Page 38 of 168 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, they did a lot of great shots in that film but they didn't pay close attention to the scale between the Enterprise and the Defiant, nor the Enterprise and the Borg Cube (the cube is also too small compared to the Ent-E).
    The Borg Cube I noticed was quite small compared to what had been established in the show. Perhaps they were trying to downplay the threat that the Cube posed by not making it dwarf the Enterprise. I remember seeing the Cube for the first time in "Q Who?"...that made the 1701-D look like the size (questionable as it may be) of the Defiant.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    JT, I agree with you sort of.

The Falcon is sort of 3 decks, if you count crawl spaces: the smuggling compartments, the below-floor-pannel engineering pits (like where Han and Chewbacca are always fixing things), and the gun turrets. OK - they aren't really "decks," but...
    If you count crawlspaces and the like on the Falcon, then the Defiant is probably 10 decks at least. But you don't count crawlspaces for a very good reason.

Also as far as the Falcon's full crew (if Han could afford hiring the extra help):

A pilot, co-pilot, navigator, communications officer, engineer, 2 gunners, perhaps more engineers - that's at least 7, though Han and Chewie are well-practiced at doing all the work themselves.
    Ok, I'll give you the 4 bridge crew, I'll give you the 2 gunners, and I'll even give you a mechanic, we saw almost that many in ROTJ when Lando was flying the ship. But that's it, I don't think the ship can really hold 10 or more people for long stretches of time whereas the Defiant isn't that comfortable but does have crew quarters and facilities for everybody there.

The Defiant's minimal crew being like 47 or so, is obviously bigger, though quarters are arranged bunk-style. However, Archer's NX was 87 or close to 90, so it had to be much larger. Kirk's ship could carry 300-500, while Picard's over 1,000 (the "D"). My opinion is that while the Defiant is larger than the Falcon, it is smaller than the saucer of the NX or 1701.
    Ah, but you're neglecting to take into account the fact that all the other ships, including the NX-01, had external warp engines which are huge, the Defiant keeps its warp engines in the main hull and that take up a lot of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord
    The Borg Cube I noticed was quite small compared to what had been established in the show. Perhaps they were trying to downplay the threat that the Cube posed by not making it dwarf the Enterprise. I remember seeing the Cube for the first time in "Q Who?"...that made the 1701-D look like the size (questionable as it may be) of the Defiant.
    Very possible that was what they were going for in FC.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    If you count crawlspaces and the like on the Falcon, then the Defiant is probably 10 decks at least. But you don't count crawlspaces for a very good reason.
    OK, then they are False Decks, not True Decks.

Ok, I'll give you the 4 bridge crew, I'll give you the 2 gunners, and I'll even give you a mechanic, we saw almost that many in ROTJ when Lando was flying the ship. But that's it, I don't think the ship can really hold 10 or more people for long stretches of time whereas the Defiant isn't that comfortable but does have crew quarters and facilities for everybody there.
    Weren't they lucky the DEFIANT'S crew never got stuck in the Delta Quadrant? Chakotay was even luckier that Janeway came along with Voyager!

Ah, but you're neglecting to take into account the fact that all the other ships, including the NX-01, had external warp engines which are huge, the Defiant keeps its warp engines in the main hull and that take up a lot of space.
    Great point!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Woohoo!!!! Another NEW Trek Exclusive avalable at SDCC!......

Lt. Marlena Moreau! from "Mirror, Mirror"

Here's the link w/ picture...

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ticle=472&nl=1
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Sorry to give a certain site a web hit. However, I do like that figure!

Mmmm. Yum.

"Calm down Tycho. It's only plastic."

"Yes, but I wonder what it smells like."

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Sorry to give a certain site a web hit...
    There's also a photo >> here.

That's a great looking figure. Hope I can make it down to San Diego.
    plasticfetish.net

I got my 1701-E today and my Nemesis Worf 2-pack (shipped in separate boxes containing one figure each - but the whole thing came in one large UPS box).

Worf looks good. I have no intention of opening him in the present. He comes with that bazooka weapon he used in Insurrection as well as a standard SF phaser rifle he uses in Nemesis and on various episodes of DS9.

I'm going to use one of him with a group from Nemesis and one with a DS9 crew in regular uniforms that I hope they'll eventually make.

The 1701-E. Hmmmm.

I love the stand. Very sturdy.

I think the sound effects are cool and well-chosen.

The ship is on display with my other 2 Art Asylum ships (the NX and 1701-A).

It is "the longest" of them all, but also scaled the smallest.

I like the 1701-A (Kirk's ship from the movies) the best out of the 3 of them. The "E" is possibly nicer than the NX, but the "A" stands out above the others for sure.

I'll agree that the 1701-A is the finest of the lot, but I'm not entirely sure the NX-01 is lesser than the E, it's not that I prefer the NX to the E, just that I think the deco and lighting may be at least as good.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The base for the Ent E is the best by far. The Ent A is my favorite but the base stinks. Mine is starting to crack at the base because of the weight of the ship. The bases need to be more sturdy. I'm not thrilled about the Classic Enterprise getting an old base either.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The 1701-E is the only one I'm using the base with, the others I have displayed loose (the 1701-A is right here on top of my computer mini-tower).