Page 26 of 168 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Re: Star Trek figures (merged)

I'm afraid that JT and LTBasker said it right. Well -it may go on a little longer but at least we got the full Original Series crew! So I'm happy. If they go under we'll see a big ol report on business management -that should be interesting.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

They don't even finish what they start. They might've finished the TOS Crew, but:

Ent. Broken Bow Hoshi
    Ent. Broken Bow Phlox

Ent. EV Suit Reed
    Ent. EV Suit Mayweather

Ent. Deluxe Mayweather w. Pilot Station

Ent. Alien Savaal
    Ent. Alien Xindi Reptile
    Ent. Alien Xindi Aquatic
    Ent. Alien Andorian female

TOS Mirror Universe Uhura
    TOS Mirror Universe McCoy
    TOS Mirror Universe Sulu
    TOS Mirror Universe Chekov

TOS Alien Rock the Android
    TOS Alien Elaan of Trois
    TOS Alien M-113 Salt Vampire
    TOS Alien Kang

TOS Bridge Playset

TNG Nemesis Worf (rumor granted)
    TNG Nemesis Riker (rumor granted)
    TNG Nemesis Troi
    TNG Nemeiss LaForge
    TNG Nemesis Crusher
    TNG Nemesis Reman Warrior
    TNG Nemesis Romulan Commander
    TNG Nemesis Romulan Warrior

DS9 Trials / Tribulations Worf
    DS9 Trials / Tribulations Odo
    DS9/TOS Trials /Tribulations Koloth

DS9 Sisko
    DS9 Kira
    DS9 Odo
    DS9 Bashir
    DS9 O'Brien
    DS9 Dax (Jadzia)
    DS9 Dax (Ezri)
    DS9 Quark
    DS9 Dukat
    DS9 Garack
    DS9 Martok
    DS9 Jem Hadar
    DS9 Weyoun (Vorta)
    DS9 Founder

Uh, I could go on about DS9 forever (my favorite Star Trek, so I'll stop here...)

True Tycho, they havnt finished what they've started. BUT...

NewForceComics.com is saying that Series 3 is on the way to them right now, needing to clear customs. So it shouldnt be long before they arrive in stores (fingers crossed). Hard to say if this will be AAs last Trek line or not.

Here's the scoop on the availability of the DS9 "Trials and Tribbleations" figures....

Captail Sisko (Tower Exclusive also at TowerRecords.com)
    Chief Miles O'Brien (NewForceComics.com Exclusive)
    Dr. Julian Bashir (Musicland, Media Play and Sam Goody Exclusive)
    and Jadzia Dax (ActionFigureXpress.com Exlcusive)

Each will have Classic Trek accessories and a Tribble! (I wonder if the Tribble will match the custom Tribbles I already made for my Classic figures?)

Well, well. Classic Star Trek Series 3 had finally made it to retial. I'm astonished! I was starting to think Art Asylum had drove itself into the mud. My local Media Play and Suncoast stores have stocked all 4 figures for $12.99, which includes Battle Ravaged Captain Kirk, Vina the Orion Slave Girl, Kor the Klingon and the GORN! And I have to tell ya -they look great! AA did a fantastic job!

On the back of the package it shows the figures including how to do a Kirk-Style Smackdown! How true! Theres also a picture of the Enterprise E and Captain Picard. Lets see how long it takes AA to get that into stores. Another year maybe?

Here's a great deal! I just picked up Classic Series 3 at Suncoast -who is now having a 25% ALL action figures sale, and I was able to get all 4 new figures for $9-something a piece! I'll chime in later with a review!

"I will be merciful, and quick...." Yes, here is my 1st review of THE GORN!!! Art Asylum's cool (and loooong overdue) Classic Star Trek Series 3!

Likeness: Its spot on! Looks just as in the Original Series episode "Arena." No faults here!

Sculpt/Paint/Detail: Details are not usually an issue with AA's figures. The Gorn just looks amazing. The green skin has a good texture to it, the head sculpt is great. The eyes and mouth very well done. Paint application is good as well -nothing sloply done on mine. The skin has a nice dark wash over it so it doenst appear bland. Nicely done around his toes and the back of his head. His tunic is sculpted on and the lower skirt part is rubber -which joins at the belt. No sloppy application marks on my figure. The design on his tunic is very well done also -front, back, colar, everywhere.

Articulation: The Gorn has 15 points of articulation including ball joint shoulders, hips and head. Theres a neat 2nd ball joint right below his hips to help the articulation. Good idea because the figure has big legs. Also at his elbows, wrists, ankles, and knees. Unfortunatly no waist or bicep articulation -so his arms are kinda limited in movement (kind of like the actor in the suit!)

Accessories: My favorite catagory! The Gorn comes with a Universal Translator -kind of a capsul looking thing (gotta love those prop makers in the 70s!) and his dagger. Thats it! Both the translator and dagger fit well into his gripping (right) hand. His left is kind a neutral hand. The translator seems like it could fit somewhere on him, but I cant for the life of me figure out where? I'm supprised he didnt come with that big tree branch he broke off or that canon that Kirk made and shot him with

OVERALL: As unpredictible as Art Asylum is, ths figure is pretty incredible! He can still be displayed a number of ways and he's just a little bigger than the standard Trek figures. I'll have to give him an A.
    Last edited by Jayspawn; 05-05-2005 at 01:12 AM.

Ooh yeah, I'm looking forward to the Gorn in particular. Nice review! Now I'm all excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    (gotta love those prop makers in the 70s!)
    ...or the '60s.

-----

Found wave two of the Johnny Lightning Trek stuff today. Picked up the cloaked Klingon cruiser, Enterprise NCC-1701 (refit) and a "battle damage" NCC-1701 for the kid.
    plasticfetish.net

"A Vulcan, do you also have a tounge?" Here is part 2 of my review of Series 3 and this one being of Kor the Klingon!

Likeness: I have to say that I like Original Series Klingons better than the traditional ones. Kor the Klingon looks menacing -just as he was played by John Colicos in the episode "Errand of Mercy". Perfect likeness of the character.

Sculpt/Paint/Detail: Have to stand up and clap for Ary Asylum again. The sculpting is done and wow! Not really anything could be done better. The paint job is great as well. The detail in the lines on his vest and his pants -both have a nice wash on them, which brings out the textures on both. Kor is also wearing some shiny high boots and the Original Series Klingon sash made of rubber and painted gold just as in the series.

Articulation: Kor has 14 points of articulation. Head, ball joint shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, standard leg joints, knees and ankles. 14 is a good number. Really all he needs although bicep joints are always a plus.

Accessories: Kor comes with a Klingon Dagger and a Original Series Disruptor. Both of his hands are made for both accessories. Left had for the disruptor and right for the dagger. His belt also has a non-obstructive holster for his disruptor, which fits into well. Of course he aslo comes with one of those AA chips that we all collect for some reason.

OVERALL: Kor is great toy and action figure. Definatly worth picking up. The only thing that would have made it better is if he came with interchangable Klingon heads, maybe Koloth (my favorite) or random Klingon Warriors -but because they made only Kor this time, I'll have to give him an A.
    Last edited by Jayspawn; 05-05-2005 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Found wave two of the Johnny Lightning Trek stuff today. Picked up the cloaked Klingon cruiser, Enterprise NCC-1701 (refit) and a "battle damage" NCC-1701 for the kid.
    If the Klingon cruiser was cloaked how did you find it?

I haven't seen JL series 2 so I'll have to check for them. I haven't bought ST micros since Galoob had the license.

I did see the figures Jayspawn mentioned but I'm not that crazy about TOS. They looked nicely done so I wouldn't mind getting TNG figures if they make them. The cardbacks advertise the Enterprise 1701D with Picard's voice so are TNG figures planned?