Page 155 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1667
    I have no comment. I'm just upset. Not surprised, but disappointed. And I'm wishfully thinking.

At some point it might be therapeutic for me to list figures I wish I could buy from every Star Trek line.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well that sucks. I was really looking forward to getting the Salt Vampire. Hopefully another opportunity will come up.

Toys R Us sent me notice that my TOS Romulan order has been cancelled.

The product is "temporarily unavailable" as I tried to re-order it from their website.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, that's happened to a ton of people on TrekToy. No word on if the wave is canceled, although that seems unlikely. The general belief is over-ordering with Kang may have prompted them to check on the Romulan's order numbers.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Amazon had the ST2:TWOK phaser from DST for half price, $15, so I jumped on it. Showed up today, it's very nice. The handle is thicker than the Playmates one, and it's not blue but a silver paint. Play is cool, the type-1 phaser is held magnetically to the type-2 handle, pull it off and it is fully handheld like the original designs that never came to be seen. There are multiple buttons and lights, the phaser has 4 settings all varying on 4 red LEDs in the emitter and modifying the phaser sound heard in ST2. There's also a 'safety' non-firing setting (it tones once when the trigger is pressed here), and a few sounds for power up/down and even removal/replacement onto the handle. Finally, the phaser can be set to overload where the top lights pulse as it warms up and goes off, the sound is a transporter going into a few other sounds.

Oddities include: iridescent sticker strips along the sides; the phaser doesn't fire when the trigger is pressed but instead when the trigger is released; no try-me packaging; all the top lights are white LEDs.

All in all, not bad - very nice at $15, but perhaps hard to justify at $30. I think the colored LEDs on the ST1:TMP EE-exclusive version might look a little more dynamic, and the ST2 version has a sculpted button on the trigger that the TMP version doesn't have (the Playmates version didn't either, so I'm guessing the design changed between films).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

while shopping for food for Christmas dinner the other day spotted that BJ's had the Enterprise with bonus Kirk figure for $9.90. picked it up. they also 2 packs of the 6" figures for $5.90 each. not a bad time to stock up on the figures you missed
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

We don't have that store around here in San Diego.

I could use one more 6" Spock I think. Spock (or Uhura) are the hardest characters to get.

Does anyone have any hard evidence that the Playmates series 2 of movie figures (for 3" and 6") are cancelled for sure? This is the wave with the Delta Vega creatures and Sulu in his orbital skydive assault gear.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Amazon had the ST2:TWOK phaser from DST for half price, $15, so I jumped on it. Showed up today, it's very nice. The handle is thicker than the Playmates one, and it's not blue but a silver paint. Play is cool, the type-1 phaser is held magnetically to the type-2 handle, pull it off and it is fully handheld like the original designs that never came to be seen. There are multiple buttons and lights, the phaser has 4 settings all varying on 4 red LEDs in the emitter and modifying the phaser sound heard in ST2. There's also a 'safety' non-firing setting (it tones once when the trigger is pressed here), and a few sounds for power up/down and even removal/replacement onto the handle. Finally, the phaser can be set to overload where the top lights pulse as it warms up and goes off, the sound is a transporter going into a few other sounds.

Oddities include: iridescent sticker strips along the sides; the phaser doesn't fire when the trigger is pressed but instead when the trigger is released; no try-me packaging; all the top lights are white LEDs.

All in all, not bad - very nice at $15, but perhaps hard to justify at $30. I think the colored LEDs on the ST1:TMP EE-exclusive version might look a little more dynamic, and the ST2 version has a sculpted button on the trigger that the TMP version doesn't have (the Playmates version didn't either, so I'm guessing the design changed between films).

I bought this about a month ago and I love it. It looks exactly like whats in TWOK. Of the movie props DST has built that I own, I think this one is the best. My only complaint with it, is that the indicator lights are brighter than the phaser beam lights, but not by a whole lot. I didn't get as good of a deal on it. I bought mine from BBTS for $25, which is OK I guess. I'll probably get TMP version when it comes out.

Haw! I totally know what you mean about the lights, I was messing with it in the dark just before bed last night and those indicators are WAY brighter, like enough to be a flashlight.

I was looking at photos of the one in the film, it has little diagonal cuts along the side where this has the iridescent strips, and is darker and bluer in color, but is otherwise quite good. There aren't many photos of course, and the one Kirk uses is different from the one Terrell uses, but what can ya do?

I also was looking at the pics I took of the one at the Star Trek The Tour show last year, but it's clearly the TMP phaser by the colored lights on the top and the bump rather than cylinder trigger button. Still, the rest of the body is very similar to the WOK phaser toy. The Playmates one is also surprisingly accurate, though the handle on it is smaller and it has that belt hook on 1 side (it's heavier than the DST one though).

The removable type-1 phaser I was expecting to be lame, but it's much better in the hand than expected. It's bigger than the TNG version, about the same size but a little taller than the TOS version. It's cool to see evolution here from TOS to this to the TNG version, there's a clear progression Roddenberry had in mind.

BTW, speaking of this thing yet again, I just checked, Amazon has it for $19.99 right now, that's a worthy price. I have Amazon Prime so I get free shipping, that's what makes it all work.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got the TOS Tricorder for xmas. If it had been $30 instead of $40 from the get-go, I wouldn't have waited so long. Then Amazon had it for $26, so everybody wins. It's nice but very hollow-plastic feeling too which keeps it from "feeling" like a replica even though it absolutely looks it. It has a bunch of Spock lines, and tricorder sound effects with a spinning moire wheel inside. The screen lights up, but doesn't change. There's also a button to "hail" the tricorder a little later where it either gets attacked or just finds something. I do like the Spock lines, they're almost uniformly clear and solid, but I wish there were a few more tricorder sound effects going on to balance that out. The straps are adjustable in an unusual way but it works well. The lid flips open to turn the lights and sounds on, there's a door beneath which opens to reveal faux data tapes (it's a single panel) and the spinning moire. And below that is a larger door which hinges out, it's supposed to only hinge out about 30 degrees but the stops aren't very effective so it often goes well past which doesn't look so nice. Inside are the removable hand scanner which I'll get to in a moment, and 2 more racks of "data tape" panels. This panel hinges open to reveal the try-me/power switch and the battery hatch, and without care it's quite easy to remove the panel accidentally.

Finally, the hand scanner is a small cylinder with rumply grip-style rubber and a very obvious on-off switch. Hit the switch and a small LED in the end cycles between red, blue, green, and then combinations of them, first cycling in fading in and out, then blinking between them, alternating back and forth. The switch as mentioned is too obvious, but the build quality also shows seams too much, the rubber grip on mine is cut unevenly, and the battery hatch is too obvious; oh, and it rattles around loose inside the tricorder. I definitely wish they had included the medical scanner from the EE-exclusive instead, that thing rules.

All in all, this is a keen set but as usual the MSRP is stupid-high. There are some flaws, but none really damn it. It's a great-looking item and pretty much will satisfy any need for a prop replica, yet it's still got playability. It is too lightweight though, and the hand scanner doesn't deliver as well as the rest, but overall it's another win for DST/AA Trek Tech.