Page 31 of 168 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Re: Star Trek figures (merged)

I odnt know much about Diamons Select. I only really care if they are able to actually get product released, however its done.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I didn't hear any plans to get it back into mass retail, but honestly, that's pretty much the main focus of most toymakers, the line will live or die in mass retail whereas in specialty it'll do a lot more of the latter.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I picked up "Trials & Tribbleations" Benjamin Sisko at Tower Records today. They had a few O'Briens also. They were both $11.99.

My Media Play finally got in Bashir also, he was $14.99.

Woah! Had a little bit of a scare this morning. I was doing some organizing and somehow dropped my Enterprise A. And it quit working! Luckily its working again after I opened up and moved the batteries around. *sigh*

That is exactly why I want to get a backup one! I would hate if that happened to mine, I'd probably cry like a little girl.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Shouldnt the Enterprise E be shipping soon? I'm afraid to go to Art Asylum's website.

Their site is entirely hopeless and hasn't been updated in some time, their forums have been moved off-site. What I've found out is that the Trek license is now in Diamond Select Toys' hands, and that they are working with Art Asylum to produce this item. Here's the news with some boxed and loose photos of the finished product: http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/news/12-19-05.asp

IMO, the box is ugly, as is the stand, but the ship itself looks very good (even if the paint does seem a tad more garish than I was expecting). DST says the nacelles are permanently attached to this ship, so that means the problems from the NX-01 and even the 1701-A won't exist, and why the box is so much longer.

The release date *has* been pushed back, apparently DST hasn't been able to get them out of the factory and onto the boats yet, so February at least.

BTW, they had photos of the Worf figures, they look awful, the head sculpt was soft to begin with, but now with the paint (which looks like DST's hand) it's unrecognizable, and the body is far shoddier than before. DST is the death of toy lines, this company needs to get help FAST.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 01-04-2006 at 02:54 PM.

I was able to pick up a Julian Bashir figure at my local Media Play store at 50% off since the entire chain is closing. Now I have ALL the TOS figures! If only I could make my custom Tribbles faster.

Hey! It looks like LaForge and Data are next in line after Worf and Riker are done. Apparently those 2 will be hitting stores soon. So we'll see how they came out.

Are any of the Worf's and Riker's hitting stores? I'd love to get my hands on them.

Where are they shipping to?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.