recall what the smaller figures were.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I believe the 3 3/4" figures are $4.97 at most Wal-Marts now.

Any news on wave 2 of the 3 3/4" figures?

Well, finally some good news...

- Sisko with Command Chair is pulling a Princess Bride with only being "mostly dead," in the latest Q&A Chuck mentioned that if it pulls in enough pre-orders soon then it will be made. Although, he said it has "a long ways to go." Still, if you were interested but put off pre-ordering it then you might want to put in that pre-order ASAP.

- The Voyage Home Kirk/Spock 2-pack has been released and is in stock at NewForceComics, someone found one at their local comic store though and bought it; picture here.

- The TOS crew 2-pack rereleases are also out, which the same person bought, and... well, nothing's really different except the uniform colors now match due to being made at the same time, but they only come with the bare minimum accessories. A nice little bonus, though, is that the phaser handles are painted the various colors that are available with the role-play version.

Accessories are:
    Kirk- Gold/bronze-handled phaser, communicator
    Uhura- Tricorder, Padd, communicator
    Spock- Tricorder black-handled phaser, communicator
    Scott- White-handled phaser, communicator
    McCoy- Tricorder, communicator
    Sulu- Tricorder, gray-handled phaser, communicator.

Pics:
    Kirk/Uhura
    McCoy/Sulu
    Spock/Scotty

And, Toys R Us has revealed yet another wave on their site for preorder.
    - "Romulan" (presumably the Romulan Commander that has been in limbo since being shown off at Toy Fair and hadn't been picked up by a retailer)
    - Scotty
    - Kirk (the picture shows Kirk from the Kirk/McCoy/Rand/Chapel wave, but it may be a mix-up)