Page 148 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1669
    No new figure news, but I've grown tired of staring at DST's horrible photoshop job of the Sisko in the Command Chair picture. For those that haven't looked at it much, here it is. To make that picture, DST simply used a picture of Sisko from the Sisko/Dukat 2-pack, horridly edited out the orb, and applied a picture of the Season 7 head.

That said, I decided to make an attempt at photoshopping a better one, and came up with this in about 15 minutes earlier today. As a subtle little bonus, it's made entirely out of DST promotional pictures. I know it's a bit of beating one's own drum, but I think it livens it up?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=PM

http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=PM

New Force Comics has the Trek 2009 figures from wave 2 up for pre-order.

It will help us all see these cases actually happen if we pre-order them.

Kirk in black shirt, the orbital sky-dive combatants, Keenser, the Romulan General that serves Nero, and more are included in this 3.5" wave which also includes parts to complete the bridge playset.

The 6" are also available for pre-order and this set includes the beast assortment with the furry beast and the insect (acklay) type monster that attack Kirk on Delta Vega.

You get one of each figure with your order. I'm hoping that any duplicate figures I need, like Kirk in the black shirt, show up in the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    No new figure news, but I've grown tired of staring at DST's horrible photoshop job of the Sisko in the Command Chair picture. For those that haven't looked at it much, here it is. To make that picture, DST simply used a picture of Sisko from the Sisko/Dukat 2-pack, horridly edited out the orb, and applied a picture of the Season 7 head.

That said, I decided to make an attempt at photoshopping a better one, and came up with this in about 15 minutes earlier today. As a subtle little bonus, it's made entirely out of DST promotional pictures. I know it's a bit of beating one's own drum, but I think it livens it up?
    Nice work, and yeah, you did a much better job than they did.

I got to check out the DST captain's chair replica, as well as Tricorder and Communicator, at SDCC. The chair is very nice, though I'm not sure it's 4 bills nice. The communicator is frustratingly nicer than I hoped. The Tricorder is very fun, but VERY hollow which cripples my interest in it. Ultimately, I would have bought the role play from New Force, but they didn't bring ANY Trek to the show!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks, JT!

That's weird about NFC, but I guess they were letting the other stores that had exclusives one dabble in that area? Pure speculation, of course, as I have no idea if EE was selling them either.

Oh, a bit of related interesting info: on TrekToy it was revealed that NFC was lined up to have an exclusive TMP variant of the upcoming TWOK phaser, but Rick decided to drop it due to delays building up and it becoming financially riskier. Apparently it's still gonna come out, though, so it seems someone else picked it up.

In other news, DST tossed up pics of TRU's third wave with Kang today, and he looks great. He should stand out from Kor if anybody already has him, as Kang really seems to have better paint apps, and his disruptor is the correct color. http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/0...-trek-figures/

For comparison, you can see a great pic of Kor here: http://www.gkmm.homepage.t-online.de/tos.htm (scroll down to wave 3)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I received my Star Trek IV (Voyage Home) Kirk and Spock 2-pack. They are really nice looking figures. Of course with his plastic shell robe, Spock's articulation below the waist doesn't do him any good, but it's nice that they didn't make him a salt-shaker.

They've done

TMP
    WOK
    VH

I really wanted to see the Klingons from SFS (Kruuge and Malz).

For FF, they could do Kirk and Spock in their SF hostage rescue uniforms for starters if they're so sure about sales for Kirk and Spock.

Undiscovered Country? Hmmm. They already have Kirk and Spock in the red uniforms. Spock in his black Vulcan robes is one possibility. Kirk with his Rhuepente Ice Planet Prison cloak on is an option. McCoy could come the same way, but I want to see Gorkin, Chang, Martia, and several of the interesting Prisoner Aliens.

Plus let's finish these movies, especially WOK since we're so far along!

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    That's weird about NFC, but I guess they were letting the other stores that had exclusives one dabble in that area? Pure speculation, of course, as I have no idea if EE was selling them either.
    Nobody else had much Trek, my guess is DST said they were carrying them as exclusives at the show (their signage claimed that).

Oh, a bit of related interesting info: on TrekToy it was revealed that NFC was lined up to have an exclusive TMP variant of the upcoming TWOK phaser, but Rick decided to drop it due to delays building up and it becoming financially riskier. Apparently it's still gonna come out, though, so it seems someone else picked it up.
    Damn, I don't like hearing that, it sounds like Rick is starting to see trouble on the horizon for his store. I should give him a call and find out what's up.

In other news, DST tossed up pics of TRU's third wave with Kang today, and he looks great. He should stand out from Kor if anybody already has him, as Kang really seems to have better paint apps, and his disruptor is the correct color. http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/0...-trek-figures/
    Dang, that skin color is hard to get past.

BTW, I dunno why I said 4 bills for the Captain's Chair, it's 27 bills.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wasn't sure what you meant either, but since NFC offers it at 2 grand, I thought maybe you were referring to 4x $500 "bills."

I think I was going for 4 digits out, x-thousand $x000

Well I ordered my Playmates Wave 2 figures in both sizes from New Force Comics, but there's no word on whether these will ever materialize. I sure hope so because I want multiples of some figures and I'll need to buy them in stores versus straight cases all from NewForce. But Rick over there is cool so he gets my order and the line gets its early support from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Well I ordered my Playmates Wave 2 figures in both sizes from New Force Comics, but there's no word on whether these will ever materialize. I sure hope so because I want multiples of some figures and I'll need to buy them in stores versus straight cases all from NewForce. But Rick over there is cool so he gets my order and the line gets its early support from me.
    I saw the link you posted those are cool figs Tycho. I hope they do show up at retail as I don't buy online like I use to.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]