Page 44 of 167 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    JT... dumb question (and I'm being lazy by not looking it up), but is that Bird of Prey in scale with the Corgi Enterprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    Here's a picture...
    That set is brilliant! probably one of the best things I've seen from them in a while.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    JT... dumb question (and I'm being lazy by not looking it up), but is that Bird of Prey in scale with the Corgi Enterprise?
    Not even remotely, the line is based entirely on what can fit in that tube so the Enterprise and Ent-D are bigger than the Kbop because they're not so wide but they're not in a specific scale. Of course, there is an entire sliding scale with the Kbop going from its 110m original size up to 700m so you could conceivably find it close to one of the larger sized versions, but in original format, no.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So Comic Con will probably launch the TOS movie figure exclusives (similarly to this):

AFX: Spock
    New Force: McCoy
    Entertainment Earth: Uhura
    Diamond Select: Sulu
    ???: Chekov - possibly the bonus figure you get "for free" with your ST card stamped from purchasing all the other 4 figures

Oops. What about Scotty?

Kirk, Khan, and Terrel will be standard release.

They probably should do Lt. Saavik (Kirstie Alley).

I really wish that Khan would have some of his followers made so he could be more of a threat in dioramas.

Carol & David Marcus might make figures as well - but I'm not counting on them. However, Terrel and Chekov could serve as Khan's minions in a diorama for the time while they were "infected."

The Scotty figure is interesting to me as they could do him in his radiation suit (white outfit) or his standard uniform. I don't think he started wearing his trademark vest and tool belt until SFS, as he was Captain then, and ST Captains get vests. (Though Spock never wore one).

Anyway, my plan was to collect the crew, but I actually like the idea of being able to do more of a WOK scene with my figures if I get Khan and Terrel.

I just had thought it would be too expensive to buy red suits for all the possible movie figures they could also interact with:

Kruuge
    Maltz
    Saavik (Robin Curtis)
    Spock in burial robes
    Sarek
    -------------
    Gillian Taylor
    (technically, most of the crew would be redone in "civies" for STIV)
    Klingon Ambassador
    ------------
    Cybok
    Captain Klaaw
    Vixis
    "God"
    Romulan Ambassador
    Klingon Ambassador
    Teran Ambassador
    -----------------
    General Chang
    Admiral Cartwright
    Chancellor Gorkon
    Azetburr
    Martia
    Space-Suited Assassins
    Lt. Valaris

Actually, a lot of the crew could be redone in their rescue ops outfits, civies, even as 21st Century doctors for the other movies. Kirk in his leather jacket from SFS would be cool, come to think of it.

Looking back on it, I'd forgotten how much I'd like TOS movies! They were awesome!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Pics of DS9 have surfaced-

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/003347/GroupWHT.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...DS9crewpic.jpg

Ezri is such a strange choice for the first wave, I think she would be better on last wave like Dr. Crusher, but at least she comes with that awesome sniper rifle.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Holy crap! I'm so buying these! What are there 2 Ezri figures? One with and without the targeting eye-piece? And why does the one figure look taller than the other one? It's the same character!

Boy am I glad I bought 2 Worf figures (movie uniform) when I did! I'd hoped for this! DEEP SPACE NINE is the best Star Trek they ever did! The other shows don't come close to touching it!

Sisko is probably a recycled body: Riker or Data most likely.

Odo is all-new for obvious reasons and he looks great!

BTW: due to the height differences, the women are possibly Crusher and Troi recycles, but that doesn't matter. They're NINERS and that makes them all the more cool!

It took them long enough to get going with the Star Trek license, though I suppose they didn't want to go head-to-head against Star Wars in 2005, LOL (Hasbro dominated!).

But there might've been some historic rivalry with collectibles between the two franchises:

Playmates came on the scene with Trek in 1992 and started to rock.

By 1995 I think, they were dying as Star Wars really started to break out and was dominating by 1997.

I think ArtAsylum came on the scene in 2001 with Enterprise figures, up against POTJ for Star Wars (a smaller collection after overstockpiling of TPM products by retailers).

2001-2003 saw Art Asylum faltering, mostly with Enterprise stuff, and not really expanding their support for Nemesis products. Then by 2004 a TOS focus brought the Star Trek license a much-needed second wind.

With 2007 seeming to focus on TWOK and DS9, Star Trek is going to rock again.

Sometimes, with renewed interest in the toy market side of things, comes a good indication the time for a new movie or a TV series reboot is at hand.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Man, those DS9 likenesses suck, minus Odo who is easy since he has such simple features. Sisko's eyes are off, Jadzia's mouth is off because it's in that doofy smile which also throws the cheeks off, and Ezri is lame so it's accurate.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

OK, JT. Why don't you go buy some Mini-Cons, OK?

Hey, don't blame me because you have bad taste and can't tell a lemon from a jewel.

I am definitely getting a few mego style figs including the romulan. I wonder if the 1701 refit is just the 1701-A with new graphics or a whole new ship with new sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    I am definitely getting a few mego style figs including the romulan. I wonder if the 1701 refit is just the 1701-A with new graphics or a whole new ship with new sounds.

Where did you see a Mego-Styled Romulan amongst other figures?

I did find a picture of a bloodied-uniform WOK movie Kirk, called the "Double-Cross" from the scene where he tricks Khan. That's actually a great figure with his uniform jacket breast open.