Page 43 of 167 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Is this the one you got, JT?

http://www.bladematrix.tv/index.asp?...D&ProdID=33738

That place also sells a really nice version of the dagger.

http://www.bladematrix.tv/index.asp?...D&ProdID=37094
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yeah, that's the one. Decent price.

I've seen that fake d'ktag at Frank & Sons before, it's nifty but the pommel is all wrong, still I may have to buy it as it's a fairly decent representation of the blade setup. That company also makes a knockoff of the Blade 1 glaive: http://www.bladematrix.tv/index.asp?...D&ProdID=28693
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ActionFigs.com has the pictures of the 1st 3 Wrath of Khan figures from Diamond / Art Asylum (Khan, Kirk, Terrel).

They look really good! I hope they make Spock, Sulu, McCoy, Uhura, Chekov, and Scotty in his work vest! I really want this crew in this style. Most of TOS movies really rocked.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thanks for the head's up on this, they look pretty good. I've been staying away from this line but this will be impossible to avoid, to me, this really is what Captain Kirk (Admiral Kirk!) is about.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him!"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

"Aahhh Kirk, my old friend."

I think TWOK figures look sweet! So does the "Space Seed" Kirk and Khan 2-pack. I wonder how limited Capt. Terrel will be.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I can't find a pic of a Space Seed 2-pack, but I assume it is a bundle of the figures of TOS Kirk and Khan that I already own, re-carded?

From TOS, I wish they would just come out with the M-113 Salt Vampire they had proto-typed a year or two ago already.

Actually its an all new Kirk and Khan. Kirk is in his dress uniform and Khan is wearing that dress shirt from the dinner scene. Its very cool looking set.

Here's a picture...

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Diamond%2FStar_Trek%2FKh an_Kirk&pic=SpaceSeed.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

OK. Darn. I seriously like that set! I might have to buy it. I'm busy trying to formulate reasons not to now. How am I doing?

a) I don't have the space to display all these figures. It's time to be selective.

b) I save money by not spending it. I've got so many toys already!

c) What I really want is to go ballistic with a very thorough collection that includes secondary characters from an episode, series, or Trek film I really love - DS9 topping that list - so if I know what I want from the get-go, I don't need to be distracted by things I hadn't conceived of.

Corgi Star Trek Die-Cast Klingon Bird of Prey - this line never showed up in my area, so I had no idea what to expect, I tried to buy from EE but they haven't gotten it in yet. Checked ebay and saw a disturbing statement: it was 4" by 5", dinky for something that MSRPs for $25! I found one from www.flyingmule.com for $10 plus $8 shipping, much better, so I bought it. The packaging is a tube design, seems fancy but more for cars, not spaceships; it's resealable, though the stand halves are on blisters on either end so don't rip them all the way off if you want to reuse. The ship is pretty small, like a thin Action Fleet vehicle, and fairly lightweight, but has a satisfying sculpt and very nice paintjob. There are some pretty well-done little sculpted details, though naturally the metal sculpt is never going to be as sharp as the plastic elements. The wings are not movable sadly, but are fixed in the right position. The cannons and upper rear hull are plastic but blend nicely with the metal elements and have a crisp, unwarped shape. The paint is top notch, although the dayglow-orange engines should really be red. The stand is a thin, painted Klingon Empire logo plugged into a black base, there's even a rubber collar between it and the ship, there's no fancy angle and it just looks good. The ship looks to be close to scale with my Art Asylum Enterprise-A (the K-BoP was much smaller than the Ent). My only other complaints are that the the photon torpedo tube is too simple, the sculpted copyright logos are a bit much, and they didn't sculpt the side-hatch on the bridge. Overall, it's a nice ship that does justice to the source material, but feels like it'd be $10-overpriced if I had paid full price, and it really should have had movable wings. Grade: B