Page 30 of 168 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Re: Star Trek figures (merged)

True, but they may as well do him. They need the sales, I doubt they want to put faith in something like a line of Troi and Geordi or something like that so early into it. No doubt the third line will be Data and someone else, maybe Crusher? Then they could do Geordi and possibly Yar or Q.

Think they'll eventually do Ro Laren, Katherine Pulaski and Wesley? They could easily do TNG McCoy and Scotty with a bit of retooling.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What do ya think JT? Think we'll at least get Locutus in the Picard line? Ay least we'd get a whole new sculpt. I hope we get Picard in his Captain's cest from "First Contact"

What if they did an All Borg series (Queen, Locutus, Seven, and Drones)???

They might do those others LTBasker, if they do a line of "Officers" Scotty in TNG is essentially wearing his movie Enguineering outfit with the exception of the combadge. I'd buy one.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I honestly have no idea at this point, AA seems to be in a shambles and can't get product to market in a timely fashion anymore, and they throw the oddest variations out when they do - Geezer Riker & Worf?!? They shouldn't be cranking out 5 variations on each of the 2 characters per wave, they should be getting out more main characters before interest totally dries up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What's with the DS9 TOS style figures? So far I know of only Sisko who's been released but the rest seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth in light of these TNG figures. Are they going through development hell like the third TOS wave?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

LTBaster, the Dax and O'Brien have been released already. A friend got them for me at SDCC -they're awesome! NewForceComics.com is offering them in a set of 3 w/ Sisko (the only one I dont have). Bashir is supposed to be a Suncoast/Media Play Exclusive but hes not made it to any stores yet. TowerRecords.com has Sisko, Dax and O'Brien in stock for $11.99 each with low shipping.

I'm hearing a rumor now that we're going to get an Exclusive Picard in Captain's Vest with the upcoming Picard and Troi wave. Its hasnt been handed out yet but I think we can bet this is from "First Contact"

Well, well, well. Looks like Diamond Select has taken over the Star Trek license from Art Asylum. Apparently AA has relinquished their rights -good. Diamond Select will be marketing and producing MiniMates, action figures, statues, role play and ships!!! This is all great news to hear! AA will manufacture the items but Diamond will be in charge.

Isn't it just that AA will continue to manufacture the same things, but now Diamond is in charge of disribution? I thought (from what I'd overheard at Comic-Con... and honestly I didn't hear much) that the idea was to focus on "specialty" retailers, allowing Diamond to pick and choose who will get various items.

...that is unless some other bit of cryptic AA info has surfaced now.

I think part of the reason (and I hope I'm right) Diamond Select is taking over Trek from AA is partly becuase AA cant deliver the product. They always have production problems and immense delays. And its frusterating.

Diamond Select has the means, thats why we're going to get a broader range of products this next year.

I wonder what this means for the Worf/Riker and Troi/Picard sets. Probably more exclusives.

What do you think JT?

Diamond Select is taking over distribution and letting AA continue the design: http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ticle=401&nl=1

Honestly though, it's only a matter of time before DST is done with AA and moves design over to their own clowns. Also, DST is barely capable of distribution to their own rag-tag band of speciality retailers, there's no way they're gonna be able to move beyond that into mass-retail distribution. I can only hope that DST gets their stuff together and rereleases more than just the Phaser (though that was a good idea), there's the TOS figures, the 1701-A, and even the minimates which still could have interest if DST only used it wisely. AA barely exists, they're dragging the license down, but DST is not the best route to save it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ahh, well there you go. That's not too cryptic (a little maybe)... "to tighten and expand marketing and distribution." Huh?

So Diamond did "take over" the license, which means very little I suppose. We can continue to have only a vague idea of what's going on with the Trek lines, but now we won't hear what's going on from someone else.

-----

So JT, you've heard/read that DST wants to push this stuff back into mass retail? I'd assumed that they would just continue to shoot for comic-book shops and places like Suncoast and Tower Records.