Page 42 of 167 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Playmates did make Kirk from A Piece of the Action as a ToyFare Exclusive. He's a great figure but he doesnt come with any guns or a hat.

I got creative a few years ago and customized my own Playmates-Style Captain Spock and Captain Sulu in their movie uniforms. I never got around to making McCoy and I brainstormed how to make Uhura but never came to.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'd look at your pictures of these figures if you have any to post.

Nice!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I took a few pictures but the file sizes are tooo big and I'm unable to get them down (how do I do that?).
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I resize images in a psuedo Photoshop program that came for free with my Cannon scanner (PhotoStudio 2000). They have an image size edit along with all the layers, sharpeners, paint tools, etc. that traditional Photoshop has.

If you don't have any programs like this (try using MS Paint though, but resave the file as a jpeg when you're done) you can e-mail the photos to me and I'll resize them for you.

I think they need to be a max of 500x500 pixels to be allowed to be posted here on SSG.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The max is now 800x800 and 78k, if the file is 78k but larger than 800 it'll shrink it down for you.

Here's the free image editor I suggest to everybody: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...902#post353902
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The local Suncoast got in a case of the boxed Captain Pike in his command chair. Diamond Select Toys did a pretty good job on the figure, but I can't remember what the guy looked like so I can't comment on the likeness. Pike was only in the TOS pilot right? Anyway, the price was exorbitantly high - something like $25-30.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

(Yeah... just the pilot... pretty much.)

Mmmm, $30 is kind of high for that. I saw the Kirk+chair figure yesterday, and wasn't too impressed. Really wanted Pike though, but don't think I can afford that price.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    The local Suncoast got in a case of the boxed Captain Pike in his command chair. Diamond Select Toys did a pretty good job on the figure, but I can't remember what the guy looked like so I can't comment on the likeness. Pike was only in the TOS pilot right? Anyway, the price was exorbitantly high - something like $25-30.
    Yes, Pike was in "The Cage", the first pilot of the show (TOS had 2 pilots, "The Cage" and then "Where No Man has Gone Before" with Shatner), though "The Cage" was edited into an actual aired episode of TOS, "The Menagerie".

Unfortunately, the pricepoint on these figures is up around $12 now, right? So $25 doesn't seem that crazy for a figure and a chair anymore, even though it totally IS.

Speaking of Trek, I got a full-sized Bat'leth for xmas, apparently a Pakistani swordmaking company made it, I've seen other prop replica swords come out of Pakistan before. The shape isn't perfect, it's actually very similar to the one in the photo on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat%27leth (note that the middle is straight rather than curved), and while I would have preferred it dull like the show prop, it shipped somewhat sharp (I think once I find a place for it on the wall, I'm going to dull the blades but sharpen the ends into tighter points as mine are rounded like the inner ones in the photo above).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I spent $200 on a Bat'leth as a gift for my master. He was such a high ranking black belt I just knew he could work out some forms and do some cool damage with that thing!

He got the hang of it (and knew what it was and where it originated from).

But, LOL, he also cut open his forehead with it! It was a small scratch, less than an inch probably, but he did draw some blood with it.

I think that incident was postceded by a "Watch this!" comment or something.

I got to work with it a little bit. You can really do some elegant moves with the thing, but I'd say that just from home practice, I'm very competant with regular sword play (thank Master Replicas ROTJ Luke FX Saber for that).

I've thought about getting a Bat'leth for myself, but because of the sharp blades, I don't think you're allowed to carry that in to conventions, etc. and you can't really safely spar another "Klingon" with it without a lawsuit risk. (In the actual Klingon Empire, there's no grounds for suing for "accidental death" in Bat'leth practice - it'd be more like bad gagh causing food poisoning or something that they'd allow to be prosecuted)

But since the MR Lightsabers are basically regarded as non-lethal, I can carry them at Comic Con or the movies, Celebrations, etc. and basically beat the crap out of someone else carrying one without as great of consequences.

In line for ROTS, I fought my hardest with the Hasbro sabers, actually setting aside as much as $65 to replace whatever I broke of my toys. None did and I did pretty well, but let little kids beat me. (And Darth Maul's was hard to work with against wild, unpracticed kids who'll gang up and I had trouble accessing my "Force push" to throw them off me. But there were some good fights). About 11pm "ROTS-eve" was when I saw the MR Vader FX Saber cut a Hasbro Mace Windu Force Effects saber into 3-4 pieces. Our theater managers let us in early and turned the lights down dim for those who wished combat to really witness the swirls of their lightsabers.

Looking back on that, I suppose they really could have gotten sued for allowing sparring. I didn't hear anything about that. No injuries really occured in my specific screening room. They were showing ROTS in like all 20 screens of the cineplex though - so I don't know how any others faired. But I doubt we were the only dueling grounds considering that crowd!

The Bat'Leth would get lethal awfully fast if used in that manner, however. Still, killing fascinates the Dark Side of me...

But you know: a real lightsaber would be an untraceable weapon, forensically speaking. They'd have to catch you with it to even prove it existed.

They sell rubber bat'leths that look very real which you could take to a convention, but I think filing down the edges on a metal one would be fine, it'd be no more dangerous than a metal fence post. Of course, hitting each other with a metal fencepost would do serious damage.

I suspect a lightsaber would leave a residual energy trace on the wounds it made which a Star Trek-level forensic team could detect and track back to the original user (each lightsaber having a unique crystal might create unique energy patterns).