Page 165 of 168 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1680
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I received my Kruge disruptor yesterday. Here are some pics and thoughts. It measures almost 17" long, which I think is around what the original prop was. When you have it in hand, it feels light, more like a toy than a real weapon, but the actual prop was probably the same way. It has some decent weathering painted onto it, which keeps it from looking like a toy. When you pick it up and fire, its just really neat. My daughters an I were having all kinds of fun with this last night. The lights and sound effects are pretty much what you saw in the videos. A little underwhelming, but I don't know if they could have really done much more. The actualy prop doesn't have much of anything in the way of lights. It has a selector switch on the back for single shot, rapid fire, or disintegrate. It makes a very audible noise when moved. I didn't take a pic of it, but the top of the gun comes off to reveal the battery compartment. Its actually a neat way to hide it and it also leaves things open for maybe making the rifle portion of it in the future. I think its something you actually have to have in hand to really appreciate. I do recommend it, but I still think $60 is kinda steep for it.
    Great review, thanks. Kind of disappointing to hear the vid was accurate, I'll have to watch it again but I think this is a big pass for me, at the very least that naked LED and those seam lines coupled with those effects at this price are out of touch for what I can accept for that much coin, that's almost as much as a resin prop replica.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I guess I have little desire for role-play Trek unless I decide to put together a costume.

I am mostly on the non-enthusiast side for replica ships, too. There are several things I want to do however- some with MicroMachine Trek fighting a Borg Cube (Playmates) if I dig up some deals on the old school stuff. But I can't afford that right now. This would be years down the road.

I am very interested in Trek action figures at the 7" scale (ArtAsylum / Diamond) as the title of this thread focuses on and have a list of the action figures I wish were made, as well as an interest in discussing the figures they are releasing.

That being said, my update on the Spock with Horta diorama set I ordered says it won't be charged and shippped until May now.

This does not bode well with me, as although I am not patronizing the Kirk Vs Khan set (which doesn't lend the cash to my cause), I am really interested in more Trek figures from this scale, especially ones never made before. McCoy with the Salt Vampire at long last would be one of the first no-brainers.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Great review, thanks. Kind of disappointing to hear the vid was accurate, I'll have to watch it again but I think this is a big pass for me, at the very least that naked LED and those seam lines coupled with those effects at this price are out of touch for what I can accept for that much coin, that's almost as much as a resin prop replica.
    You might be able to pick it up cheaper at a later date. I think I'm going to do this with the other disruptor coming out since I splurged on this one.

I wish there was more coming out in the way of Trek figures. The salt vampire was a major want for me. Art Asylum/Diamond made some really cool figures in the past.

I ordered the Klingon Bird of Prey from Redfordfilms.com. They had a 15% off Memorial Day sale plus free shipping, so I decided to get it. It looks pretty nice from the pics and vids I've seen. Hopefully it wont disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I ordered the Klingon Bird of Prey from Redfordfilms.com. They had a 15% off Memorial Day sale plus free shipping, so I decided to get it. It looks pretty nice from the pics and vids I've seen. Hopefully it wont disappoint.
    Nice get! If only I had read this sooner. Did you get the exclusive?

I hope they'll have it at Comic-Con.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They delivered this today and I gotta say, this is one of the best ships DST has made. I got the regular, non exclusive, version. I saw vids of the exclusive version and I didn't like the transluscent plastic very much. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Cool. I'd like to see the pics.

Has anyone heard anything about the Spock vs. Horta figure set shipping? It was supposed to come out in May.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Here's some pics of the Bird of Prey I got a few days ago. I tried to get as much of the details and light effects as I could. I think this is just an awesome ship. There's so many good things to say about it.

-For starters, the ship is nicely detailed. As far as I can tell, its pretty close to the actual model they used.
    -The paint job is nicely done too. The basic paint scheme itself is done well. I really like how well they painted the red wings on the underside. They also gave it a dirty wash to make it not look like a toy.
    -The wings lock into three positions and they lock in very solidly. You can grab it by the wing and it will not pop out of place. There have been complaints of the wings breaking off and I can see this easily happening, so you need to take care when moving them.
    -The sound effects are loud and clear.
    -The LEDs, especially on the disruptors and photon tube, are very bright. You can use them as a flashlight if you really want.
    -Its just all around built very solidly. There is nothing loose or rattly about it.

On the slightly negative side.......

-The voice is of General Chang. I'd of preferred Kruge, but its not that big of deal.
    -No landing gear. Odds are you're going to display it on the stand, so again no big deal.
    -It'd be nice to have a seperate button for the voices and sound effects.

If your into ST ships, I highly recommend this. You won't be disappointed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 006.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	27534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 008.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	27535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 009.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	27536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 010.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	27537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 011.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	27538  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 013.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	27539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 014.jpg 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	27540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 016.jpg 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	27541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 017.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	27542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 018.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	27543  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 019.jpg 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	27544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 020.jpg 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	27545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 021.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	27546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czbp 022.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	27547  

Kruge's ship is the exclusive, so it doesn't surprise me that there's Chang's voice instead.

Surprised to hear it's solid yet there are complaints about the wings breaking off, can you explain more on that?

So, now that you have the piece, would you recommend this over the upcoming HMS Bounty version supposedly coming?

I think on some of the ships the wings lock in tighter than others(no problem on mine). The locking mechanism is basically the silver and black part of the ship. On the ones that are tighter, I can see somebody moving the wing and thinking it'll give and basically breaking off the whole mechanism. From what I've heard, this is not a widespread problem. I was only giving a heads up to people that this could be a problem.

As far as the HMS Bounty goes, its supposed to come with the landing gear. If you really want the landing gear, then maybe wait. If not, than I'd go with this one.