Page 22 of 167 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Re: Star Trek figures (merged)

I just want the Klingon and the Salt Vampire since Playmates never did these and they'll look great (as well as different) in my Star Trek Collection.

However, I might be able to pose the Orion Slave Girl figure with my Enterprise figures if all stays the same for this evening's new Star Trek episode!

Orion slave girls...yum!!!

Anyway, the Gorn and Kirk? I have this set up with my Playmates stuff. I'm debating it, but perhaps I will get Kirk and use him in a different scene.

Not sure yet.

He looks good - just like ArtAsylum builds 'em!

Kirk didnt get too beat up in the episode so i wonder how different it'll look. I wonder if he'll come with that stick or the cannon he made. Haha!

The Klingon figure looks to be Koor from "Erand of Mercy" I'm gonna be doing headswaps on him to make extra Klingons.

The Salt Vampire and Vina the Orion Slave Girl are must haves. Now we need a Captain Christopher Pike to go along with Vina!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Are there any finished pictures of the Salt Vampire or the Klingon?

Yep, it looks like there's photos over here. All of these look great... I'm really excited to be getting that Salt Vampire!
    plasticfetish.net

What's funny about those photos is that I believe SirSteve shot them for figures.com, making this the absolute most Star Trek he's ever seen. He doesn't even know what the Enterprise is!

Glad to see AA hasn't given up on ships, but I wish they had tackled the Excelsior or Reliant first to go along with the Ent-A.

I think that Klingon is going to be coming home to duke it out with my yellow-shirt Kirk figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I think that Klingon is going to be coming home to duke it out with my yellow-shirt Kirk figure.
    For some crazy reason, I thought this next wave was going to have a yellow shirt Kirk in it also. (Maybe I misunderstood.) Looks like it's going to be a re-release of the green shirt...
    plasticfetish.net

With the exception of Klingon Cmdr. Kor who looks AWESOME, I think these figures are slightly below AA's Par. That's first impression. Part of it is that with the Orion Slave Girl (Vena) being mostly naked, her joints are hard to cover up. I almost prefer "naked girl" figures to have less articulation so that they look more human and less Android.

The Gorn is cool but the Salt Vampire is almost a jewell. It's actually more fake-looking than the one in the episode (I just watched that show). However, it's also just plain cool to be getting it in the first place - so I'm definitely a purchaser here!

When can we buy these?

I've always seen AA's Star Trek figures at Media Play, Suncoast, Gamestop. Typically they run between $9.99-12.99. Not a bad price.

JT, I would have liked to see the Excelsior or Reliant before the Enterprise E -but thats ok, I'll get it anyways. Lets hope they get back to the other 2.

plasticfetish, It WAS originally supposed to be a yellow shirt Kirk. Now its supposed to be a battle damaged (?) yellow Kirk. I think they were displaying the Green shirt Kirk because thats what they had onhand.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Art Asylum's ships:

Enterprise: NX-01

TOS: 1701-A (movies technically)

TNG: 1701-E (movies technically)

I figure

DS9: USS Defiant

Voyager: USS Voyager

are next. (I hope).

Then:

Enterprise: (what would you like to see?)

TOS: 1701 - original from the TV series (I hope)

TNG: 1701-D

DS9: lots of possibilities here. A Dominion Cruiser would be interesting though

Voyager: Delta Flyer? (or what would you like to see here?)

Just do a second wave - your TOP priority.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    For some crazy reason, I thought this next wave was going to have a yellow shirt Kirk in it also. (Maybe I misunderstood.) Looks like it's going to be a re-release of the green shirt...
    Originally, this wave was going to have yellow-shirt Kirk, but he got cut to make for the battle-damaged Kirk instead.

Since I already own the yellow-shirt Kirk from the convetion exclusive, that's how I was going to have the Klingon fight said Kirk. As it is now, my guy only has an "Enterprise"-era Klingon to fight, and he doesn't even recognize him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I figure

DS9: USS Defiant

Voyager: USS Voyager

are next. (I hope).
    I really hope NOT. Playmates did a pretty good job with the Defiant, if AA is going to stay in scale with the NX-01 ship (the 1701-A is in scale with it), then the Defiant would be slightly smaller than the Enterprise-A's saucer section. If they do go this route, at least also include an in-scale Runabout.

As for Voyager, not only did Playmates do a decent version, but I think it's an ugly ship and comes from a show that wasn't very good and not worthy of being released before a proper Excelsior (which has never been done, the Playmates version is actually the Ent-B which is somewhat different).

As for what else I'd like to see...

Enterprise: Nothing. If they have to do something, the Vulcan cruiser.
    TOS/Movies: Excelsior, Reliant, Spacedock, Grissom, Klingon Bird of Prey with movable wings, Klingon D-7, Enterprise (TOS)
    TNG-era: USS Stargazer, Ferengi Marauder, a proper Romulan BOP, Nebula-class starship with 2 swappable versions of weapons pod, Ambassador-class (Ent-C), Soyuz-class, Akira-class, saucer-separating 1701-D, Romulan Scout Ship
    DS9: Galor-class Cardassian ship, Runabout, Jem Hedar ship, Jem Hedar cruiser
    Voyager: Prometheus, Prometheus, Prometheus... um, Delta Flyer, Maquis Raider

Shuttles: TOS Galileo, TMP Vulcan Warp Shuttle, ST5 Galileo, movie-era Travel Pod, Workbee, Sphinx workpod, Spacedock shuttle, TNG Type-6, VOY Type-8, TNG Type-15 Shuttlepod, DS9 Defiant Type-18 Shuttlepod, ENT Shuttlepod, Delta Flyer (again), VOY Type-9, DS9 Ferengi Shuttle, DS9 Romulan Shuttle, TNG Captain's Yacht (removable from the 1701-D tho'), DS9 Bajoran Fighter
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.