Page 25 of 168 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Re: Star Trek figures (merged)

I'm buying the "Trials and Tribbleations" figures for sure. Then I'm getting extra to make custom officers!

The "Trials" O'Brien you could fit easily. It shouldne be too hand to make up some filler piece to place between the shirt and figure to make him a 'belly'

I'm gonna make customs of Kor when they release him. Have a few extra Klingons!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'm an Original Series fan all the way -so ALL these figures are great for me! I hope the "Trials and Tribbleations" figures come with Tribbles! *

* Because I dont feel like waiting for Art Aslum to do so -I started customizing my OWN Tribbles. They look great!

I'm also a fan of DS9 and I'm not happy about this move. It seems like they're just doing it to recycle their TOS figure bodies again rather than create something totally new. It also is from a 1-shot silly episode that, while entertaining, is totally the opposite of what the series was about and thus these figures will be "anti-iconic", if you will. Anti-iconic will also mean less sales, casual fans won't recognize these, and even hardcore fans will question the interest in buying them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree JT. Not good for the line especially since AA cant seem to get them out in stores very well -even though I will be buying many of them. It would have been better if they finished the TNG movie figure 1st -then went to DS9.

I'm also gonna do a custom Captain Sisko from DS9 using the Nemisis Picard body and "Trials" Sisko head.

Customizing won't work as well as it should....from tallest to shortest:

Captain Benjamin Sisko
    Commander Jadzia Dax
    Chief Miles O'Brien
    Commander Data
    Dr. Julian Bashir
    Captain Picard

Alternatively

Captain Benjamin Sisko
    Commander Spock
    Commander Jadzia Dax
    Chief Miles O'Brien
    Ensign Pavel Chekov
    Dr. Leonard McCoy
    Cmdr. Montgomery Scott
    Captain Jim Kirk
    Lt. Nyota Uhura
    Dr. Julian Bashir
    Lt. Cmdr. Hikaru Sulu

AA would be best off repainting Sulu for Bashir, though Sulu's more muscular and stockier. McCoy's body would be too tall.

Spock's body to Sisko, but Spock would be too thin.

Jadzia is just way taller than Nyota! -and there's no other mold.

Chekov might make an OK repaint for O'Brien, but O'Brien wished he had Pavel's abs. A beer belly should be added here.

Still, what will AA probably do?

Make Scotty turn into O'Brien
    Make Uhura turn into Dax
    Make Kirk or Chekov turn into Sisko (way too short!)
    Make McCoy turn into Bashir (way too tall!)

Sad but true. If AA was in financially great shape and these were selling, I'd demand new body sculpts to be more accurate. But I think they're counting on us taking what we get...and we all just might.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

SO if I'm reading this correctly -from what they had posted on Figures.com.

DS9 "Trials and Tribbleations" Sisko, Dax, O'Brien, and Brashir was coming out in May/June but will be distributed by Diamond? Is that right JT?

Then Kirk, Vina, Kor and the Gorn should out pretty soon then.

I read the article you were refering to, that's how it reads to me as well. I don't believe they'll actually make the June date though, Paramount still hasn't signed off on 'em.

BTW, I had no idea Jeff over there was so ignorant of Trek, I should have stepped in and helped out.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks JT, I dont think they'll make the June date either.

The only thing AA seems to get out in stores are Marvel Minimates. We only seem to get mixed information from them and a website that is YEARS behind.

I remember when AA got bought and promised things wouldn't be different, then slowly they slid into the crapzone we're now trapped in, I suspect the problem is that AA doesn't actually exist anymore, it's just Digger as a sorta "executive producer" role.

I'm rather surprised they didn't just display a thrown-in towel at Toy Fair.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"